Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You are addressing the wrong shot yourself now. If you read my post carefully you will see that I was talking about shooting the shot AFTER Bus Driver Willy chose to play SAFE off of the spot ball, just like Truman did. I was responding to that weak "safety" that you, Brumback, Truman and Bus Driver Willie chose in order to "wait for something better."

The pool "hater" and "I dont give a shit about pool," Hacker -- you know the guy that is on a pool forum every day -- he like you, fell asleep on my comments.

Beard

I think I hit a nerve with him with that "local yokel" comment.
What shot are you talking about? There were only two shots that we were discussing, and they were the two shots that were shot in consecutive order. Piggy shooting the 7 ball in the pocket, and you disagreed. Then Truman playing safe off of the 1 ball, and again you disagreed. If you're talking about the shot that Piggy shot when he sold out that shot wasn't even a hot topic. And if he did have a shot on the 8 ball straight back it was because Truman didn't know the correct shot when he played his safety. Remember when I said that you're trying to claim a victory off of a poorly played safety by Truman? Look to post #43 for my advice on how to play the safety. Plus on that shot I never even had a comment on what I would do. If you can direct me to the post where I said I would shoot a certain shot and wait for a better shot then i'll agree with you.

Please respond in a timely manner, thank you in advance.
Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You are addressing the wrong shot yourself now. If you read my post carefully you will see that I was talking about shooting the shot AFTER Bus Driver Willy chose to play SAFE off of the spot ball, just like Truman did. I was responding to that weak "safety" that you, Brumback, Truman and Bus Driver Willie chose in order to "wait for something better."

Beard

Every time I put more than one layout in a thread all you old guys get confused:D.

I believe you are talking about this layout Freddy, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll find the right one.

P.S. The second pic is where Piggy banked the 8 or tried to bank it between the 9 & 6.

This is Trumans safety:

TH's%20Shot.jpg

This is the layout after Trumans safety:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Every time I put more than one layout in a thread all you old guys get confused:D.

I believe you are talking about this layout Freddy, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll find the right one.

This is Trumans safety:

View attachment 5613

View attachment 5614
That's the second shot that we disagreed on. Freddie said that he should bank the 1 ball, everyone else disagreed. Then when Piggy shot the flyer off Trumans safety, Freddie tried to claim a moral victory by saying that the option shot Piggy had was why Trumans safety choice was wrong. I proceeded to explain if Truman would of played the safety the correct way Piggy wouldn't of had any free options.

Still waiting for the Beard to reply.
Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That's the second shot that we disagreed on. Freddie said that he should bank the 1 ball, everyone else disagreed. Then when Piggy shot the flyer off Trumans safety, Freddie tried to claim a moral victory by saying that the option shot Piggy had was why Trumans safety choice was wrong. I proceeded to explain if Truman would of played the safety the correct way Piggy wouldn't of had any free options.

Dr. Bill

No need explaining it to me, I ain't in this.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Perfect

Perfect

P.S. The second pic is where Piggy banked the 8 or tried to bank it between the 9 & 6.

This is Trumans safety:

View attachment 5613

View attachment 5614

I cross over the 8, lay the cue ball on the rail and ship the 8 to the head rail.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I cross over the 8, lay the cue ball on the rail and ship the 8 to the head rail.

Beard

Well whadda ya know, i'd do the same thing, finally you're playing with some understanding of how to play.

What about what I said in my other post, in rebutt to what you said I said about the shots that preceded the last shot?

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm beginning to think that my post#43 has went over a lot of heads, especially the Beards. He hasn't rebutted that post, or even acknowledged it as a good option.:confused: I wonder why. Maybe because it would of weakened further his rebut on the 7 ball safety Piggy shot, that he disagreed with.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm beginning to think that my post#43 has went over a lot of heads, especially the Beards. He hasn't rebutted that post, or even acknowledged it as a good option.:confused: I wonder why. Maybe because it would of weakened further his rebut on the 7 ball safety Piggy shot, that he disagreed with.

Dr. Bill
Is anyone out there?:frus I'm waiting. Are you there? I can't hear you.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm going to write an instructional book on playing strategic bank pool and one pocket. Fred, if you want me to send you a transcript before it goes into print pm me with your address.:D

I would really like you to help me with the proper wording, if not i'll ask Dennis.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member

The pool "hater" and "I dont give a shit about pool guy," Hacker, -- you know the guy that is on a pool forum every day -- he like you, fell asleep on my comments.

Beard

I think I hit a nerve with him with that "local yokel" comment. I got him to fess up his credentials fast enough also. How easy do you think it would be for me to heat him up in a pool room?

LMFAO im on here for entertainment purposes. Billy has you changing your choices and fumbling all over the place. Just admit you were wrong and move on with the next shot selection.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm going to write an instructional book on playing strategic bank pool and one pocket. Fred, if you want me to send you a transcript before it goes into print pm me with your address.:D

I would really like you to help me with the proper wording, if not i'll ask Dennis.

