wwdy by request

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
So with your pocket at X and one ball left. wwyd?

Suppose your opponent's pocket were at X. What then?

woops! Looks like I got dyslexic with the title of the thread but you all know what I meant.

Attachments

• 6.11.1.JPG
    6.11.1.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
So with your pocket at X and one ball left. wwyd?

Suppose your opponent's pocket were at X. What then?

woops! Looks like I got dyslexic with the title of the thread but you all know what I meant.

With my pocket at X, I shoot the kick-cross corner bank to my hole...that's one of the many shots I teach when I give One Pocket lessons...it's not hard to hit well once you get some familiarity with the shot - and the cueball stays right there after contacting the object ball fully, so you rarely leave a return shot.

- Ghost

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
wwdy by request

With my pocket at X, I shoot the kick-cross corner bank to my hole...that's one of the many shots I teach when I give One Pocket lessons...it's not hard to hit well once you get some familiarity with the shot - and the cueball stays right there after contacting the object ball fully, so you rarely leave a return shot.

- Ghost

Kick it either way. :):D

Rod.

P.S. Easier if one railing.

Yes and yes :). It's a great shot that kick bank.

And thanks Tom!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I like the 'Double bank' across corner, to control the CB a little better than the kick option. The 'Reverse' English, (10 O'clock) on the CB will help control it and, if struck firmly will help the OB reverse off the second cushion.

View attachment 11889

Worst case scenario, the OB will end up on the short rail!

The other pocket, if I can miss the side pocket, I like this shot! If not, the kick will do for a minute!

View attachment 11890

Again, the reverse English, (7 O'clock) will help the CB back towards the upper corner pocket. Along with the killing the CB close to the short cushion. This execution requires a, 'Slow exaggerated follow-thru.'

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
i cut the ball in.

and the other way one rail it with a lot of low right and put the cue ball down table.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like the 'Double bank' across corner, to control the CB a little better than the kick option. The 'Reverse' English, (10 O'clock) on the CB will help control it and, if struck firmly will help the OB reverse off the second cushion.

View attachment 11889

Worst case scenario, the OB will end up on the short rail!

The other pocket, if I can miss the side pocket, I like this shot! If not, the kick will do for a minute!

View attachment 11890

Again, the reverse English, (7 O'clock) will help the CB back towards the upper corner pocket. Along with the killing the CB close to the short cushion. This execution requires a, 'Slow exaggerated follow-thru.'

Well the second shot is no doubt an elaborate miscue. :):D:heh:lol:p

I'll have to try the first later, if English still takes on the second rail I doubt it's doable at all. I've shot many of these with 3 o'clock but never inside. It'll be interesting to try.
Rod.
P.S. I woke up thinking about these shots and laughed my self awake.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Worst case scenario, the OB will end up on the short rail! ...
This is the shot I like. I believe I could control the shot better. Nothing wrong with the kick shots, if a guy has a good feel for them. I'd definitely shoot a kick shot if the balls were sitting further up table, especially in the second instance where the target pocket was the opposite one.

~Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
I would 2 rail the one ball back to near where it is and follow the CB 2 rails to the second diamond on my opponents side.

From this position you are sure to get some kind of shot at your hole in the next inning.

Bill S.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
To those of you who liked the kick shot, I agree. This is a simple shot to execute and it has great margin for error. The correct speed is the main issue here but even that has great latitude. Simple to execute, safety built in, forces a defensive shot from your opponent, and a real opportunity to win the game with the one shot. Who could ask for more.

Below I've illustrated the path of this shot but I think you all know the approximate path already. I've also added the result I have regularly achieved. This shot is illustrated in the book. Every shot in the book shows a typical result. Many times I made the shot but rarely did I show it that way. The same is true with this shot. All it takes is a little bit of practice and I believe that those of you who chose otherwise will change your tune and go with this option.

Tom

Attachments

• 6.11.3.JPG
    6.11.3.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 0

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Here was the typical result from having shot it five times. Twice I made it!
Viewed from the reverse angle.
The worst result left the object ball along the foot rail within a diamond of the pocket.

Tom

Attachments

• 6.11.4.JPG
    6.11.4.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 0