S. Murphy vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
I'm not supporting the shot that Shane shot because it's too tough of a hit, however, I am supporting the benefit shots of this kind carry, providing they carry the angle this shot does. If the 1ball was out a little further from the rail making the hit a little easier then this shot would be tons the better shot, as opposed to the weak draw shot to the top right pocket. Anyone that can't see that should take up another game.

Lets envision where the 1ball would end up had Shane not pocketed it. Then consider where the cue ball ended up and tell me how the incoming player is going to like shooting from there. Shots that carry the angle this shot carries are strong moves, period. All you have to do is get the object ball down table and the natural speed of the shot will take care of evrerything else, including your opponent.

Hacker can say what he wants, about how poorly I play but he wont take my prop up about playing his shot against this shot. Of course I need to have a top player shoot against him , just to put him out of his misery quicker.

I'll go one better. I'll let Shane shoot this shot against anyone in the world and his opponent has to shoot the draw shot option and if Shane makes the bank it don't count and he shoots over. That prop is open to anyone in the world that wants to gamble. Come get some.
Dr. Bill

I am confused as to why you'd change the shot to your liking versus the way it was posted. The reason the one rail isn't that good here is because of the exact position of the 1ball near the side and the cue ball. If it were moved, then your shot is the clear and obvious choice. Are you used to playing with the hand span? :p

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I am confused as to why you'd change the shot to your liking versus the way it was posted. The reason the one rail isn't that good here is because of the exact position of the 1ball near the side and the cue ball. If it were moved, then your shot is the clear and obvious choice. Are you used to playing with the hand span? :p

My last word on the shot.
The one ball is laying fine to bank. SVB hit it badly, from looking at the pic of him it's obvious he hasn't yet learned the shot. Many others here also don't seem to know how to shoot it. No reason to hit near upper corner pocket to make or bring the OB down safely. My only danger is the bank may turn to much and catch the point of the side. Freddy knows this shot, but got his feelers hurt and won't post about it. He liked low on the CB, but it'll turn either way.
I agree with Billy, if you've played a few games, pocket speed shouldn't be a problem and the safety is better than the other options.
Rod. <----over and out.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It took me a little while to remember the match and then it came to me.. Its an accustats one pocket match between Shannon Daulton and Nick Varner during one of the first Derby City years. I have the match but cant find it right now. Billy and Danny D. doing the commentary. During one of the games Varner has an option to shoot a combination which is laying a little awkward(like the 1 bal in this thread) or he can play safe. Danny D. kept saying he should shoot the combo and Billy said no way play safe.. Varner went for the combo and missed and sold out and lost the game on the shot. For the next 5 minutes or more Billy and Danny are still arguing over the shot with Danny saying the combo was the right shot and Billy saying the safe was the right shot... Billy's final words on the situation were priceless, timeless and ironic..... Danny there is no way you are going to win this argument saying shoot the combo when the SHOT COST HIM THE GAME!!! The best part of all this is Billy's rationale and big speech that having to perform was a reason he didnt choose to make the 1 ball and draw over... WELL HOW DID THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD PERFORM ON YOUR SHOT BILLY? :lol:lol:sorry I love all these guys on here who say all you got to do is this or he dont know how to hit the shot.. You would think these guys all play perfect and never make a mistake and they never sell out.. All you got to do is hit it like this with perfect speed and come back and forth and SEE YOU GOT HIM IN TROUBLE:rolleyes: Like I said before this isnt XBOX. You get one chance and a video game isnt playing the shot for you, your shaking trembling hands are and as it proved out it was a SHIT CHOICE...
P.S. However if you move the 1 ball over a little bit to the right and the cueball to the left and make it a little closer then its a great shot!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think you guys should play oneball onehole, raceto7, alternate first shooter. Every match will start with this shot SVB had.

