Official Welcome Shannon Daulton thread

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Corpse said:
please stop turning every thread into your own personal war while i cant speak for everyone here im sure most of them would be happy

Cowboy Dennis said:
corpse,

That pretty much sums up my feelings on it too.

Dennis

I'll chime in also "there's no fools like old fools"
Rod. <----I should know.

corpse

fred bentivegna said:
...Even tho I have a hunch that you are some kind of a shill -- for I dont know who -- based on your one and only post, I am in total agreement with your complaint. Unfortunately, I cant help myself, and I am now set on full go. I wish I could just ignore him, but with my personality that is impossible. I tried many peace agreements with my opponent, but he's like the North Koreans, his word and agreements are just pure doodoo, so I am going to do to him what we should have done with them and that is to go on the attack and nuke him figuratively.

Beard

On the plus side, if you are real and have any pertinent 1pkt queries I would be glad to answer any of your PM's. I am only a jagoff when it comes to Him.
fred I can assure you I am not a shill I even have a copy of your first book that you signed for me at the derby and I appreciate your offer it just seemed to me as a new member here that every thread I read turned out that way. Again I dont have a dog in the fight hope you guys find a way to settle your dispute and look foward to learning more about the game

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
i went to the members list and there is no SD or S.D.:confused:
i found him:) you will never guess but his posting name is.............................................Shannon Daulton:D
welcome aboard shannon.:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
corpse said:
fred I can assure you I am not a shill I even have a copy of your first book that you signed for me at the derby and I appreciate your offer it just seemed to me as a new member here that every thread I read turned out that way. Again I dont have a dog in the fight hope you guys find a way to settle your dispute and look foward to learning more about the game

corpse....as a fellow dead guy, naturally I feel a bond with you, so let me help you out here...if you want to avoid all the flaming/fighting on here, and really learn One Pocket...just go into the archives and read all of my posts, re. shot choices/strategies...:)

- Ghost

PS, Seeing as how we're in the same 'condition'...do you make jokes like I do, about 'dead shots' and waiting for a 'live one' to walk in the door of the poolroom, etc...:D

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I've never seen anything like this in my whole life. I EDITED my reply to Rodan to remove abrasiveness, because I didnt want to be abrasive publically but HERE (edited) GOES.

I have never been so EMBARASSED to be part of something in my life. IN trying to stand as ONE as a FORUM TOGETHER we try to welcome Shannon here and this is where we end up?

First, and foremost, Rodan, Your reply needed to not have the tone it did, IF YOU ARE MAD AT SHANNON FOR BUSTING TEXAS AND EVERY OTHER STATE then you need to go cry elsewhere. Do not cry upon the WELCOME of him to this site, as if your(EDITED because Im a grown man who has discernment)

Secondly, I dont know what the G D GERITOL has in it but it just seems that I have finally been exhausted of any humor I found in the needling of the Old timers here. I thought at one time ....EDITED.

DONT PUT THAT F***IN SHIv ON THE DOORSTEP OF A FRIENDLY WELCOME.
Have some F'N MANNERS.
It took efforts of several members and one administrator to reverse the negativity of Rodan, and as a forum it is OUR responsibility to stand TOGETHER and make the rest of it a welcome site for all..

Do you think you own the ****ing site and you can say, well, welcome Shannon, but **** off cuz Im feelin like arguing.
Atta-****in Boy fellas. WHat a (G.editeD) way to welcome someone here.

How about you go Buy your own server and get people to contribute to keep a site alive and then put effort into it to keep it going and then be forced to sit back and watch something as humiliating as this. By the way, thanks for making this chance to welcome someone...So undesirably obtrusive and unwelcome. I thank the lot of you.

WHERE did you EVER learn such DISRESPECT for others?

Being a high end pool player does NOT give you the right to act like this. Everyone has their game and it must be respected. You know what my game is? Lets Cut Heads on a guitar For AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE. I dont mistreat the WELCOME of a RESPECTED PROFESSIONAL over it. And I don't care if you played one for 50 years. I'll go at you. But you know what? In the end it is nothing. Because behind it all stands humanity and everything we are responsible to our own for....charity, support, brotherhood. Words whose meanings seem to not even be known here by some. But words whose meanings sum to greater than all any GAME or SPORT could ever confine.

