Preacher Ronn in a Trap ~ Freezer Needs 1 Ball (VIDEO)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Here is the shot many people talked about from the 30 hours session between Scott and Ronn. Its a great out. I will have a compilation of many of Scott's outs that are from 8-12 balls sometime soon. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63itJ9RCnks[/ame]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
That was for sure, an 'all-time' two ball out...and I like the way Ronn just 'poker-faced' it, like it was no big deal, lol.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i'd like to know the truth:eek: what was he trying to accomplish on the next shot????? surely not making into his pocket

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
i'd like to know the truth:eek: what was he trying to accomplish on the next shot????? surely not making into his pocket

In a spot like that lll, you just do the best you can, and try and dig the ball out...You must realize it was a one in a thousand shot, to make it in his pocket, in fact it looks like he may have gotten a very slight double kiss, but it worked...I'm quite sure he wasn't playing position on the 3 railer...:rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
In a spot like that lll, you just do the best you can, and try and dig the ball out...You must realize it was a one in a thousand shot, to make it in his ponket. I'm quite sure he wasn't playing position on the 3 railer...:rolleyes:
he sure played a poker face. i guesss thats experience

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I agree that it was one in a thousand to kiss that ball in the hole like he did. What impressed me the most was the way he fired in the 3 railer right after.

Ronn has allot of firepower to get spotted 11-4.

Dudley

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It was a great result!! But I'm sure he was just trying to dig the 11 ball out of there. I think he picked the right shot, and at that speed he had a good chance of knocking the 11 out.

Turns out that the shot was better than Efren's zig-zag 9 ball shot against Earl!

After he made that ball, the 3-railer was a hanger for Ronn...:D

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I like how Scott was begging he didn't scratch, which it certainly looked like he was going to, so HE got lucky, then PreacherMan gets up there to fire at Scott's duck and craps it in his pocket, so HE got lucky.

Then PreacherMan strolls around the table like he was a 3-1 favorite for that outcome.:D

And then on the 3 railer, he jumps up so high on the shot, appeared he was reaching for the heavens, then strolls around to move the coin to 0, like it all was meant to be.

Too bad we couldn't have seen a shot of Scott reacting after he made that kick.:eek:

Skin

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Here is the shot many people talked about from the 30 hours session between Scott and Ronn. Its a great out. I will have a compilation of many of Scott's outs that are from 8-12 balls sometime soon. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63itJ9RCnks

I'm going to use this video as a way to wade into the playing "mistake free" controversy because I am not sure exactly what is meant by "mistake free".

Frost obviously lost the game, but did he make a "mistake" in the clip? If he did, what was it? If he didn't, then clearly even without making a mistake you can lose. Maybe "mistake free" simply means making the best decision available and executing it. If that's it, how is it different than playing percentages?

Maybe Artie or Fred would comment (or somebody else). I'd be interested to in their thoughts, just to help clear up the concept for me.

Skin < is not knocking anybody here!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:
I'm going to use this video as a way to wade into the playing "mistake free" controversy because I am not sure exactly what is meant by "mistake free".

Frost obviously lost the game, but did he make a "mistake" in the clip? If he did, what was it? If he didn't, then clearly even without making a mistake you can lose. Maybe "mistake free" simply means making the best decision available and executing it. If that's it, how is it different than playing percentages?

Maybe Artie or Fred would comment (or somebody else). I'd be interested to in their thoughts, just to help clear up the concept for me.

As Alan Greenspan would say "obiviously" Scott shouldn't have left him that shot. It was a mistake. :)
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
CaliRed said:
I like how Scott was begging he didn't scratch, which it certainly looked like he was going to, so HE got lucky, then PreacherMan gets up there to fire at Scott's duck and craps it in his pocket, so HE got lucky.

There's no such thing as luck. All of the balls went where the players shot them. The players were 100% responsible for the ball's final position, good or bad.

