Action in reno

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think 10/5 and the break is the game and I can probably get it if he isn't getting other action. He offered it on his home table at Kolby's and I turned it down. He plays a ball or so better there IMO. Problem is he may want to bet more than me.:D

I may try again on a Gold Crown in my home court. More comfortable for me and while I play on my own $$, I do give friends a piece sometimes just to get something going. He puts unbelievable pressure on you and if you like to get in the box, that is what it's all about.

hey john based on the discussion in this thread
my question to you if scott gave you 13/14-6
how do you like your chances??

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
hey john based on the discussion in this thread
my question to you if scott gave you 13/14-6
how do you like your chances??

Sounds good on paper but for every additional ball you have to make, in the long run he gets another chance or two at the table. Since his balls per average when he gets a shot or starts running balls is so high, it may sound better than it is.

I think I need the break no matter what the spot is to have a chance.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sounds good on paper but for every additional ball you have to make, in the long run he gets another chance or two at the table. Since his balls per average when he gets a shot or starts running balls is so high, it may sound better than it is.

I think I need the break no matter what the spot is to have a chance.

John, trust me on this (and hopefully Scott's doesn't read the posts here, or Lenny won't tell him, lol), but what you want to get from him, along with the break and whatever the spot is - is that you get to pick a ball off of the table and spot it up after you break the balls - this is super strong: it allows you to improve the post-break layout, allows you to negate any 'window' that he might have after the break to reverse the break on you, and you don't have to ever worry about the corner ball leaking out towards his pocket - so you can break a little harder if you want, or try and make the corner ball on the break...Freddy will attest to the strength of this spot....and I think Scott would give it to you, because it's not a spot he is very familiar with and he may not realize the strength of it...it's worth lowering your ball spot a little to get this spot.

- Ghost

onepockethacker

Verified Member
John, trust me on this (and hopefully Scott's not reading this, or Lenny won't tell him, lol), but what you want to get from him, along with the break and whatever the spot is - is that you get to pick a ball off of the table and spot it up after you break the balls - this is super strong: it allows you to improve the post-break layout, allows you to negate any 'window' that he might have after the break to reverse the break on you, and you don't have to ever worry about the corner ball leaking out towards his pocket - so you can break a little harder if you want, or try and make the corner ball on the break...Freddy will attest to the strength of this spot....and I think Scott would give it to you, because it's not a spot he is very familiar with and he may not realize the strength of it...it's worth lowering your ball spot a little to get this spot.

- Ghost

Captain obvious strikes again.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Hey clown, it's 10:00 Sat. nite in Miami - I would think you'd be out riding around on your little scooter in your clown suit, trying to pick up fat chicks...:lol

Please dont tell im picking on you again. I just got out of detention. The Hacker wonders if the rest of the Chicago crew are thin skinned snitches
P.S. lay off the crack pipe it will improve your one pocket game and thinking.
P.S. Just found an action shot of the Ghsot deep in thought( scratching his ass)

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Back home

Back home

Not much action overall, considering all the good players there. The tournament schedule was hectic if you were playing in more than one tournament and there were five, not counting the mini's that were played late at night.

Chris at California Billiard Club wants to send up a 6x12 snooker table for golf and pay ball next year. I think it would be a great idea.

Some of the best small table eight ball I have ever sweated. Sets were lost by players who never missed a ball but broke dry a couple of times. It is still going on.

Nice to see and visit with Cali Red (Greg). They kept him busy but I did get to spend a little time with him.

Great venue for a large pool tournament. Nice rooms at low rates and plenty of good food at the many restaurants they have.

It will get bigger and better. This is quite an improvement over the Sands and they were great. Lots of top players to watch and the womens tournaments also added to your sweating pleasure.

The pay as you play one pocket tournament was fun although most of us did not get the concept until we played in it. I will post more information on it later. It was still going on when I left around 4pm. I think it will be especially beneficial to new one pocket players, giving them a chance to play good to great players (depending on the draw) in a competetive format without spending much money.

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
John, trust me on this (and hopefully Scott's doesn't read the posts here, or Lenny won't tell him, lol), but what you want to get from him, along with the break and whatever the spot is - is that you get to pick a ball off of the table and spot it up after you break the balls - this is super strong: it allows you to improve the post-break layout, allows you to negate any 'window' that he might have after the break to reverse the break on you, and you don't have to ever worry about the corner ball leaking out towards his pocket - so you can break a little harder if you want, or try and make the corner ball on the break...Freddy will attest to the strength of this spot....and I think Scott would give it to you, because it's not a spot he is very familiar with and he may not realize the strength of it...it's worth lowering your ball spot a little to get this spot.

- Ghost

Thats why my name is my name-BIG SPOT-but needed

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I think 10/5 and the break is the game and I can probably get it if he isn't getting other action. He offered it on his home table at Kolby's and I turned it down. He plays a ball or so better there IMO. Problem is he may want to bet more than me.:D

I may try again on a Gold Crown in my home court. More comfortable for me and while I play on my own $$, I do give friends a piece sometimes just to get something going. He puts unbelievable pressure on you and if you like to get in the box, that is what it's all about.

Props to you sir !
Number 1 , for not needing the nuts to get up and play and
Number 2 for giving your opponent respect.