Dr. Bill

Billy when you get done with it, send it to me and i will correct all your mistakes. :D

Huh? I offer you help in your instructional book and i get viciously attacked again. I know your a little bitter about your loss to me but i still would be willing to help you out on the book. Im on your side... partner :p

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
No need explaining it to me, I ain't in this.
Wait a second, you most certainly are in it. You're the one that presents all of these situations that are up for debate. Your position should be more than just posting them. You have enough credentials to moderate these debates, and anything less would be a disservice not only to the debaters, but also to the readers.

Seems like we lost one of the key debaters.:heh

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I seen post #43

I seen post #43

Dr. Bill

Not a bad option, but Truman and nobody but you found it. There is also a chance of a kiss just below the side pocket. But if you are going to play that safe rather than bank the ball and win the game, I guess it would be worth the risk.
One of the differences with all these options is you have days to come up with a solution. In a game you have maybe a minute. I dont need days to find the right shot.:lol

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Wait a second, you most certainly are in it. You're the one that presents all of these situations that are up for debate. Your position should be more than just posting them. You have enough credentials to moderate these debates, and anything less would be a disservice not only to the debaters, but also to the readers.

Seems like we lost one of the key debaters.:heh

Dr. Bill

You didn't lose anybody but I do go back to work tomorrow after a week off so I won't be here to moderate.

117 posts for a basically meaningless thread might be a new world record though:p.

I would've shot the same safety Truman shot and put PBank on the headrail:eek:.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Not a bad option, but Truman and nobody but you found it. There is also a chance of a kiss just below the side pocket. But if you are going to play that safe rather than bank the ball and win the game, I guess it would be worth the risk.
One of the differences with all these options is you have days to come up with a solution. In a game you have maybe a minute. I dont need days to find the right shot.:lol

Beard
Freddie, first let me say that there is no kiss with my method of playing the safety by following through the 8 ball sending the cue ball to the center of the top rail. Secondly Truman didn't find the shot I just described, he hit the 1 ball thinly and went up table to the left side of the table, running the risk to leave a possible free bank for Piggy. My shot would position the cue ball near the top center diamond negating that possibility. And thirdly and finally, I don't need days to figure the right shot, i'm sure you can understand that by now. You have for some unknown reason have always felt that my conception of playing strategically was sub par. You really have no clue how I think, which has been evidenced in this thread. I believe that you have been blinded with thinking that anyone outside of Chicago doesn't understand how to play, which consequently limits your ability to learn. I on the other hand respect many players, and also many of the modern day players as well. You seem to be stuck in that old school way of playing gear, and that's not going to beat the players of today. I asked you to read my post #43 and you said that Truman shot the shot I described, when in fact he didn't, which is confusing to me as well as you read and write, you didn't understand what I said.:confused: Maybe your mind is closed to suggestions. I understood all of your shot choices, some I liked and some I didn't. We put our thoughts out there for whomever wanted to adopt a way of thinking and playing, at least they have a choice. That's what's great about this site. I only wish there were other players that would participate in debates of this kind, we would all be for the better if there were.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Freddie, first let me say that there is no kiss with my method of playing the safety by following through the 8 ball sending the cue ball to the center of the top rail. Secondly Truman didn't find the shot I just described, he hit the 1 ball thinly and went up table to the left side of the table, running the risk to leave a possible free bank for Piggy. My shot would position the cue ball near the top center diamond negating that possibility. And thirdly and finally, I don't need days to figure the right shot, i'm sure you can understand that by now. You have for some unknown reason have always felt that my conception of playing strategically was sub par. You really have no clue how I think, which has been evidenced in this thread. I believe that you have been blinded with thinking that anyone outside of Chicago doesn't understand how to play, which consequently limits your ability to learn. I on the other hand respect many players, and also many of the modern day players as well. You seem to be stuck in that old school way of playing gear, and that's not going to beat the players of today. I asked you to read my post #43 and you said that Truman shot the shot I described, when in fact he didn't, which is confusing to me as well as you read and write, you didn't understand what I said.:confused: Maybe your mind is closed to suggestions. I understood all of your shot choices, some I liked and some I didn't. We put our thoughts out there and whomever wanted to adopt a way of thinking and playing, at least they have a choice. That's what's great about this site. I only wish there were other players that would participate in debates of this kind, we would all be for the better if there were.

Dr. Bill

It is a shame we all just can't get along...Even the shortstop bankers, should see your wisdom Bill...But they are just too blind !!!.. :sorry :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A futile attempt at

A futile attempt at

It is a shame we all just can't get along...Even the shortstop bankers, should see your wisdom Bill...But they are just too blind !!!.. :sorry :rolleyes: :p

A futile attempt at sedition and butt kissing (and butt -in-ski-ing well past the point you like to accuse Mr 3 C of) Like I told Hacker (you shoulda been paying attn), Billy I and I can argue, even up to the point of violence, but dont ever think that a schlub like you can ever come between us.
The best you can ever hope for is "associate" status.

Beard