I'm a chicken...

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I chickened out, I called out Mr.Beard to play some banks, I had played banks 2 times in 2 weeks before the Derby, I just turned yellow and did'nt play. We did speek a number if times, we discussed our medicail aliments and had a few laughs, He said to me a few times "I'm just not up to playing-i need a nap rite now". I had simialr excuses, but If he would have asked me to play,, I wouldnt have, I chickened out. I played 2 racks of full rack banks, the best I did was 3 and out.

So perhaps next year Mr.Beard and I wont have so many medical issues prohibiting our game.:) :)

it was a pleasure to see him and his crew, the HOF dinner was great as well.

best

eric

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
I chickened out, I called out Mr.Beard to play some banks, I had played banks 2 times in 2 weeks before the Derby, I just turned yellow and did'nt play. We did speek a number if times, we discussed our medicail aliments and had a few laughs, He said to me a few times "I'm just not up to playing-i need a nap rite now". I had simialr excuses, but If he would have asked me to play,, I wouldnt have, I chickened out. I played 2 racks of full rack banks, the best I did was 3 and out.

So perhaps next year Mr.Beard and I wont have so many medical issues prohibiting our game.:) :)

it was a pleasure to see him and his crew, the HOF dinner was great as well.

best

eric
Nothing wrong with loosing but it sure isnt nothing to brag about. I make up my mind to play weather I win or loose. Thats what I went thier to do. I played I lost And thats life. Thier is no shame in loosing. BUt not playing is another Qouistion that we ourselves can answer. And Tommarow thier will be a looser in the super bowl. Thier will always be a winner and looser. Thats life and we all have to learn to handle it. Its better to say you played then not play at all.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Nothing wrong with loosing but it sure isnt nothing to brag about. I make up my mind to play weather I win or loose. Thats what I went thier to do. I played I lost And thats life. Thier is no shame in loosing. BUt not playing is another Qouistion that we ourselves can answer. And Tommarow thier will be a looser in the super bowl. Thier will always be a winner and looser. Thats life and we all have to learn to handle it. Its better to say you played then not play at all.

I am not bragging, I just ducked him. I didnt like my chances. Like you said, "Dont make a bad game".

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It was me, Eric

It was me, Eric

Fatboy said:
I am not bragging, I just ducked him. I didnt like my chances. Like you said, "Dont make a bad game".

You didnt duck me, as much as I didnt feel like playing. Did I hustle you to play while we were there? If I had felt like playing we would have gotten down. I roll right over any pool knockers that get in the way. 4 or 5 straight innings of me missing balls and the knockers flee like bugs from a flit gun.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fatboy said:
eric you have alot of courage to admit you were chicken. some will say its more "manly" to play and lose.. i say dont make a game you dont think you can win

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Conversation overheard, and picture taken by the Ghost out in the parking lot at the DCC, of two unnamed ;) forum members chirping at each other >>>

Cluck, cluck, you wanna play me some banks?

Cluck, cluck, yeah, you wanna play me some banks?

Cluck, cluck, uh, first I gotta find out where you stand in the pecking order these days.

Cluck, cluck, that's alright, forget it, we'll play another time - I'm not feeling so good dis week anyway - I think I mite have got da bird-flu.

Cluck, cluck, I guess you're not gonna play that John Henderson any banks either then, this week?

Cluck, cluck, nah, I ain't gonna play that bird - I'll play him some in Chicago, if he wants to fly over - and I wish he'd bring the da San Jose Duck with him.

Cluck, cluck, I noticed those two do chirp at you a lot don't they?

Cluck, Cluck, yeah, but dem coward west coast eggs have bin ducking me for 40 years...:cool:

Cluck, cluck, yeah, and if doze birds ever really wuz to come to Chicago, I'd make scrambled eggs out of them - or maybe an Italian fritatta...:cool:

Cluck, Cluck, and ya know what? - one a dem birds came down to da basement once back in da 60's - but before we could pluck him, he flew da coop...:p

- Ghosty

PS, Take note of the dyed red hair, the beard, and the big belly, on one of the 'chickens'....:D

Attachments

• chickens.jpg
    chickens.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Conversation overheard, and picture taken, of two unnamed-:rolleyes: forum members by the Ghost at the DCC >>>

Cluck, cluck, you wanna play me some banks?

Cluck, cluck, yeah, you wanna play me some banks?

Cluck, cluck, uh, I gotta find out where you stand in the pecking order first.

Cluck, cluck, that's alright, forget it, we'll play another time - I'm not feeling so good anyway - I think I mite have got da salmonella.

Cluck, cluck, I guess you're not gonna play that John Hen any banks either then?

Cluck, cluck, nah, I ain't gonna play that bird - maybe in Chicago, if he decides to fly over - and he might bring the San Jose Duck with him.

Cluck, cluck, they do chirp at you a lot don't they?

Cluck, cluck, yeah, but if doze birds ever really do come to Chicago, I'll make scrambled eggs out of them - or maybe a fritatta, ha ha ha.