Cowboy Dennis said:
There's no such thing as luck. All of the balls went where the players shot them. The players were 100% responsible for the ball's final position, good or bad.

Dennis, love and respect you big time, but there is ALWAYS such a thing as luck.

Skin

Verified Member
androd said:
As Alan Greenspan would say "obiviously" Scott shouldn't have left him that shot. It was a mistake. :)
Rod.

Rod, I think it's possible to play without making a mistake on a very good day. You're likely to win that way. But damned if the other guy's "mistakes" can't kill you anyway. It's a helluva a thing.

Skin

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Cant win em all

Cant win em all

Skin said:

Of course Scott didnt make a mistake when Ronn made that miracle out. Of course you can lose GAMES no matter how perfectly you play. The point is winning whole sessions or extended tourn matches. Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers played pretty much mistake-free football, and they still lost some games, but they did win the Super Bowl. Master Player, Frank Sailor Stellman would describe mistake-free one pocket as a METHOD of playing. Sailor recently commented that few players today play Nine Ball or Straight Pool with a METHOD. They just do everything one shot at a time, reacting rather than controlling.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Clare said:
Dennis, love and respect you big time, but there is ALWAYS such a thing as luck.

Dearest Clare,

Please name me one situation on a pooltable that you think involved luck, good or bad. Unless a player hangs out in dank, smelly,"poisoned air" poolrooms where rats scurry on pipes above the tables and occasionally a clumsy one falls onto the table the balls will go and stay where the player shoots them. No luck in that.

Any and all players that I know who believe in luck do not take responsibility for their own actions, on a pooltable or in life. They are always blaming something else, like luck.

While I'm at it I'll also mention that I do not believe in "good" or "bad" rolls. I'll take credit for the good things that happen when I shoot and blame for the bad things. That's why I bet my money on me and almost never on someone else.

Cowboy "unlucky in love" Dennis:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dearest Clare,

Please name me one situation on a pooltable that you think involved luck, good or bad.

You just saw one Doorknob, (Ronn's shot) ... Sheeesh, are you blind too ?...No wonder Quad is robbing you now....:p :p :p

Cowboy Dennis said:
Dearest Clare,

Please name me one situation on a pooltable that you think involved luck, good or bad. Unless a player hangs out in dank, smelly,"poisoned air" poolrooms where rats scurry on pipes above the tables and occasionally a clumsy one falls onto the table the balls will go and stay where the player shoots them. No luck in that.

Any and all players that I know who believe in luck do not take responsibility for their own actions, on a pooltable or in life. They are always blaming something else, like luck.

While I'm at it I'll also mention that I do not believe in "good" or "bad" rolls. I'll take credit for the good things that happen when I shoot and blame for the bad things. That's why I bet my money on me and almost never on someone else.

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis, I did not say (or even imply) that luck was the ONLY factor. I just meant it is a factor-----always. THere are other factors, too, of course. Recognizing luck does does make one irresponsible for their own actions. But I'll say it again: Luck is always a factor.

Clare< hopes your luck in love changes.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Clare said:
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis, I did not say (or even imply) that luck was the ONLY factor. I just meant it is a factor-----always. THere are other factors, too, of course. Recognizing luck does does make one irresponsible for their own actions. But I'll say it again: Luck is always a factor.

Clare< hopes your luck in love changes.

Clarebaby,

His "luck in love" is not likely to change. While in Deroit, I tried to fix him up with my sweet, well to do, recently widowed niece.

His opening line was..."Are you a Republican, or a Democrat" ? ....I rest my case !!!.:D

SJDinPHX said:
Clarebaby,

His "luck in love" is not likely to change. While in Deroit, I tried to fix him up with my sweet, well to do, recently widowed niece.

His opening line was..."Are you a Republican, or a Democrat" ? ....I rest my case !!!.:D

LOL. OMG, Dennis. I thought my Dennis was way smoother than that.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Clarebaby,

I suppose it could have been worse.....at least it wasn't ... "Are you a Elephant, or a Donkey"?