Miami At The D.C.C.? Probably Not

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Once again I have extended an invitation to Isaac "Miami" Gonzalez to come here on my dime & let me enter him in the D.C.C.. His friend in Puerto Rico, Ray Yordan, has informed me that he spoke with Miami and has found that he hasn't been playing at all because the room where he played, El Criollo, has closed it's doors. It's the old "me no play in a month" dodge but there's nothing I can do about it.

I figured the odds were about 365 to 1 that he wouldn't want to come since that was also his answer last year. Of course, the probabilities experts might figure that a little better than I:) .

I may call him tomorrow and see how he's doing & I will relate his health and welfare to all.

P.S. I joined Rays fine pool website and I even have the same avatar:D . I figured that they could use a little Marilyn:cool: . http://www.yordany.webs.com/ is the address.

Dennis

beatle

Verified Member
he is always a fun guy to have in the room.

i will never forget about when he was losing to a road player in his room and quit but told the guy he would play one handed if he got the eight.

how could anyone turn that down. miami broke him. as he just felt playing one handed was better than two for him.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I heard recently that the other great one-handed Puerto Rico player, Aguzate, is still living down there, but in poor health.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
I heard recently that the other great one-handed Puerto Rico player, Aguzate, is still living down there, but in poor health.
Steve,

I'm making inquiry re; Aguzate now, I'll let you know what I hear.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
It appears as though Puerto Rico, does not face the same language restrictions as Arizona...(notably "for english, press one") ..."NO HABLE ESPANOL"...:( :( :(
If you knew how to use a computer for anything more than a headrest you would "translate" to english at all times automatically. Then you'd find out that this man had a leg amputated and has other problems.

What the hell is "hable"?

RBL

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
What the hell is "hable"?

RBL

The past tense of "hablo". Comes in handy knowing this stuff when you live in a Rio Grande (ahem...Big River) border state. ;)

Skin