:D - Ghosty - :p

PS, Take note of the dyed red hair and the big belly on one of the 'chickens'....:D

Conversation continued,... at Red Shoe's in Chicago, (minus Fatboy) between "Bad Red Dye Job", and "Short Grey Apparition")

BRDJ..Cluck, Cluck, "Dem birds won't come to Chicago unless we put up some serious $$$$".

SGA..Cluck, cluck, "I'll put up $40,...I'm making big bucks on my new One Pocket tee shirts...let's play 'em some partner's full rack banks".

BRDJ..Cluck, cluck, ..."Nah, the Duck won't play our niche game...He's too smart for that" !

SGA..Cluck, cluck, "Yeah, you're right...so what do we do ?... We sure as hell can't beat doze bird's at one pocket, even though they are both older than dirt,.... The Duck will outmove us to death...while John runs balls,...plus you'll probably dog your brains out, as usual !

SGA..Cluck, cluck, "I dunno...Let's call Artie, He knows how to beat John...he'll make 'em put up $300,000" and play 36 ahead" !

BRDJ..Cluck, cluck..."You call him,...I'm gonna find me a 16 year old, toothless hillbilly girl to play with...I'll be in my room".

SGA..Cluck, cluck, "Wait a minute,...How about we just "Jar" 'em,... like we do all the good player's" ?

BRDJ..Cluck, cluck, "Nah..the Duck thrives on that s**t,...plus he and John don't drink....Let's just keep woofin' at 'em... ZZZZZ ! :eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
blah, blah, blah

Cluck, Cluck, blah, blah, blah
Cluck, cluck, blah, blah, blah

Cluck, cluck, ...blah, blah, blah

Cluck, cluck...blah, blah, blah

Cluck, cluck, Wait...blah, blah, blah

Cluck, cluck, Nah...blah, blah, blah

Here we go again...:rolleyes:....everytime I come up with a new comedy routine Papie copies it ( needless to say, doing a much weaker version of it )....Papie, I realize how hard it is for that 75 year old whisky-addled brain of yours to come up with an original thought, but puhleeze stop stealing all of my material....:rolleyes:....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, You did see the pic that I posted of me getting off of my bike didn't you? - be careful, don't incur my wrath....:eek:

PPS, Strange also, that Papie's so hung up on that West vs. Chicago thing, that even though I keep making posts needling Freddy - Papie nonsensically responds to these posts by partnering me with Freddy instead - leave it to Papie to invent alliances, to make a non-point...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Here we go again...:rolleyes:....everytime I come up with a new comedy routine Papie copies it ( needless to say, doing a much weaker version of it )....Papie, I realize how hard it is for that 75 year old whisky-addled brain of yours to come up with an original thought, but puhleeze stop stealing all of my material....:rolleyes:....:cool:

- Ghost

Duplicate post

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

PS, You did see the pic that I posted of me getting off of my bike didn't you? - be careful, don't incur my wrath.

PPS, Strange also, that Papie's so hung up on that West vs. Chicago thing, that even though I keep making posts needling Freddy - Papie nonsensically responds to these posts by partnering me with Freddy instead - leave it to Papie to invent alliances, to make a non-point...:rolleyes:

Its called a "parody" Ghosty...I just take your mindless ramblings, and run with them...And I am not "whiskey addled"...Yukon Jack is a 100 proof Canadian liqueur...So I am technically "liqueur addled"

So I guess Chicago (as a team) cannot find two guy's over 60, to take on two guys over 70...is that what you are saying ?

Sorry, I just thought you and The Beardman would make a good team. (we would spot you the fact that YOU are well under 60, and Beardmonster is only 69...'til November)

PS...What Bike...????

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Its called a "parody" Ghosty...

Lordy, lordy......It sure get's tiresome having to constantly correct Papie's mistakes, not having his facts straight, etc...:rolleyes:...

No Papie, the cluck, cluck, piece that I invented and wrote was parody - of Fatboy's and Freddy's bank pool conversations...

What you did, was just copy, and water down my parody....:rolleyes:...understand now?....:cool:

XO, Ghosty

SJDinPHX said:
PS...What Bike...????

Go see post #23 in my "Too Greedy?" thread.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
SJDinPHX said:
BRDJ..Cluck, Cluck, "Dem birds won't come to Chicago unless we put up some serious $$$$".

SGA..Cluck, cluck, "I'll put up $40,...

BRDJ..Cluck, cluck, "I dunno...Let's call Artie, He knows how to beat John...he'll make 'em put up $300,000" and play 36 ahead" !

BRDJ..Cluck, cluck..."You call him,...I'm gonna find me a 16 year old, toothless hillbilly girl to play with...I'll be in my room".

SJD & 1PGhost,
Both you fellas made me laugh out loud with your cleverly written posts.
The parts I included in the quotes above were time capsule worthy! :D

I dearly love The Beard. But this stuff is hilarious! I wonder if he laughs as hard reading it as we do?

