Attn brumback and shannon

Viffer

Verified Member
Tar has opened a new room in vegas with one table in it, i will play john 10 ahead for 10k banks if someone can break for me or you have to call your bank off break,

i will also play shannon D a set for 10-20k 19-5

cliff can come play 16-4 10k or more

gabe and corey

basically andone that wants to play a set for 10k or more and gamblle im looking to kick off the new room.

eferen is also invited for 10k only. 18-4

busty can come play some more 9 ball :)\\

any pinyo can get played also. trying to help get the room kicked off.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
how about some call pocket 8 ball (not last pocket) take what you make on the break. BIH behind the line. this way its not express 8 ball, there is some moving and some run-outs.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Viffer said:
Tar has opened a new room in vegas with one table in it, i will play john 10 ahead for 10k banks if someone can break for me or you have to call your bank off break,

i will also play shannon D a set for 10-20k 19-5

cliff can come play 16-4 10k or more

gabe and corey

basically andone that wants to play a set for 10k or more and gamblle im looking to kick off the new room.

eferen is also invited for 10k only. 18-4

busty can come play some more 9 ball :)\\

any pinyo can get played also. trying to help get the room kicked off.

I'm a little lost. What good is having someone break for you if you have to play John even?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by "calling the bank off the break."

Viffer

Verified Member
if you dont understand then its not meant for you, im sure john knows what i mean..

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Viffer said:
if you dont understand then its not meant for you, im sure john knows what i mean..

I know it's not meant for me, but it was posted publicly so I decided to ask. I've never heard of those kinds of spots in banks.

Not trying to cause trouble.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
ChrisBanks said:
I know it's not meant for me, but it was posted publicly so I decided to ask. I've never heard of those kinds of spots in banks.

Not trying to cause trouble.

Well, let me take a stab at it. he's neutralizing the break to where it isn't going to play a major factor in him winning or losing.

Viffer wants someone to break for him, so he's got a high percentage of a ball going down on the break. Meaning Viffer ain't a rack mechanic and he want's someone that will make a ball on the break. Cuz you know... you get to shoot if you make a ball after the break.:) And if you don't make a ball on the break????? Well.... you have a man like John Brumback stepping up to the table with 9 balls out there to choose from and lets just say.. the man can run out on you, or if not run out, he's going to probably get 3 or 4, or leave you no shot. So starting out of the gate, being either a loser of that game already, or lost most of your spot already, or have no shot to shoot at... ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDN"T MAKE A BALL ON THE BREAK! You can see why Dippy wants someone breaking for him now, right? :D

Now the calling the "bank off the break"... I can't say I've heard that one.... but it's obviously something they've played in the past or agreed upon. To me, it can't be a legal bank, because it's not clean. But they could be waiving that rule, just on the break. Viffer's probably allowing John to call a bank shot with one of the balls on the break. Kind of like when someone might get a call 8 in 9 ball. They have to call their shot, so when they break.. they got nothing to lose by calling the 8 ball somewhere.. there's a chance in hell of it going in.

Same thing here.. John has probably a chance in hell of making some bank off the break. Sounds like when John breaks, it's kind of almost like a regular shot. He has to call a bank, and if he misses... he sits down. 9 times out of 10, he probably sits down:) This further makes the chance of John breaking the balls solid.. pocketing a ball or two off the break, then running out, much less likely to happen.

Which means they both get their money's worth. John has to really work his ass off for the win and must play at a very high level and sustain it, all while having tremendous pressure on him to play great every game, because of the amount of balls he has to make, compared to so few Dippy has to make. Banks can come off tits and sell out in any pocket at any time.

Dippy gets to have fun and try and get those 4 balls or whatever he goes to, while watching the sweat drip off John's face:D

Hope that helped

PS I would love to see some banks at the TAR studio... EXCEPT!!! I want to see John and some other top banker go at it. Nothing personal against you Dippy... I would watch you and John go at it too, and have fun watching it.. but we're talking the breaking in of the studio.. and that just has to be done by 2 top level pros..

