Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C. #2

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
If I could play like Alex, I'd probably bank the one and send the cue ball three rails to just below the middle of the table. From there, nothing goes for Gabe but Alex can continue his run if the one goes. If I can only shoot as good as me, I would probably go off the left side of the one and hit the side rail at about the first diamond and try to sew whitie on the 3.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
To anybody thinking about going off the 1 ball here: the 1 is above the cueball, you will not hit this shot and roll the cueball behind the 5 & 10 balls. You are also jacked up over the 6, negating the use of draw which wasn't mentioned anyway.

Here's about the best you could do on that shot. You'd sell out a bank on the 4 ball.

Possible Shot.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm shooting it like this to hit the rail first then the stripe next to the rail to hold the cue ball there to protect any ball that might get near my hole.shot1.JPG

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Frank Almanza said:
I'm shooting it like this to hit the rail first then the stripe next to the rail to hold the cue ball there to protect any ball that might get near my hole.View attachment 3464

That would be my shot sorta, but I'm playn cb only here and try to put it close to the nine. I'm not gonna jack-up on this shot.

I wouldn't try to go behind the balls in front of Gabes hole as you risk hitting them and loosening them up.

bstroud

Verified Member
The shot in post6 is the shot. Use a little high left and bank the one. The important part of the shot is to hit the rail with the cue ball and then kill it by hitting the ball near the rail. You are not trying to make the 1 ball you are trying to position the cue ball.

Bill Stroud

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm going to make a half-ball hit on the one, planning to get far enough behind the 5-10 to hide the 4. No english required, only correct speed. CD says it won't work, but that's okay. Lots of my shots don't work. ;)

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
vapros said:
I'm going to make a half-ball hit on the one, planning to get far enough behind the 5-10 to hide the 4. No english required, only correct speed. CD says it won't work, but that's okay. Lots of my shots don't work. ;)

Because you are completely jacked up over the 6, I don't think you can get the cueball far enough to hide it behind the 5 and 10. I could be wrong though.

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
I don't think you can bank the one anywhere near your corner without hitting it to hard and lose your advantage. It looks like more straight back to bump the 6 out and c/b into the 9. I would not risk bumping Gabe's corner balls going the other way either. That angle is testy at best. If there was enough 4 I would two rail it and draw whitey back into the stack. I want to move a ball above my pocket so I think its the 6 ball.

Rod

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Rod said:
I don't think you can bank the one anywhere near your corner without hitting it to hard and lose your advantage. It looks like more straight back to bump the 6 out and c/b into the 9. I would not risk bumping Gabe's corner balls going the other way either. That angle is testy at best. If there was enough 4 I would two rail it and draw whitey back into the stack. I want to move a ball above my pocket so I think its the 6 ball.

Rod
I was looking at this too -- it would good for Alex to get a ball above his pocket on this shot and come back behind the stack. I don't like the idea of leaving the cue ball up on Gabe's side rail, because I think if you do, Gabe would open that two ball cub near his own pocket and come off the bottom rail if you leave that route open -- it seems like a natural angle to do that. Then Alex is in trouble.

Alex is awfully close to the ball, but can he just jack up and nudge the 6-ball over to his own side rail, and draw the cue ball back about a half inch, hooked behind the 11? If so, I like that shot.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-07-11_07-00-33.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-07-11_07-00-33.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lll said:
im sending the 5 to my side (not shown with my arrows) and leaving the q froze
View attachment 3462

This is the shot I like. I may have called the 5 the one and the ball frozen to the stripe near the pocket the 3 ball but it is the same shot.

Dennis must not have the Kamui chalk that I have but he's got me thinking. I will get to a table later today and see if this shot is as routine as I think it is or impossible as Dennis thinks it is.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
NH Steve said:
I was looking at this too -- it would good for Alex to get a ball above his pocket on this shot and come back behind the stack. I don't like the idea of leaving the cue ball up on Gabe's side rail, because I think if you do, Gabe would open that two ball cub near his own pocket and come off the bottom rail if you leave that route open -- it seems like a natural angle to do that. Then Alex is in trouble.

Alex is awfully close to the ball, but can he just jack up and nudge the 6-ball over to his own side rail, and draw the cue ball back about a half inch, hooked behind the 11? If so, I like that shot.

OK, you and Rod have me thinking. I think Rod is saying he would bank the one straight back into the 6. That looks pretty good. You could tuck whitie behind the 9 on this shot if you wanted.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Dennis and Rod, as an experiment, I tried to delete one of the double posts and was successful. I clicked on 'edit', erased all my text as well as the quote, clicked on 'save', got an error message, chose 'delete message' on the lower left, clicked on 'delete', and finally clicked on 'delete this message'. I'm sure you could do it with fewer clicks.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
This is the shot I like. I may have called the 5 the one and the ball frozen to the stripe near the pocket the 3 ball but it is the same shot.

Dennis must not have the Kamui chalk that I have but he's got me thinking. I will get to a table later today and see if this shot is as routine as I think it is or impossible as Dennis thinks it is.
let us know petie.
dennis usually has a good eye for these things and he knows what alex shot
just sayin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:

steve i thought about that shot
but i think to get a ball to the rail youd have to hit harder making it tough to stick the cue ball with everything so close
also i think gabe would still have a view view of the 6 and/or the stripe afterwards as options for his reply

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
not sure i could do this but while we are searching for shots
why not come off the 6 and 2 rail back behind the cluster by gabes pocket like this
its easy on the greenshot:rolleyes: :D
op1.jpg