I Wanted To Throw Up After Losing This Game Tonight

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
I mean no disrespect

I mean no disrespect

BUT ....

Why, needing only one ball, would you put all the balls in play?

Are you daft?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
BUT ....

Are you daft?

WELL...

Ask the other three strong "daft" players who also said they would have shot that shot - they may be willing to take the time to explain.

PS, Go back in the thread - Freddy did already explain one reason why.

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
fred bentivegna said:
With any big lead, in this case 7 to 0, the Must Do shot here is kicking 2 rails at that line of balls...

Beard, thank you for the best explanation of that strategy I've ever heard. I'd been told a couple of times that's the way to do it but not with the precise logical explanation of why that you gave. You made it click in my poor brain.

As I am usually the one behind in the score and always playing catch up, I rarely have much experience with needing that strategy;-) And I love kicking to the top rail whenever I have the slightest excuse.

t-dog

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
WELL...

Ask the other three strong "daft" players who also said they would have shot that shot - they may be willing to take the time to explain.

PS, Go back in the thread - Freddy did already explain one reason why.

They have to be broken up before you can start sending them uptable.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
BUT ....

Are you daft?
Dave,

I can tell you one thing for certain that I learned playing Cornbread 6 or no-count 30 years ago, that line of balls is already in play.

Dennis

u12armresl

Verified Member
I don't believe that the combo is stupid. You need one, I think worst case you hang your game ball.

One Pocket Ghost said:
Ah, no - I didn't shoot the combo - I might be crazy..but I'm not stupid...I wouldn't have shot at that combo even if Ross Perot was staking me...:D

- Ghost

PS, I'll show what happened later today.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Pipe Dreams

Pipe Dreams

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs3WGCk3WGbj3WPhMzc4XAMp4Xbio3XBdk3XDQg3XNrhzc2kXox3kCQj3kKCj3kaoP2kIOezc4qLjcPipe_Dream_'A'&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

OR

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs3WGCk3WGbj3WNTkzc2kXox3kEOY3kCbk4kaaTzc4qLjcPipe_Dream_'B'&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Trust me: I used to be a pool player until someone carrot-dangled me with a square job about 1980.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs3WGCk3WGbj3WPhMzc4XAMp4Xbio3XBdk3XDQg3XNrhzc2kXox3kCQj3kKCj3kaoP2kIOezc4qLjcPipe_Dream_'A'&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

OR

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs3WGCk3WGbj3WNTkzc2kXox3kEOY3kCbk4kaaTzc4qLjcPipe_Dream_'B'&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Trust me: I used to be a pool player until someone carrot-dangled me with a square job about 1980.
Dave,

You must have some really good mushrooms:p .

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok, here's what happened, and it was a, "Perfect Storm" for Zaksas...

As Steve L., Freddy and blackeee liked, (and I know Papie also liked, although he didn't say - he's not about to publicly agree with Freddy or me after all , and as Dennis guessed I would have shot - I did of course shoot the 2-railer into the lined up balls...

I mean come on...Freddy gave you some of the logic involved in the choice, and also with this shot resulting in me having all of the remaining 8 balls on my side of the table, not far from my pocket, and him 8feet away - it's checkmate, right?...well it is checkmate, unless that is, the Billiard Gods decide that they want to f*ck with you, and have a little chuckle at your expense.......

I hit the shot correctly, the cueball rebounded to the bottom left corner area, as desired, but...it just so happened that the balls all spread out cleanly, a small window opened between the 1 and 5 balls just enough for him to see the 13, and the 4 and 8balls left an open window/banking lane to his pocket...so he banked the 13 cross-corner, and ran out on me - banking the 12 ball cross-corner for his 8th ball...

Don't you just love it when you don't screw up - you make a good shot - and then you lose the game...:mad:...

But like the old saying goes - "feces happens"...

Here's the wei-visual >>>

- Goast

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4UALX3ULLo4XAMp3XCjF4YALp3YJqf4cAMX3cFbi4dAMH3dHvJ2kXox4kcXO4kPxn4kBjB4kBqr4kBin1kREp1kcgH1kYtd@[/CUETABLE]
ghost if you would have hit it like i drew it up that window would have been closed:D (post#17)
seriously yes it was "unkucky" that the balls went where they were supposed to even if that wasnt where you intended them to go (dennis see what youve done to me to have to qualify what everyone knows is just a "bad roll" or bad luck:rolleyes: }
but he made a great bank from distance and then ran out closing with a bank.
you gotta say to him"great shooting"
then you say to yourself "if he can do that all the time maybe i should find someone else to play:eek: :D "

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Ditto

Ditto

fred bentivegna said:
With any big lead, in this case 7 to 0, the Must Do shot here is kicking 2 rails at that line of balls. I will explain the reason and the principle behind it. When you have a substantial lead in One pocket and also Bank Pool, the principle to be followed is that when you are trying to "clean up," and take balls out of play, you must not allow balls to accumulate on the spot. When there are two or more balls on the spot it is extremely difficult to move those balls out of play. If they remain there, then they are always available for your oppo to make and get back in the game. If the balls are already on the spot, you must try and jostle them open at the very first opportunity. In this case the 2 rail kick is an automatic option. To carry the thought further, if there is only 1 ball on the spot you should consider moving it as soon as possible because it is usually very easy for your oppo to shoot some other ball into a pocket to add to the spot and begin the accumulation process.

Conversely if you are behind, then you want to do all you can to get balls accumulated on the spot.

This is a very strong strategy principle that will allow you to control the tempo of the game.

Beard

I dont know what the Ghost did, but he certainly should have went 2 rails into the lineup
Ditto, anything else would be uncivilized.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
but he made a great bank from distance and then ran out closing with a bank. you gotta say to him "great shooting"then you say to yourself "if he can do that all the time maybe i should find someone else to play:eek:

Larry....John Z. plays banks even with bank champions Jet and Piggybanks :eek: so those bankshots are like hangers for him...

I would estimate that he may have shot around 40 straight back banks in our 5 hours of play - and he probably made about 34 of those 40...:eek:...

And as for telling him nice shooting - aah, no - if I remember correctly I cursed and threw the chalk...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
One Pocket Ghost said:
Larry....John Z. plays banks even with bank champions Jet and Piggybanks :eek: so those bankshots are like hangers for him...

I would estimate that he may have shot around 40 straight back banks in our 5 hours of play - and he probably made about 34 of those 40...:eek:...

And as for telling him nice shooting - aah, no - if I remember correctly I cursed and threw the chalk...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

You should have spit at him, that's what champions do. :eek:

Did you at least throw the chalk...AT...him?

I like you more and more Bruce.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stevelomako said:
You should have spit at him, that's what champions do. :eek:

Did you at least throw the chalk...AT...him? ----- No, I threw it at a couple of the railbirds that were congratulating him...:cool:

I like you more and more Bruce. ----- You're making me nervous :eek:

.....Goast