vero beach fl
Interesting alex is warming up
they brought out a new set of balls for him to practice with
hey are not using the balls scott and jeremy played wth

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, I'll tell you, the ambient smoke gets to one's sinuses. After I left, it took me about 10 hours to breathe back normally again. I don't believe that Scott uses any kind of drugs.

They've started play, but I have no report on the action. After that match with JJ, it would be a miracle if Scott pulled off a win from Alex.....twice.:( All you subscribers should have a real good match to view, though.

~Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Well, I'll tell you, the ambient smoke gets to one's sinuses. After I left, it took me about 10 hours to breathe back normally again. I don't believe that Scott uses any kind of drugs.

They've started play, but I have no report on the action. After that match with JJ, it would be a miracle if Scott pulled off a win from Alex.....twice.:( All you subscribers should have a real good match to view, though.

~Doc

The match is fantastic and the commentary is better. I know what you mean about the smoke. When I play in a bar my clothes and hair stink. I can smell my cue case for days.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Alex and scott in the final

Scott must have a runny nose. He goes to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

Almost every time his opponent makes a mistake and leaves Scott an easy shot/run, he takes a bathroom break to let the other guy turn on the spit for a bit.

It's 2-0 Alex btw in games.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Almost every time his opponent makes a mistake and leaves Scott an easy shot/run, he takes a bathroom break to let the other guy turn on the spit for a bit.

It's 2-0 Alex btw in games.

He was doing it last night too. Must be picking up Henny's moves.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
He was doing it last night too. Must be picking up Henny's moves.

He's certainly not above gamesmanship, but I think the actual reason he chooses that time for a short break is to make sure he doesn't react too quickly/impulsively to an opportunity.... besides needing to get rid of all that water he was drinking.

On the subject of gamesmanship -- or was it just temporary confusion? -- Scott failed to call a foul on himself and Alex waited about 15 seconds to give him a chance, then asked him if he'd fouled, and Scott said [something like] "Oh, yeah, my bad." Also, on the subject of lining up the rack properly, I was sitting right down the line of the back row of balls, and Scott was dead wrong about correct angle for the rack, as acknowleged by Alex, Scott Rabon, and everyone who walked up behind me to look and make his own judgment.

In my opinion, Scott might do better if he became less interested in persistently telling the spectators , in loud voice, how unlucky he was getting and how hard his upcoming shot was.

It seems he's far too interested in the perceptions of the spectators to devote his full attention to the task at hand, and that may be why he does so much better gambling with few onlookers present than in tournaments. Maybe there's a subconscious commercial interest in this.

But, there's no denying that he's one of the few choices for "Best one pocket player in the world" so he's obviously doing most things right.