I am not judging, I am just SICKENED.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shannon is a big boy, and has been around pool halls and pool players his whole life, somehow I think he'll be alright. I think we are all learning, that along with greatness always comes with a little jostling. I don't even think what Rodan posted is anything that needs to be interpreted as disrespect -- just a different kind of respect for an old road warrior who is still young :D

But Shannon, if you ever need some protection, I get the feeling newfosgate will be happy to step up to the job :)

corpse

One Pocket Ghost said:
corpse....as a fellow dead guy, naturally I feel a bond with you, so let me help you out here...if you want to avoid all the flaming/fighting on here, and really learn One Pocket...just go into the archives and read all of my posts, re. shot choices/strategies...:)

- Ghost

PS, Seeing as how we're in the same 'condition'...do you make jokes like I do, about 'dead shots' and waiting for a 'live one' to walk in the door of the poolroom, etc...:D

Lol yes although I earned my name for playing real bad so most of my jokes are the other way as in the only people i beat are the dead ones and thanks for the tips i will look them up

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
In no way was I protecting a grown man. I was merely speaking as one, and stating that I have never seen anyone dishonor a sincere welcome to ANYONE much less to a respectable person, with talents such as Shannon. I guard my body, noone elses, unless I meet the girl in Dennis' Avatar.

NH Steve said:
Shannon is a big boy, and has been around pool halls and pool players his whole life, somehow I think he'll be alright. I think we are all learning, that along with greatness always comes with a little jostling. I don't even think what Rodan posted is anything that needs to be interpreted as disrespect -- just a different kind of respect for an old road warrior who is still young :D

But Shannon, if you ever need some protection, I get the feeling newfosgate will be happy to step up to the job :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
newfosgatesucks said:
I guard my body, noone elses, unless I meet the girl in Dennis' Avatar.

NFGS,

She is "deader" than Corpse and the Ghost combined...(Dennis is a little strange,...live girls like Jennifer Aniston, don't do anything for him).:rolleyes:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
That gives a whole new meaning to Dead Stroke. Protection optional...

SJDinPHX said:
NFGS,

She is "deader" than Corpse and the Ghost combined...(Dennis is a little strange,...live girls like Jennifer Aniston, don't do anything for him).:rolleyes:

cuesmith

Verified Member
I've known Shannon since he was a kid also. I remember that phase but he was always respectful and and spoke nicely to Gary and I. I don't think he was trying to shark anyone with his confidence and bravado. He was just trying to fit in, in a world of sharks and hustlers. I've always liked Shannon and welcome him here and anywhere I am!

Sherm

Last edited:

Shannon Daulton

Verified Member
From
Greenville, SC
Hello All! I want to thank you all for the warm welcome to the forums. I am excited to share my input and opinions of the game. I have never been a member of any other forum so please bear with me as I learn the ropes. My time is limited but I will check in as often as I can. Feel free to ask me any questions, I hope to make some new friends as well as re-connect with some old.
I do want to comment on Rodan's post. I will be honest with you all. There is no doubt that when I was younger, I had a bit of a cocky attitude. I probably came across as an arrogant kid to most of the adults I came in contact with. I am not disputing that. I was a kid trying to make it in an adults world. I chose to play pool and would not change the expierences for anything. Gambling at a young age definitely made me the player I am today. I can only thank my dad for giving me the opportunity to get out and play the best players in the world. As far as he and I arguing, hell yea we did! But that was his way to get a hard-headed kid to listen. And sometimes, I still didn't want too. In no way, was that meant to be a "sharking" technique to my opponent. Just a father and a son with differing opinions. So, let's just leave it at that. No hard feelings and no one hurt.

Again, thanks everyone for the welcome!

Happy Holidays to you all,

Shannon

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Shannon.....I posted this in another thread, but I don't know if you saw it, so I'm posting it again here, cuz I'm wondering if you might remember our match, and our funny little interaction in the last game >>>

One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Shannon - welcome to the site - glad to have you...lemme tell the guys a little story about something funny you said to me during the long grueling match that we had about 4-5 years ago at the DCC - you might not remember...but maybe you do...

I drew Shannon in about the 5th round of the DCC One Pocket tournament about 4-5 years ago, and luckily I was hitting them good and wound up hill-hill/3 games to 3 with Shannon....then in the final game, after we traded moves for awhile I got ahead 3-0....well, a few innings later playing a snooker/safety, I lost the cueball a little bit and let it just barely squeak thru a couple of balls - it left Shannon a straight back bank, and he made it, and ran 4 more balls, going ahead 5-3....well the rest of the game took about 45 minutes to an hour....and during that time, knowing that Shannon is an aggressive player and likes to shoot at his hole, I purposely left him a couple of risky but tempting shots that I wanted him to shoot...well, he looked at and considered shooting them, but he didn't and played safe instead...well, after the third time I did that...

He passed up the shot again and played a safety....and then to let me know that he knew what I was doing :heh he looked at the clock on the wall, then turned to me and smiled and said in his southern drawl --- "I ain't got nowhere I gotta be."

He won the game a while later 8-5.

Shannon, I always remembered that - it was a funny line :D and I enjoyed our match (even though I lost).

