One pocket dilema

u12armresl

Verified Member
Play a $1200 set in front of him with a friend of yours that he doesn't know, then pay the friend off 12 crisp 100's, wink at him and walk out.

Oh darn, he posts here and will read this.

Drat, foiled again....

onepocketlover

mitch

mitch

Thats ok wasnt a great customer anyway no hard feelings. I never called pool hall all week. Someone called me saturday to say u were in there gambling again. 3 times since we played.why should i have to wait when you gambled 3 times since i saw u. U wrong. There are plenty of other guys i give weight to that i also beat. There are plenty of guys that owed me money that dindnt come in an gamble. Its principal weather it 10 dollars or 1000 dollars. ...

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
So we can get this straight: Mitch = Davey Scatino, Ernie = Richie Aprile and I am Tony Soprano. Drop it - Mitch ain't no degenerate gambler that needs the likes of you hunting him down at poolrooms or internet forums for 25 lousy bucks. He paid you, on time, as promised. End of story.

(For all you Soprano fans out there, I'm picturing Ernie calling Mitch out at the highroller's cars game with Frank Sinatra, Jr.)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
One pocket dilema

Thats ok wasnt a great customer anyway no hard feelings. I never called pool hall all week. Someone called me saturday to say u were in there gambling again. 3 times since we played.why should i have to wait when you gambled 3 times since i saw u. U wrong. There are plenty of other guys i give weight to that i also beat. There are plenty of guys that owed me money that dindnt come in an gamble. Its principal weather it 10 dollars or 1000 dollars. ...

Mitch: paid exactly as agreed. Saw you once in the interim and approached you immediately. You did not have to seek me out.

I have not and will not attack your character, as you have mine.

Go with God, my man. It's all good.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
A few points here:

1. Mitch is one of the good guys, let's get that straight right now.

2. Why are you hounding people over 25 damn dollars? I usually declare that kind of debt as a "walking round of beers."

3. Why do you and everyone else try to bring into the public what should be a private matter? Send the dude a text message and dispense with this high school shit.

4. You knew Mitch was going to read your post - why would you do something like this? Why call him an "easy mark" and skew the story, knowing he posts here every single day?

You're good enough to have beat him - seems like you'd have enough brains to manage a "customer."

Cheers,
Dan

P.S. We need a sticky called "NIT ALERT."

Ever think about becoming a lawyer?

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Customers

Customers

When I was first learning the game, over 50 years ago, if a person was truly "an easy mark," you let them get away with just about anything, during or after the session. It was routine to get air barreled on the last game. I never argued when they called a foul that wasn't actually a foul and never called a foul on them no matter how clearly they had fouled. Never corrected them when they, probably purposely, got the game count wrong. After all, it was just stealing and you knew you were going to get most if not all the cash they had on them. Just help them enjoy themselves as they emptied out.:lol:lol

keoneyo

Verified Member
Polonius' advice to his son Laertes in Hamlet.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend"

"Money makes people funny". My first lesson in a pool hall.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
One pocket dilema

Polonius' advice to his son Laertes in Hamlet.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend"

"Money makes people funny". My first lesson in a pool hall.

Amen. Good advice. Thing of beauty to be able to continue learning. 👍.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thank you for the kind words. Yes being a good person is important to me. I'm surely not perfect, but I do try.

Now that you've gotten your answer Ernie (from some folks who IMO are to be respected), let's just let it go.

One of my favorite movies was The Gene Krupa Story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gene_Krupa_Story

Anita O'day was in it with Bobby Troup and Shelley Manne.
Shelley was a jazz drummer and owned a place on Cahuenga in Hollywood called Shelleys Manne Hole. A great Jazz place in the 60's
You probably remember Doc.
Sal Mineo was great in the movie. Gene was a hellavu drummer. Check him out on Youtube.com

OOPS WRONG THREAD! Go to members cafe. Sorry!

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Verified Member

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

You have taken this to a very personal level and I believe you know it. The fact alone that you have brought this to this forum is reason to believe that this has less to do with a debt than something else. If not, then you need to learn a lot about gambling etiquette, to say the least.

You must be a "tush hog":heh:sorry

Dr. Bill

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Apology Needed

Apology Needed

I don't know either guy in this post but to say Mike is a easy mark is insulting by putting it on this forum and for 25.00 you made yourself looked like a nit. When I was younger and beat a guy I would ask if he needed a walking stick or if he owed me the last game I would tell him to forget it. A 20 year friendship destroyed over a game of one pocket. IMO you owe Mike a personal apology.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I don't know either guy in this post but to say Mike is a easy mark is insulting by putting it on this forum and for 25.00 you made yourself looked like a nit. When I was younger and beat a guy I would ask if he needed a walking stick or if he owed me the last game I would tell him to forget it. A 20 year friendship destroyed over a game of one pocket. IMO you owe Mike a personal apology.

Its Mitch.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If a guy agrees to a date to settle up then that is the day you agreed to so I would not even mention a word of the money unless WE gambled again where I would remark I am up X amount before we start this session. I have let people run tabs gambling for small money and over time it can pay pretty good because it adds up.

Have I been jerked around?, yes but rarely it has happened but if someone is an easy mark so to say then its easy free money anyway. One guy was a meth addict degenerate gambler, he was free money every time I saw him and he was a nice guy too. I forgave his debt because he cleaned himself up and doesn't gamble, drink or do drugs anymore so I am happy for him that his life is good now.

I think learning how to treat people is important in life especially when you are taking money from them playing a game you love. Maybe try buying them a drink, paying table time, shoot the shit with them, or even the good old free shot. I used to have a guy I gave 10/6 to and if he was really stuck I would say you are a good guy and I am going to give you a free shot at the cash, race to 4 or 5 even up. It is a lock and his chances of winning were very very slim but the guy had fun doing it, it was a free play for him.

I would not come on a forum where they are going to see and know its about them or be calling all week over $25 when I agreed to a date to pay off. It sounds like someone is either broke or a real tight ass nit. I wouldn't play someone either when they are chasing $25 hard like that either all week before our payoff date. :cool:

baby huey

Verified Member
You have to rate games and people including yourself. Some people like to owe someone to see how they are respected or not respected and etc. You took this to a level that should not have ocurred and you lost a game and I'll bet there will be some pool commentary as a result and it won't be kindly to you.