Grag Stevens

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
When greg wanted a card player to stake him, he'd tell the guy, "It's like aces over kings." If the potential backer were a car dealer he'd say, "It's like a Cadillac over a Pinto."
He was taken to the hospital once with some type of problem with his leg. he told the doctor, "Look, I don't care if I die you're not gonna give me an enema!!!"
He could play a week. Sometimes after he'd go broke, after a 3 or 4 day session, he'd go to his hotel and clean up and return to the pool room quickly and act like he just got up in order to get new backing.
Greg played better One Pocket than I did when I lived in Houston. Jersey Red, whose advice we young players respected a lot, told me, get him to go to eleven and I like your game a lot. So I got eleven to nine, break apiece.
Greg ran eleven and out four times in a row.
I know lots of Stevens stories. We'll talk more later.

Last edited:

DOC CRAMER

Bugs in Detroit

Bugs in Detroit

You played Bugs a number of times in Detroit several years ago. How did that match up work out for you Grady? I've always been curious about the outcome.
BTW, I'm trying to put together a deal for you with a new owner of room here in Orlando. All new Gold Crown IV's.

Your friend, Doc Cramer

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Nice to hear from you, Doc. I could use some work in Florida and will appreciate any help you can lend. My website has all the pertinent info.

I don't know how many times Bugs and I played but it was quite a few. As close as I can figure, we're probably about even.