Retraction re Chris' Billiards

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A few days ago I wrote a scathing rebuke of Chris's Billiards in Chicago because no one from Chris's attended Jet Johnson's wake. I hurt the feelings of some good friends of mine. I overreacted and was out of line.
There are plenty of nice people in Chris's and the good ones (and you know who you are), I'm sorry if any of you took it personal.

I am speaking directly to the owners of Chris's who have always treated me deferentially and special, especially my life long pal, Doc Richie Herbert. Along with his partners Eric and Barry, and of course Barry's good guy brother, Ron.

Counter guy Buddy is also exempt from my hasty tirade, along with Race Track Phil of course, and a few others with a little gamble, like Victor.

George Fels hangs out there also, but he never takes what I say seriously anyway.

It turns out that hardly anyone had been notified of Jet's demise anyway, and I didnt know that.

A heartfelt apology to all (all except the cheap nits, and you know who you are), I'm sure all my old real pals will forgive and overlook my tirade.

Sincerely,
the Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Your....

Your....

...entitled at yer age to rant.I just started doing it myself[62] plus Nam=72,so I know how you feel.In the old days we just shined it all on.Getting old is getting old,cheers,B