He has action!! Just so you know Billy and I have played 30 games of one pocket against each other and the games have come down to last ball probably 7 times... He is 0 for 7!!:sorry

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
My last word on the shot.
The one ball is laying fine to bank. SVB hit it badly, from looking at the pic of him it's obvious he hasn't yet learned the shot. Many others here also don't seem to know how to shoot it. No reason to hit near upper corner pocket to make or bring the OB down safely. My only danger is the bank may turn to much and catch the point of the side. Freddy knows this shot, but got his feelers hurt and won't post about it. He liked low on the CB, but it'll turn either way.
I agree with Billy, if you've played a few games, pocket speed shouldn't be a problem and the safety is better than the other options.
Rod. <----over and out.

From reading many of your posts, I know you are an offensive-minded player and wouldn't think twice about shooting here. I play more conservative and don't want to shoot a shot, with one ball on the table, that lays a little funny and I could end up losing with. Of course I know how to bank this ball both the way Freddy described and the shot Billy described. And Shane absolutely knows how to shoot it too. I just don't like it in this spot because it's not totally free. I'm sure Shane didn't rush this shot or take it for granted, and he hit it bad. If I could shoot it 10-20x in a row, I'd play the bank. If I could move the balls slightly, I'd play the bank.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
From reading many of your posts, I know you are an offensive-minded player and wouldn't think twice about shooting here. I play more conservative and don't want to shoot a shot, with one ball on the table, that lays a little funny and I could end up losing with. Of course I know how to bank this ball both the way Freddy described and the shot Billy described. And Shane absolutely knows how to shoot it too. I just don't like it in this spot because it's not totally free. I'm sure Shane didn't rush this shot or take it for granted, and he hit it bad. If I could shoot it 10-20x in a row, I'd play the bank. If I could move the balls slightly, I'd play the bank.

You sir move to the head of the class... you know what you are talking about.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think you guys should play oneball onehole, raceto7, alternate first shooter. Every match will start with this shot SVB had.

Bill I would lovr to get a player that played even with Hacket and play this prop. The draw shot with the 1ball is a very weak shot ypu can only lose shooting it you cant win I understand the bank on the 1ball is a difficult hit but it carries a much more tewarf than the fraw shot. Ill take gentile he cs n plsy my end against hacker with my shit shot
Dr Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is for the guys who say "if the 1 ball was further off the rail I would do this", or maybe "if the cueball were closer to the rail I would do this".

Have you guys even figured out that if the 1 was further off the rail or the cueball was closer to it, then I, in all liklihood, would not have posted the layout. Can't you figure that out?

Dennis

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm not supporting the shot that Shane shot because it's too tough of a hit, however, I am supporting the benefit shots of this kind carry, providing they carry the angle this shot does. If the 1ball was out a little further from the rail making the hit a little easier then this shot would be tons the better shot, as opposed to the weak draw shot to the top right pocket. Anyone that can't see that should take up another game.

Lets envision where the 1ball would end up had Shane not pocketed it. Then consider where the cue ball ended up and tell me how the incoming player is going to like shooting from there. Shots that carry the angle this shot carries are strong moves, period. All you have to do is get the object ball down table and the natural speed of the shot will take care of evrerything else, including your opponent.

Hacker can say what he wants, about how poorly I play but he wont take my prop up about playing his shot against this shot. Of course I need to have a top player shoot against him , just to put him out of his misery quicker.

I'll go one better. I'll let Shane shoot this shot against anyone in the world and his opponent has to shoot the draw shot option and if Shane makes the bank it don't count and he shoots over. That prop is open to anyone in the world that wants to gamble. Come get some.
Dr. Bill

The more I think about this bank, its a darn near natural 3 rail long rail up and down bank....free shot, leave whitey by the upper l/h corner. Just make sure ya bank it a little wide on the first rail. The third time the obj. ball hits the rail on this twice up and down shot, depending on the speed, could bank long and into his hole. Be interesting hearing what the Beard would say about this shot. Whats has to happen, is the banking ball must still have some reverse on it when it arrives to hit the second rail of the 3 rail shot. This shot may be Very available on a Wet table.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm playing it 3 rails with top right.

