efren/scott #678

onepockethacker

Verified Member

The great Efren Reyes screwed up the 8-ball two-railer. But never mind. Even so, that's the shot the rest of us mortals should select...:D Reyes tried some of his "magic", but got egg on his face.

These offers of WWYD set-up propositions crack me up.;) It's simply cyber chest-beating. Whoever makes the bet that he can make or hang the 8 ball as the best shot rather than to play safe off the 9, would be practicing that shot eight hours a day until the time of the contest.:lol But in an actual game the shooter only gets one attempt at a fresh shot.

The truth is that no one knows how a two-railer is going to react on any given table until he shoots the first one. After that, he can make an educated guess for any subsequent ones.

BTW, for the realistic players who would shoot the 9-ball, there hasn't been any consensus yet on which option to take. Two-rail it? Three-rail it? Kick it? If there's enough room behind the 9, I like the two-rail kick. What would you do with the 9-ball, Rob?

~Doc

1 rail kick into the 9 ball with RHE Doc. Kick it off the side rail and over to the cluster. I shot that comes up in every one pocket game practically.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
By the way, when we play out this prop only the loser can quit, and I want it streamed so all your friends can see that you made it on to the stream.:p:D:lol

Dr. Bill

1 turn each William. Thats all you get in the game. You have to remember we have played a few times and I can remember clear as day each time you attempted this same 2 railer and butchered it in the blind. :lol:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
By the way, when we play out this prop only the loser can quit, and I want it streamed so all your friends can see that you made it on to the stream.:p:D:lol

Dr. Bill

By the way we can play this out as many times as you want 1 turn each. We have PLENTY of different tables down here in south florida. No practice attempts. I pick a table then you pick a table. Maybe the other 2 blind mice can coach you.:lol:lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Like Doc wisely pointed out to you and the other 2 wise men is that in a game you get 1 crack. So Mr. prop man. Come on down here and we will set the balls up they way they are. You shoot the 2 railer on the 8 ball and we play the game until someone gets 2 balls. Then I will move the 9 ball and we will play until someone gets 2 balls. Thats what this is all about. How shooting the 2 railer was a complete guess by Efren as shown by his result. I will pick the table for you to shoot the 2 railer on with no practice attempts at it. Then you can pick the table for me to move the 9 ball with no practice attempts... Just like in a match 1 turn each bet what you and the other 2 blind mice can stand. Either someone wins both or we tie..
You don't get it, it's not about you playing me it's about whether the shot was a good or bad option. I'm not going to play you until one of us makes two balls, the only thing that proves is who the best player is, if you don't believe that then I'll substitute Alex for me...Duh..

plus I get to get a feel for the rails just like I would if I were playing a match. Reread my proposal and let me know what you want to do, then you can fly either to Newark this week or Dallas next week, I'll supply the streaming.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
1 rail kick into the 9 ball with RHE Doc. Kick it off the side rail and over to the cluster. I shot that comes up in every one pocket game practically.

Excellent choice, if you're looking to pass time. If you're looking to win and have the skills to back it up then ....ah forget it...

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You don't get it, it's not about you playing me it's about whether the shot was a good or bad option. I'm not going to play you until one of us makes two balls, the only thing that proves is who the best player is, if you don't believe that then I'll substitute Alex for me...Duh..

plus I get to get a feel for the rails just like I would if I were playing a match. Reread my proposal and let me know what you want to do, then you can fly either to Newark this week or Dallas next week, I'll supply the streaming.

Dr. Bill

LOL. I guess I closed your carnival down. If you want to shoot shots in this scenario seeing who gets the first ball 10 ahead... Then my new shot is to cut the 8 ball in and have the cue ball double kiss off the ball on the rail and come across table. I wonder why efren didn't cut the 8 ball in? It was a way easier make than the 2 railer...hmmm I wonder why? hmmm. Oh wait they weren't playing to get 1 ball:frus

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Excellent choice, if you're looking to pass time. If you're looking to win and have the skills to back it up then ....ah forget it...

Dr. Bill

The skills to back it up... your the best.. EFREN REYES missed by 2 diamonds and trapped himself:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

keoneyo

Verified Member
Sorry to come in so late. I want to shoot the 8 ball. My heart tells me so. After all it is a game of pocketing balls. But my intellect tells me different.

