Us open

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
From what i've seen his game has come up a bunch the last few years as he has learned the game. He played well at Derby this year. That guy grinds every shot no matter what he plays.

Oh yeah. He's a world class pro (I would clock his rotation game at about Top 30) in the world or better...not much separates 20-50). Therefore he can go deep in any discipline.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
From what i've seen his game has come up a bunch the last few years as he has learned the game. He played well at Derby this year. That guy grinds every shot no matter what he plays.

He's a grinder. I'd put him in the top 70 one pocket players. In a tournament, he is a threat. He's got multiple top 20 finishes in the DCC One Pocket division. In gambling, he needs 10-8 from the very best. He might need more than that. Maybe 11-8.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
He's a grinder. I'd put him in the top 70 one pocket players. In a tournament, he is a threat. He's got multiple top 20 finishes in the DCC One Pocket division. In gambling, he needs 10-8 from the very best. He might need more than that. Maybe 11-8.

With the current entries He's a threat to win this tournament for sure.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
US Open player list? Does Mark Griffin read this forum?

US Open player list? Does Mark Griffin read this forum?

Is there a player list? Is this tournament limited to 16 players or no? Is there a stream? Will it be held in Griff's Pool Room? I want to come watch but need details.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I’ll be there Carla, it will be the two of us watching. Warren has no chance to get to the finals. His shot selection is weak and his firepower is questionable. He can dominate the slugs but when it comes to the top pros, he’s in the next class.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Bernie Pettipiece will not go down, without a war.
A little birdie told me he was going to be there.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I just saw the Scotty Townsend lineup. Who’s left for the U.S Open?

Although SVB, Dee, and Warren are playing along with the .org fellas, got to wonder what Mark is thinking with his scheduling and weak added money. I guess he figured the US Open name would draw the top players regardless? I think everybody saw the Scotty as a better deal and the White Diamond auction bidders even saved their money for the Scotty. Although i generally don't buy Rays streams i'll probably break down and purchase this one.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Although SVB, Dee, and Warren are playing along with the .org fellas, got to wonder what Mark is thinking with his scheduling and weak added money. I guess he figured the US Open name would draw the top players regardless? I think everybody saw the Scotty as a better deal and the White Diamond auction bidders even saved their money for the Scotty. Although i generally don't buy Rays streams i'll probably break down and purchase this one.

I rarely buy them mainly because I don't have the time to watch them generally.

If they made it as a downloadable option where I could watch it in my spare time at my own pace, I would buy more of these for sure!