A Very Radical Thought

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
OK, this has been eatin' a hole in me for quite a few days. The pictures of Ike and Ghost at DCC brought it to a head and I'm about to burst. At DCC at the top of the escalator if you turn left, you go into the Green Room through double doors and you could always find something going on there. Well, at the right hand side corner in the back was a bar size table. For the first 3 days or so and maybe longer, every time I went into that room there was a middle age-ish woman holding court on that table. She was playing for money and she played anyone that wanted to play her. So, who was she? Here's the radical thought...that wasn't Jack Cooney was it? That would be too rich.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
petie said:
OK, this has been eatin' a hole in me for quite a few days. The pictures of Ike and Ghost at DCC brought it to a head and I'm about to burst. At DCC at the top of the escalator if you turn left, you go into the Green Room through double doors and you could always find something going on there. Well, at the right hand side corner in the back was a bar size table. For the first 3 days or so and maybe longer, every time I went into that room there was a middle age-ish woman holding court on that table. She was playing for money and she played anyone that wanted to play her. So, who was she? Here's the radical thought...that wasn't Jack Cooney was it? That would be too rich.
hehe... you're talking about this year's DCC? The 1st room at the top of the escalator? The Action Room? As you walk into the room and go to the very far right, there is one table back there in the corner.

I know it was always busy.. but then again, every table was busy in there. I never did make it back there to watch any action on that table. Nobody I ever recognized back there. Jennette Lee and Dippy played on the table right in front of it... Tim Heath and Dippy played on that table too.

I seem to remember there was a woman back there.

Or was there?:confused::D

I'll have to check my photos and video's and see if I got a shot of what was going on back there.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
petie said:
I was in that room also and wondered the same thing...I think it was Cole Dickson:p .

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't think there is a chance in hell it was ANY male player dressed in drag, but stranger things have happened, lol.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If it's the woman in the photo, she is a one time womens nine ball champion who at one time ranked number one in the world. She is the one who pushed Allison Fisher out of her number one ranking on the women tour. Like The Miz, she was a school teacher. She was with the current top rated women nine ball player, Kelly Fisher. When I talked to her, she was excited about playing banks and one pocket.
And her name is

Karen Corr

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
hehe... yo Steve!!! What you doing zooming in on that situation in the back???:D

There's a episode of Seinfeld that comes to mind... The Man Hands

Petey may have a point here.. I believe further investigation is necessary. If we're all wrong, we're man/woman enough to apologize.:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
petie said:
Karen Korr has bigger ah hands. Also, Karen uses a black and white cue.

She has huge " hands " and like other players other than the Black Widow, covers them carefully. It's Karen Corr. I spoke to her a couple of times when she was practcing on the next table for the banks. Like Gerta and Allison, they are all very nice people when in the public. Very approachable and willing to talk pool. I hope her and Kelly Fisher return. I think she was playing some cheap one pocket in the later portions of the night. There's so much going on with action, top levels tournament games, following someone spending their time practicing wasn't on my agenda.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
I don't think there is a chance in hell it was ANY male player dressed in drag, but stranger things have happened, lol.

i dont think karen has a belly like that

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Scrzbill said:
She has huge " hands " and like other players other than the Black Widow, covers them carefully. It's Karen Corr. I spoke to her a couple of times when she was practcing on the next table for the banks. Like Gerta and Allison, they are all very nice people when in the public. Very approachable and willing to talk pool. I hope her and Kelly Fisher return. I think she was playing some cheap one pocket in the later portions of the night. There's so much going on with action, top levels tournament games, following someone spending their time practicing wasn't on my agenda.

Her I mite as well through this up thier Why dont Women play one pocket?????

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
NH Steve said:

actually, looking closer, my mind drifted back to 1982.
No disrespect intended, just saying......
tootsie.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Artie Bodendorfer said:
What does CaliRed and Dipper have in common?

I don't know. They're both millionaires? They both think Jeanette is hot?

Oh, BTW that is the correct table, Greg. The gal I'm talking about was on it for at least 2 maybe 3 days playing all comers at the very beginning of the tournament. Two that I know played her are Dave Krenzel, former one handed one pocket champ and Jason Kirkwood a monster in his own right and former runner up in the banks division. Jason wasn't giving her weight. Also, the gal I'm talking about was shorter than Karen and had modest sized bosoms so to speak.

I have talked to Dave since then and he thought she was a 'doughnut'--somebody who has so much dough they throw it away foolishly. Trouble is, nobody seems to have scored that much from her. Also, if you are the greatest hustler in the world, you're not supposed to scare people. You're supposed to look like a mark ready for fleecing.

Also, would any one of you out there put it past Jack to do this? One other thing. Barbara was at the tournament.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
I think it does her justice.

I think it does her justice.

gulfportdoc said:
That doesn't look like Karen Corr to me; unless it was the worst picture ever taken of her.:rolleyes:

Doc

That is Karen, no doubt about it. I played with her(no jokes here please) the last time I was at the DCC, she had that same fanny pack or whatever u want to call it.
Huge boobs. No offense.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
suki said:
That is Karen, no doubt about it. I played with her(no jokes here please) the last time I was at the DCC, she had that same fanny pack or whatever u want to call it.
Huge boobs. No offense.
what about the belly???:confused: