GRADY vs PARICA 1994

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Thin Cut

Thin Cut

I think Grady will cut the striped ball by the spot{10 ball?} and come 2 rails for the 4 ball? The shot looks like it wont sell out and may allow Grady to even up the game and maybe get out. Keith

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Can playing the 6ball, bank it out to middle of table and leave jose by the corner pocket be a viable option? reasoning....the 4 dont bank, unless jose fires in the 2 ball bank at risk of selling out the game ,he wont have a strong reply it seems.

or nudge the 2 down table just past the side pocket,cue on/by the rail.

i would try either one of these.

shot in the dark option;
1 aggressive shot is the kick at the 14 on the rail, running english...it in a good spot to try if your comfortable with it.
i know atleast 1 person that would shoot it....:) we play even...:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
shot in the dark option;
1 aggressive shot is the kick at the 14 on the rail, running english...it in a good spot to try if your comfortable with it.
i know atleast 1 person that would shoot it....:) we play even...:D

anyone we know???:rolleyes:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I think Grady will cut the striped ball by the spot{10 ball?} and come 2 rails for the 4 ball? The shot looks like it wont sell out and may allow Grady to even up the game and maybe get out. Keith

The cut on the strip is a legitimate shot, but I think he'd end up back where he is. That wouldn't be all bad. I think he'll probably bank the 6 ball with draw and try to line up the balls by his hole.:D
Rod.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think Grady had best cut that striped ball with pocket speed, just in self-defense. He'll be sorry if he leaves any sort of shot on it for that fearless Filipino. The eye of a turkey buzzard, the nerve of a house burglar and the grin of a cub scout. Jose can do. :D

timdog24

Verified Member
Cut the stripe, on the thin side, and bring the cue ball all the way back to where it is. It could be funny with the cue ball hanging in the pocket though..

tylerdurden

Verified Member
parica ahead 6-3 in balls
its gradys shot
View attachment 4239

I like simple here because his position is strong already. Come off the six, get it on his side, and def focus on freezing to the rail, or as close as possible. From this angle, tough to see, i think id cut the 6 slightly, put it on my side, then try to freeze the cb on that end rail after hitting the side rail. If that ball middle diamond end rail is bankable for grady i really like this shot, it would make it hard for jose to play a simple safe.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The cut on the strip is a legitimate shot, but I think he'd end up back where he is. That wouldn't be all bad. I think he'll probably bank the 6 ball with draw and try to line up the balls by his hole.:D
Rod.
I think that is Grady's shot. If Grady can swing the cue ball two rails back up behind those balls along the rail -- without scratching -- he might have Parica in a little trouble. Picture if this same situation was Parica shooting instead of Grady right now, for example.

The thing I don't like about the bank on the 6 ball is that you have nowhere to hide the cue ball and I don't think it even will be sitting against the rail (if he plays the 6 to make it). Which means Parica will likely be able to pick off and knock away balls from Grady's pocket next.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I know the qb is in a though spot but I would look at banking the 6. Cant be any harder than thinning the stripe ball from there.

bstroud

Verified Member
Grady should bank the 6? ball across the table to block the cross bank and FREEZE the cue ball on the side rail very near the pocket.

Bill Stroud

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think that is Grady's shot. If Grady can swing the cue ball two rails back up behind those balls along the rail -- without scratching -- he might have Parica in a little trouble. Picture if this same situation was Parica shooting instead of Grady right now, for example.

The thing I don't like about the bank on the 6 ball is that you have nowhere to hide the cue ball and I don't think it even will be sitting against the rail (if he plays the 6 to make it). Which means Parica will likely be able to pick off and knock away balls from Grady's pocket next.

Forget making the 6 bank angle, just put it over there maybe near his side pocket. Key is getting the cb on the rail.... i really wouldn't even be worried about the 6 on this shot, just make sure it dont go somewhere really bad.

timdog24

Verified Member
Nothing wrong with banking the 6. But, being down 6-3, the only way Grady doesn't shoot the stripe is if he can't bridge properly. You make it, you're out. Miss it on the thin side and your cue ball is back up table on the left side where Parica might not like it.

senor

Verified Member
Like Rod and Stroud said the best results from moving the 6 would be to line up the 6 10 and 5 with the cue ball froze to the rail like Stroud does. Personally I like cutting the 10. Can't sell out from there unless you butcher it and scratch off the 10 or two rails in corner. Messing around with the 6 could sell out a thin cut on the 6 where parica could play Z shape with whitey and get on the balls on Grady's side.

bstroud

Verified Member
Shooting at the stripe is only good if you DON'T make it. If you do you will end up on the end rail with a difficult or no shot.

If you bank the 6 you improve your position a lot and Parica will need to make a terrific shot to get out of the trap. If he doesn't the cue ball will probably end up closer to your pocket so you have a better chance to get out.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok guys
the purpose of this thread was to see what you would do
BUT
also to discuss the move grady pulled and if any of you have ever done it or knew it:eek:
grady cut the stripe and left whitey back in the neighborhood it came from
gp5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
BUT
before shooting the shot he asked for the tournament director(or referree)
l:confused::confused:
the commentators knew what was up
i couldnt tell if it was bill staton or bill maddux
who called before you knew what was happenning
that grady was asking for a towel to help him bridge over the pocket rubber:eek:
gp3.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
has any one seen or done that???
it had to be legal since it was done in a tournament
would you let your opponent do it gambling???
heres how he left jose
gp4.jpg