Bank Tournament June 6th in Folay, AL

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Having a short rack bank tourney at the Billiards Club Bar, 1157 S. McKenzie St, Foley, AL on June 6th. Calcutta and rules at noon play starts at 1 pm. This limited to the first 16 PAID entries. Will be played on two 9' Diamonds. Tournament will be played using Derby City rules. Entry is $50 with one $20 buy-back if desired. Races to 3, lag for starting break, winner decides subsequent breaks. There is $1000 added, sponsored by Rick's Gun and Pawn. Pay outs are: 1st $1000 - 2nd $500 - 3rd $200 - 4th $100. Calcutta pays 2 places with a 60/40 split. For info contact Rick Lowell, 251-943-5834 or 215-979-6273. Bay Inn and Suites, 251-955-1616 is in short walking distance. I am going to try and get them to offer a discount to players. As a refresher here are the Derby rules:

9-Ball Bank Rules

Format: Race to 3; single elimination; one buy-back option.

Lag for First Break: Winner of the lag decides who breaks first.

Breaking subsequent games: Winner of previous game decides who breaks the next game.

Legal Break: A legal break requires you to strike the head ball first and drive at least one object ball past the side pockets. If your break is illegal, the opponent may either accept the table in position or require you to break again.

Calling a Bank: You must call the intended pocket and exact number of cushions before shooting.

Illegally Pocketed Balls: A ball is illegally pocketed if it: goes into other than the called pocket; contacts other than the exact number of cushions called; caroms off any other object ball before being pocketed; is pocketed by a combination; contacts the cue ball more than once on the same shot. All illegally pocketed balls are spotted.

Kick Shots: Kick shots are not allowed.

Scratch or Foul: Any scratch or foul results in loss of a ball. If you have no balls to spot, you “owe” a ball. You must spot what you owe at the end of your inning in which you have balls available to spot.

The incoming player has cue ball in hand behind the head string after a scratch or cue ball jumped off the table.
All Balls are Behind the Head String with Cue Ball in Hand: Should this occur, the ball closest to the head string is spotted. If 2 or more balls are the same distance from the head string, the shooter will designate which ball to spot.
Winning the Game: The first player who legally pockets five (5) balls wins the game.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds like a great event, ole buddy. I'm sure that Col. Bille will be one of your first sign-ups!:cool:

Lemme know if it doesn't fill. I'll come over and play.

~Doc

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
pelican

pelican

I am really looking forward to this weekend...make sure the bar has plenty of Jack and cokes for after I take it down...lol

I want myself in the Calcutta, I should at least be worth a sawbuck...

B

GypsieChris

First post! first bank pool tournament tomorrow too pretty excited. Love this forum thanks for having me here all good luck to anyone playing in trny tomorrow!
Usually don't play pool tournaments but because I play bad but it doesn't feel as bad when you miss a bank shot so this'll be interesting

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
First post! first bank pool tournament tomorrow too pretty excited. Love this forum thanks for having me here all good luck to anyone playing in trny tomorrow!
Usually don't play pool tournaments but because I play bad but it doesn't feel as bad when you miss a bank shot so this'll be interesting

Welcome aboard!
Have fun bumping them. :)
Rod.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
1st Billiard Club/Rick's Gun and Pawn Bank Tournament

1st Billiard Club/Rick's Gun and Pawn Bank Tournament

First I want to give a big thank you to all the players that participated and made this inaugural tournament a success. We had a full 16 player field and it went of very smooth. After discussion at the players meeting a change was made in the format. Instead of playing the whole thing on two 9'ers we decided to play on 8 bar boxes until we got down to 5 or less players. Some calculation shows that playing on the two 9's would probably run into Monday :eek:.

A load of KUDOS goes to our own Col. Bille Miller. He played some super bank pool and finshed in the 3-4 position. His secret might have been the Jack Daniels he had for breakfast, or maybe the Jack Daniels he had for lunch, or the Jack Daniels he had for supper, or it could have been the Jack Daniels he had for in-between meal snacks :p. Once when he was getting down I gave him a good lip lock and he perked right up - and we ain't even gay :eek: :D. Anyway he gave a stellar performance.

When it came down to the finals the players, Jamie Baraks and David Strawn Jr, decided to just do a split because of the time factor and the consideration that David had a long drive home. David would have had to double dip Jamie.

Payout were:
Jamie Baraks $750
David Strawn Jr 750
Bille Miller 150
Frank Sullivan 150

Eleven of the sixteen players used their buyback.

Calcutta was $510 with the buyers and players agreeing to a split of $290 (Jamie) and $220 (David).

Want to give a Thank You to my buddy John Brumback for send me two of his DVDs to use as door prizes. I drew two names from the 16 players and gave them each one. Really appreciate it my friend.

Had a really great time and am looking forward to doing it again in a few months.

Later friends, Pel

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Pel's bank tournament

Pel's bank tournament

This was the most fun you could have playing in a bank pool tournament... I had an absolute blast...

I should have played better in the final 4 but got really mad at myself after scoring 4 balls with the opponent at 0, and dogging it badly and lost the game...never came back from it, even with pel's good luck kiss...LOL

This was the first tournament I have played in since I retired. I am very happy with my finish, and need to work on the mental part of the game...In other words don't get mad at myself... I went straight to the final four with no loss's, so if you don't think that Brumbacks systems work, you might need to rethink it...

All in all a good weekend, booked one loss to Brimcat, an older gentleman from Mobile, I played him even and came out 80 loser...where once again I got angry with myself and dogged it...

I did get to play gypsychris a couple of times, Pelican's son. I got lucky and won both sets.

Spent the weekend, took my oldest son with me, and came out 60 dollars down from my original bankroll with everything paid... I consider that a drunken extravaganza for free...

B

I still need at least 10 to 6 from the Ghost though...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Congrats Bille!! Very well done!!!
Mitch (needs 8-7)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Hopefully I will play better next time...

B

PS Mitch I don't think you will like giving up 8 7.

Giving up!!! My heart!!!! Lol. You are a great opponent and a gentleman, Bille. Looking forward to hanging again!