Reward them while they're living

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
It seems to me like Squirrel and Clem are the two oldest living HOF candidates. With Brooklyn Johnny and Steve Cook dying this past year and showing how fleeting life is, it would probably be nice if the oldest living candidates, provided that they are deserving (and they certainly are in my opinion) have this honor bestowed upon them while they can still enjoy it.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
BackPocket9Ball said:
It seems to me like Squirrel and Clem are the two oldest living HOF candidates. With Brooklyn Johnny and Steve Cook dying this past year and showing how fleeting life is, it would probably be nice if the oldest living candidates, provided that they are deserving (and they certainly are in my opinion) have this honor bestowed upon them while they can still enjoy it.
I'm with you 100% We missed Ervolino last year, I hate the idea of missing this opportunity for these guys. The only thing is, of course you never know who is going to die next! "You can't play God," I believe is the way Grady put it once. Who would have thought that Steve Cook would have died so young???

One other little thing I'd like to mention is that for at least some of the deceased candidates, there are surviving family members that this honor would really mean a lot to, so it isn't like the deceased guys can simply be shelved indefinitely.

I guess that's why we have two groups of candidates -- living and deceased -- they are both deserving.