DCC 2018 - Scott Frost vs. Cliff Joyner

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I came across this match yesterday, and I thought it was a bag full of gems. Lots of great moves that made it well worth watching.

What made it so special is the ending. Cliff made his seventh ball and was playing simple one-rail position on the case ball. Talking about a reversal of fortune.

Anyway, this link starts off the video at a particular mark where Scott misses the 13 due to his head movement. We're all guilty of missing easy ones for one reason or another. The important takeaway here is this: keep the CB behind the balls whenever possible so that when you do miss, you don't leave a shot.

Scott closed out the game in spectacular fashion.

https://youtu.be/i6sYToZdG68?t=7184

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I came across this match yesterday, and I thought it was a bag full of gems. Lots of great moves that made it well worth watching.

What made it so special is the ending. Cliff made his seventh ball and was playing simple one-rail position on the case ball. Talking about a reversal of fortune.

Anyway, this link starts off the video at a particular mark where Scott misses the 13 due to his head movement. We're all guilty of missing easy ones for one reason or another. The important takeaway here is this: keep the CB behind the balls whenever possible so that when you do miss, you don't leave a shot.

Scott closed out the game in spectacular fashion.

https://youtu.be/i6sYToZdG68?t=7184

Thanks for the link Peter! I haven't made it to this one yet. My free time is less currently so I haven't watched all the 2018 dcc vids out there yet. In fact, I think I have only watched one! I am now almost finished with the Alex vs Ike video and this one will be next.

thanks again!

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Joyner was in town last week, and I questioned him about Frost's decision to play that terrible combination at the end. Joyner said it was the right thing for him to do, that it was the correct percentage play. I can't see it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Joyner was in town last week, and I questioned him about Frost's decision to play that terrible combination at the end. Joyner said it was the right thing for him to do, that it was the correct percentage play. I can't see it.

vapros
me too
it was all so straight lined up and on the rail
but when you strike the ball pure and accurate.....its the right thing to do
wish i was that acurate and pure in my stroke...:frus
peter
thanks for the link

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
The risk certainly justified the reward. That's what it comes down to.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice game video. They both missed easy shots at the beginning. Cliff had a nice run, but took the wrong last shot. He should have banked the 8. But then that was a helluva out for Frost!

Cliff and Scott matched up a few years back, and played a lengthy contest in Mobile. I believe Cliff was getting 9-8, or maybe a tad more. He really had no chance against Scott, although Cliff was playing a little below normal. Lenny came in with Scott to tape it, which I'm sure he has on video or stream.

The poolroom owner backed Cliff, and when he lost, the owner barred Cliff from the poolroom!

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Nice game video. They both missed easy shots at the beginning. Cliff had a nice run, but took the wrong last shot. He should have banked the 8. But then that was a helluva out for Frost!

Cliff and Scott matched up a few years back, and played a lengthy contest in Mobile. I believe Cliff was getting 9-8, or maybe a tad more. He really had no chance against Scott, although Cliff was playing a little below normal. Lenny came in with Scott to tape it, which I'm sure he has on video or stream.

The poolroom owner backed Cliff, and when he lost, the owner barred Cliff from the poolroom!

~Doc

the dvd from fast lenny is great moves shots and runouts from the match as i recall
you can buy it from fast lenny
http://www.ontherailtv.com/pro-shop
frost joiner mobile dvd.jpg