Good work, both of youse! :)

PS..."The San Jose Duck"??? :)

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
androd said:
Terry, here's where it started, post # 108. pics worth a K words

Androd,
What a pic!! :D I don't know how I missed that, but many thanks for pointing it out! That's one of the funniest pics I ever saw, anywhere!
Just look at that duck's face.....:D What's going thru his, er, it's mind? :eek:
I can't stop laughing at that duck's deadpan look!

Thanks for filling me in on the "rest of the story" Androd! I'll be driving somewhere now and be thinking about that duck's face and start laughing again!

I hope SJD & Fred know we're laughing with them, not at them. As good as Grady & Billy are in the booth, SJD & Beard are that entertaining here!

I can't wait till my wife gets home to show her this thread! :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Terry Ardeno said:
Androd,
What a pic!!...I don't know how I missed that, but many thanks for pointing it out! That's one of the funniest pics I ever saw, anywhere!
Just look at that duck's face.....:D What's going thru his, er, it's mind?
I can't stop laughing at that duck's deadpan look!

Thanks for filling me in on the "rest of the story" Androd! I'll be driving somewhere now and be thinking about that duck's face and start laughing again!

I hope SJD & Fred know we're laughing with them, not at them. As good as Grady & Billy are in the booth, SJD & Beard are that entertaining here!

I can't wait till my wife gets home to show her this thread! :D

Terry,

I'm glad you enjoy our "friendly" bantering. I never know for sure, which Ghost or Beard will respond, (or retaliate) They can be very unpredictable, and sometimes they take my needles/jokes/insults, the wrong way...go figure ! I'm sure you've noticed a pattern develping, between myself and MANY Chicagoan's, they really can't help themselves, as incessant bragging seems to be the prevailing regional trait.

But, thats okay, my main goal is to get a response,...and to genuinely piss them off..;) Also, it is impossible to measure the thickness of their skin, because they don't make any measuring device THAT sensitive...:rolleyes:

Occasionally they PM me begging for mercy...I just ignore them, then they get really pissed.. Heh, heh.:D

PS... I also like kibitzing with the "Rust Belt Lunatic"(Dennis)...he is much more fun, even though he is not much of a challenge. (I'm not sure, he may be retarded)... I let him win a few football bets, and he is in hog heaven.

Last edited:

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Great stuff!

Great stuff!

SJDinPHX said:
Terry,

I'm glad you enjoy our "friendly" bantering. I never know for sure, which Ghost or Beard will respond, (or retaliate) They can be very unpredictable, and sometimes they take my needles/jokes/insults, the wrong way...go figure ! I'm sure you've noticed a pattern develping, between myself and MANY Chicagoan's, they really can't help themselves, as incessant bragging seems to be the prevailing regional trait.

But, thats okay, my main goal is to get a response,...and to genuinely piss them off..;) Also, it is impossible to measure the thickness of their skin, because they don't make any measuring device THAT sensitive...:rolleyes:

Occasionally they PM me begging for mercy...I just ignore them, then they get really pissed.. Heh, heh.:D

PS... I also like kibitzing with the "Rust Belt Lunatic"(Dennis)...he is much more fun, even though he is not much of a challenge. (I'm not sure, he may be retarded)... I let him win a few football bets, and he is in hog heaven.

SJDi, (as opposed to SJDu) :)
You guys can make boo-koo $ is you can get this stuff made into a TV series. Imagine a poolroom with all you guys playing yourselves....and bantering back & forth like younse do! No laugh track needed! Each one with his own moniker and traits.

You guys all get real high marks for creativity, cleverness and coming up with very funny material! The rivalry is hilarious!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Terry Ardeno said:
SJD & 1PGhost,
Both you fellas made me laugh out loud with your cleverly written posts.

Glad to give you some laughs Terry...it's childs play seeing as how Papie is such an easy target - a target made in heaven, you might say...:D

- Ghost

PS, And don't worry Terry, Papie knows that we're all laughing at him, and not with him....:p

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Glad to give you some laughs Terry...it's childs play seeing as how Papie is such an easy target - a target made in heaven, you might say...:D

- Ghost

PS, And don't worry Terry, Papie knows that we're all laughing at him, and not with him....:p

I am sure it did not go unnoticed, by the Ghost... that our favotrite pool historian, chose only the Duck's quotes to be "time capsule worthy" (post # 13)

That will sting a Chicagoan enough to drive him berserk...Terry, please throw him a few bones, lest he become despondent, and go into his "clam-up" mode..:eek:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Discolored One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, Take note of the dyed red hair and the big belly on one of the 'chickens'....:D

Ghost, I think you are mistaken. The Hair is Rose-colored, not red. You need to try a pair of these glasses I found.

As For the Duck, he is mistaken, too. He should have called you a rose-grey apparition. He obviously should try a pair of my new specs as well.

-"Rosey"