- Ghost

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shannon, I believe you lost your father a few years ago -- even though you are still a young man, but it sure sounds like he played a big role in your early pool career. You might have lost him even before you started the southern tour -- he'd be proud of you!

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Mr. Daulton

Mr. Daulton

NH Steve said:
Shannon, I believe you lost your father a few years ago -- even though you are still a young man, but it sure sounds like he played a big role in your early pool career. You might have lost him even before you started the southern tour -- he'd be proud of you!

Here's a link to some posts regarding Gerald Daulton.......
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1681

JAM

Verified Member
Ktown said:
I won't even try to argue that he was not what you call a pistol......he may have been more of a shotgun.:)...

I thought he was a cannon. You know, Shannon the Cannon. :D

JAM

Verified Member
Shannon Daulton said:
Hello All! I want to thank you all for the warm welcome to the forums. I am excited to share my input and opinions of the game. I have never been a member of any other forum so please bear with me as I learn the ropes. My time is limited but I will check in as often as I can. Feel free to ask me any questions, I hope to make some new friends as well as re-connect with some old.
I do want to comment on Rodan's post. I will be honest with you all. There is no doubt that when I was younger, I had a bit of a cocky attitude. I probably came across as an arrogant kid to most of the adults I came in contact with. I am not disputing that. I was a kid trying to make it in an adults world. I chose to play pool and would not change the expierences for anything. Gambling at a young age definitely made me the player I am today. I can only thank my dad for giving me the opportunity to get out and play the best players in the world. As far as he and I arguing, hell yea we did! But that was his way to get a hard-headed kid to listen. And sometimes, I still didn't want too. In no way, was that meant to be a "sharking" technique to my opponent. Just a father and a son with differing opinions. So, let's just leave it at that. No hard feelings and no one hurt.

Again, thanks everyone for the welcome!

Happy Holidays to you all,

Shannon

We love you, Shannon. :)

Shannon, you must, must, must see the TV show "Justified," Shanon. I told Marge about it in a chat not so long ago. The star, Timony Olyphant, plays Raylan Givens in the show. The TV show takes place in Harlan County, Kentucky.

The second season will begin this coming February. Don't miss it. I don't know why, but this guy reminds me so much of you. Here is the official website: Justifed TV Show Website.

I think he reminds me of you because of that time I listened to you and Liljon at the Super Billiards Expo singing in the InsidePOOL party room. Oh, man, that was so funny.

Here's the theme song. I can hear you and Liljon singing a song like this right now: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bApqT2dC5Ww&NR=1"]Justified Theme Song[/ame].

Here is a Justified Promo: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgD0YffAFCE&NR=1"]Justified Promo[/ame].

Do you think I like this show? :D

Hope you and Marge are doing well! :p

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
JAM said:

Shannon, you must, must, must see the TV show "Justified," Shanon. I told Marge about it in a chat not so long ago. The star, Timony Olyphant, plays Raylan Givens in the show. The TV show takes place in Harlan County, Kentucky.

Congrats Shannon..... it was either you or Jam's excitement over this TV show, but I finally caught her making a spelling mistake! I've been watching her posts out of the corner of my eyes, for years, to see if she would slip up.

Welcome to the forums. They can be a lot of fun, shooting the BS with a bunch of people.. people you wouldn't ordinarily meet. Forums are for opinions, around here everyone has one..... So jump right in and give us yours !!!

CaliRed

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Justified

Justified

JAM said:

The second season will begin this coming February. Don't miss it. I don't know why, but this guy reminds me so much of you. Here is the official website: Justifed TV Show Website.

I think he reminds me of you because of that time I listened to you and Liljon at the Super Billiards Expo singing in the InsidePOOL party room. Oh, man, that was so funny.

Here's the theme song. I can hear you and Liljon singing a song like this right now: Justified Theme Song.

Here is a Justified Promo: Justified Promo.

Do you think I like this show? :D

Hope you and Marge are doing well! :p

Well Jammy we do agree about sumptin'. I love "Justified." I just love it.
In my opinion, Timothy Olyphant is the next Clint Eastwood.

Next, was Shannon a cocky little rascal when he was a teenager? Yes, he was. So what? He wasnt any cockier then your own Keither, or even Cole Dickson. How the hell you supposed to be a champion if you aint cocky? Incidentally, I loved all three of them little devils, and loved playing with them. Things only got bad if they beat you, because I was very abusive if I was winning, but if they managed to turn the tables, they always paid me back in spades. Big fun and big challenges. I was probably my own worst enemy, because I would really motivate them to beat me by my taunting and teasing banter.

Beard

CaliRed, Jam also misspelled Timothy Olyphant's name

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I'd love for Shannon to give us a little more info about his first Legends tourney win.

Any kind of info would be cool, but its been killing me for years to hear the end of the match and not be able to make out what Mizerak and SD are saying to each other.