The only reason I would shoot the 8 is if I could use the wedge in some way to trap Scott. But I don't see a way. Unless maybe banking the 8 two rails and freezing whitey to the 2 balls on the rail and Chinese snookering, (cue ball in front of a frozen ball) stopping Scott from shooting the 9. But with Scott's skill even that doesn't make me feel comfortable.

I like Franks shot the best since it puts the 9 on my side of the table and utilizes the wedge to put Scott in a totally defensive position. Which is what Scott actually does to Efren.

The uniqueness of Efren is that he shoots the unconventional and makes it look great and simple. But bad choices eventually catch up to you. And you cant get lucky all the time.

treeMan

Verified Member
I like the two railer on the 8 ball for the reasons Billy and others stated.

What is really perplexing is the way Efren shot it, he damn near left the 8 on the spot. :frus

It looks like he drew the cue ball to the side rail, there is no table that would have opened up the bank enough to get the 8 close to the hole the way he hit it, what was he thinking??

To me it looks like a fairly straight draw shot to leave the cue ball in the middle of the end rail would get the 8 close to the hole. That was the shot and I would shoot that every time. From that cue ball position there wouldn't be easy offensive replies like Rob is suggesting.

tree

onepockethacker

Verified Member

What is really perplexing is the way Efren shot it, he damn near left the 8 on the spot. :frus

It looks like he drew the cue ball to the side rail, there is no table that would have opened up the bank enough to get the 8 close to the hole the way he hit it, what was he thinking??

To me it looks like a fairly straight draw shot to leave the cue ball in the middle of the end rail would get the 8 close to the hole. That was the shot and I would shoot that every time. From that cue ball position there wouldn't be easy offensive replies like Rob is suggesting.

tree

Your right.. with the cue ball in the middle of the end rail you won't have to worry about Scott banking the 8 ball..... HE WILL JUST CUT THE 9 BALL IN:frus

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

tree

That covers about all of what I think of the shot, Tree

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Unbelievable I have to take the little kiddies to school today..
There are 2 places you can leave the cue ball if you were going to 2 rail the 8 ball. Where Efren left it or on the cluster of balls. Anywhere middle of table over not on top of the cluster of balls and Scott is cutting the 9 ball in for sure. Now then if you leave it on the cluster of balls and the 8 ball ends up on the end rail then Scott will still cut at the 9 ball..Why? Because for the exact reason billy and the wise men think the 2 railer is so good(which it isn't worth shit) they are hoping Scott would have to move the 8 ball without leaving a bank on the 9 ball. 1.He will have a good chance at making it. 2. It offers an easy cue ball escape back up table. So to try and hit the 2 railer good AND get him stuck to the cluster of balls where Scott can't cue whitey comfortably is LOW percentage... So in case you guys were wondering that is why Efren shot the ball the way he did. He did not want to leave Scott any kind of cut on the 9 ball.... Now then from where Efren left the cue ball if the 8 ball comes to rest on your side rail there is HIGH PROBABILITY that you will leave a cross corner into the 9 ball. If it ends up on the end rail there is HIGH PROBABILITY that you leave a 2 rail kick at the 8 ball toward the 9 ball and cue ball back up table... OR you can hit it like the best that ever lived did and you get to deal with Scotts reply to it....
So in conclusion if you dont make or hang the 8 ball it isn't worth a fiddlers ****. Now then the odds of you hitting it that good with 1 ATTEMPT not 50 practice tries are SLIMMMMM:sorry
You are up 3 to 2 all the balls but the 9 ball are up town on your side of the table. WDYD? You take the 1 glimmer of hope from Scott by moving the 9 ball back near the cluster. Play the score and your ball position.... What you don't do is show everyone you can hit the old 2 railer real goooood, butcher it and give Scott the incentive knowing that if he is just real patient you might gift wrap him a few.
All I can say is for all you guys that still like 2 railing the 8 ball when do you want to play LOL LOL LOL
P.S. I know this is WAY beyond your guys one pocket knowledge but obviously the way efren played the cue ball the 9 ball was a fairly easy cut from anywhere but where efren left it.

Last edited: