Maryland State One-Pocket Championship, Nov 1-2, '08

JAM

Verified Member
Somebody e-mailed this to me and asked if I could help disseminate this tournament info, and I think it definitely belongs on this forum! :p

Capone Cues, Danny Green, and Everything-About-Pool.com is pleased to announce:

1st Annual Maryland State One-Pocket Championship

It will take place at Side Pockets in Laurel, MD (the old Champions pool room), about 2 miles from Interstate 95 and very easy to get to. Side Pockets is a no-smoking pool room, and the tournament will be played on 9-foot GC4's. This pool room has a full bar and restaurant with good food. :)

This event is OPEN to all non-residents. It is rumored that Larry Nevel and Cliff Joyner will be some of the pros who have committed to competing in this event. Since this event occurs within a week or so after the U.S. Open, there may be quite a few good players. It's only about a 3.5-hour drive from Laurel, MD to Chesapeake Beach, VA which is the venue site for the Open.

Entry fee is $150 for pro players, $125 for "A" players, and $100 for all others.

There is $2,000 added, and the payouts are based 64 players, 1st place is $2,500, 2nd place is $1,250, and it pays out 16 places with 13th through 16th pocketing $175. There will be a CALCUTTA with a portion of the proceeds going to benefit Cancer Research.

Danny Green is the TD and is accepting entry fees now.

For more info, Danny Green's phone number is 202-422-3217. His e-mail address is DGREEN6707@Yahoo.com, and the website for this event is: http://www.everything-about-pool.com/

JAM