I'd be happy seeing you two got at down the road a bit... but the first few contests have to be top players.

You can understand where i'm coming from on that , right dippy?:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
Well, let me take a stab at it. he's neutralizing the break to where it isn't going to play a major factor in him winning or losing.

Viffer wants someone to break for him, so he's got a high percentage of a ball going down on the break. Meaning Viffer ain't a rack mechanic and he want's someone that will make a ball on the break. Cuz you know... you get to shoot if you make a ball after the break.:) And if you don't make a ball on the break????? Well.... you have a man like John Brumback stepping up to the table with 9 balls out there to choose from and lets just say.. the man can run out on you, or if not run out, he's going to probably get 3 or 4, or leave you no shot. So starting out of the gate, being either a loser of that game already, or lost most of your spot already, or have no shot to shoot at... ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDN"T MAKE A BALL ON THE BREAK! You can see why Dippy wants someone breaking for him now, right? :D

Now the calling the "bank off the break"... I can't say I've heard that one.... but it's obviously something they've played in the past or agreed upon. To me, it can't be a legal bank, because it's not clean. But they could be waiving that rule, just on the break. Viffer's probably allowing John to call a bank shot with one of the balls on the break. Kind of like when someone might get a call 8 in 9 ball. They have to call their shot, so when they break.. they got nothing to lose by calling the 8 ball somewhere.. there's a chance in hell of it going in.

Same thing here.. John has probably a chance in hell of making some bank off the break. Sounds like when John breaks, it's kind of almost like a regular shot. He has to call a bank, and if he misses... he sits down. 9 times out of 10, he probably sits down:) This further makes the chance of John breaking the balls solid.. pocketing a ball or two off the break, then running out, much less likely to happen.

Which means they both get their money's worth. John has to really work his ass off for the win and must play at a very high level and sustain it, all while having tremendous pressure on him to play great every game, because of the amount of balls he has to make, compared to so few Dippy has to make. Banks can come off tits and sell out in any pocket at any time.

Dippy gets to have fun and try and get those 4 balls or whatever he goes to, while watching the sweat drip off John's face:D

Hope that helped

PS I would love to see some banks at the TAR studio... EXCEPT!!! I want to see John and some other top banker go at it. Nothing personal against you Dippy... I would watch you and John go at it too, and have fun watching it.. but we're talking the breaking in of the studio.. and that just has to be done by 2 top level pros..

I'd be happy seeing you two got at down the road a bit... but the first few contests have to be top players.

Yeah Red. I don't know either. Don't feel bad Chris. The Illiterati assumes we're Idiots. Meanwhile they sound like fools and like it that way.
Rod.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
CaliRed said:

Hope that helped

I don't see why he would want someone to break for him..... After John wins his first game, Viffer may never get to break again.

I have to think they would play with a ball spot. His post didn't mention a ball spot.

If he plays even, that spot is worth nothing. But I must be wrong because there are people here smarter than me.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
ChrisBanks said:
I don't see why he would want someone to break for him..... After John wins his first game, Viffer may never get to break again.

I have to think they would play with a ball spot. His post didn't mention a ball spot.

If he plays even, that spot is worth nothing. But I must be wrong because there are people here smarter than me.

Oh... they most certainly play with a ball spot... as you might imagine, a rather hefty one at that!

He doesn't mention it, because it's a given, he gets huge spots from everyone. Have you seen him play?:)

What would you need to play a Efren, a Scott or a Alex, at onepocket? People that can run 10 or 15 balls after you give them a glimpse of a shot.

Viffer makes up for his "average" play, with dollars, lots of them. This coupled with huge spots, makes these pros work for their money.:D

Viffer

Verified Member
john to answer youtr question no im not made about the last ass wooping you gave me, im just wondering if your shoulder healed up yet and if so lets play.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
the getting someone to break is because of a stomach/abdominal injury?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
What would you need to play a Efren, a Scott or a Alex, at onepocket? People that can run 10 or 15 balls after you give them a glimpse of a shot.
that would be a good thread calired if people would answer it honestly
i think i could win at 100 to 1:eek: :D