I know we all see things differently but how anyone can see a 3-Railer here is beyond me:confused:.

I guess you would have to be a good banker to see it, or maybe its not laying like it looks to me. Care to play some for a few dimes?

What did he do? That one ball straightback bank is frought with peril,er somtin like that.I don't see a 3 railer either.Looks like the point might be in the way for that shot,so what did he do? JB

Hey CatFishBreath, it looks like you might get action playing Bankpool. You clearly are not a good Bankpool player since you can't see the 3-Railer:p.

RBL

backplaying

Verified Member
Hey CatFishBreath, it looks like you might get action playing Bankpool. You clearly are not a good Bankpool player since you can't see the 3-Railer:p.

RBL

I set this up on a goldcrown and it will go three rails, but to be honest, I would bank it 1 rail for better control of the cueball. I just had to needle you a little for thinking it wouldn't go. Who knows, I might have got a game I could actually win at! If you played Bill I 9-7 and won, I would be the dog in the 1 hole and most likely a favorite in banks and 9 ball. Does anyone on this site actually match up and gamble?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I set this up on a goldcrown and it will go three rails, but to be honest, I would bank it 1 rail for better control of the cueball. I just had to needle you a little for thinking it wouldn't go. Who knows, I might have got a game I could actually win at! If you played Bill I 9-7 and won, I would be the dog in the 1 hole and most likely a favorite in banks and 9 ball. Does anyone on this site actually match up and gamble?

Is your name Billy Kuykendall? or something close to that?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Bill I would lovr to get a player that played even with Hacket and play this prop. The draw shot with the 1ball is a very weak shot ypu can only lose shooting it you cant win I understand the bank on the 1ball is a difficult hit but it carries a much more tewarf than the fraw shot. Ill take gentile he cs n plsy my end against hacker with my shit shot
Dr Bill

I thought from your shot selections you might be drunk or on drugs... after I read this post of yours it confirmed it.. What were you dictating to Artie B. and he was doing the typing?:lol Holy shit... I do have to agree with you the one railer on the 1 ball does carry much more TEWARF than my FRAW shot.. you got me there!!:p Thats nice of you taking a guy that plays 9 to 7 better than me.. LOL Its your shot you shoot it.. Im sure everyone on here would love to see you play 1 ball one pocket... just think of how much they would learn:D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Lol. It is especially funny too because usually Billy's diction is perfect.

You two have some of the most lively, and good-natured debates on here. It is fun to watch.

onepockethacker

Verified Member

You two have some of the most lively, and good-natured debates on here. It is fun to watch.

If you cant bust your friends balls than whose can you bust.. I respect Billy alot but in this case hes wrong.. Actually I think Gary Busey was typing for Billy on that last post. LOL

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If you cant bust your friends balls than whose can you bust.. I respect Billy alot but in this case hes wrong.. Actually I think Gary Busey was typing for Billy on that last post. LOL

I know when he comes in here even he'll admit that was a good one.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Dr Bill

Well said.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Dr Bill

I thought from your shot selections you might be drunk or on drugs... after I read this post of yours it confirmed it.. What were you dictating to Artie B. and he was doing the typing?:lol Holy shit... I do have to agree with you the one railer on the 1 ball does carry much more TEWARF than my FRAW shot.. you got me there!!:p Thats nice of you taking a guy that plays 9 to 7 better than me.. LOL Its your shot you shoot it.. Im sure everyone on here would love to see you play 1 ball one pocket... just think of how much they would learn:D

Uhhhhhh, Billy is probably posting using his phone, duh.

PS. It looks like theres no good shot so I guess you have to take an intentional from that spot. :lol

backplaying

Verified Member
Is your name Billy Kuykendall? or something close to that?

One of the few to spell it right. I like to match up and gamble. I have only played a few times in 8 months. I'm easy to get a line on. What are you giving up? Justin Cone said he would like to match up with someone also.