Happy Birthday Ronnie

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Unless I am having a senior moment, we missed the birthday of the greatest one pocket player of them all, Ronnie Allen, who turned 70 yesterday. Ronnie will be in Northern CA in a week or so and we will feed some horses and have a beer or two to celebrate both of our BD's.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
Unless I am having a senior moment, we missed the birthday of the greatest one pocket player of them all, Ronnie Allen, who turned 70 yesterday. Ronnie will be in Northern CA in a week or so and we will feed some horses and have a beer or two to celebrate both of our BD's.
All things considered, he WAS the geatest of them all, John!! I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that most of us on this website send him heartfelt birthday wishes. Ronnie Allen almost single-handedly brought one-pocket to a new level with an entirely new stlye. No one has done that before or since.

Doc

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Happy Birthday RA

Happy Birthday RA

Hope you had a great birthday, RA. The most enjoyment I ever had was watching you play one pocket. You are still the Life Of The Party my friend.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Ronnie came to my house about 2 months ago, he called me and was just around the corner. We just sat around talking about pool, past and present, and just general BS. We talked for about 90 minutes, we were just sitting in my pool room in my house.

Just before he left he showed me a shot Efren did once(I dont remember if Efren did it to him or he saw the shot) anyways he set it up and just moved the balls with his hands he didnt try and shoot the shot, he said "I dont know how the hell Efren did it" He continued to say that Efren is the most creative 1P player he ever saw and there might not be another Efren in our life time-I agreed. At the end he left the balls bad and said let me shoot it, he was froze on the foot rail and had to kick in a ball frozen to the long rail on the first diamond next to his pocket. He 2 stroked it and made it, like it was a duck. He looked over to me with a smile and said "What kind of cue is this?". I said it was a Gus Szam(The one awalys let Jay use it when he stays with me), Ronnie said "That figures it feels great" One shot-one ball in the hole, Ronnie left. That shot is tough and he stood upright like Fats and drilled it and left his CB safe too!!. Was it luck or a flash back??????? the world will never know......This is The Twlight Zone......