Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I'm so poor i'll have to sell a pool cue, a few goats and a couple of hundred thousand bees so i can raise a few frog skins to play but i'll find a way to get in a 100 action with you. Do you take confederate money?
But not to worry, if you clean me out i can always find something to eat in a few months when the local farmers field corn comes in.
I'll pay you in cash and you pay me in bees. No African bees and it's not because I am a White Nationalist.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
I'll pay you in cash and you pay me in bees. No African bees and it's not because I am a White Nationalist.

I still make a few cat houses on occasion that i trade for cash.. But i've put it on the back burner with the bee hives doing well. You probably should have saved your hospital bills and flown me out there to build your outdoor enclosure. I used to have a pretty nice one myself when i had a Bengal cattery...lol http://bigbearcatcondos.com/ My old uncle used to tell people i built cat houses and sold P*ssy...lol
Old 05-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
Just to show you what kind of guy I am when it comes to matching up, here is what happened between Chicago Mike and I a couple years ago at DCC.

We were trying to figure out a game and Mike offered to play me 9/7. I said I don't think that is fair Mike and gives me too much of an advantage. Let's play 10/8 instead.

Since I am old and forgetful and it has been a couple of years I can't remember who won, but shows you how easy it will be for you guys to get a fair game.
I recall you coming out a game or two ahead, but regardless it seemed fair. I have never been the lock smith type and typically find myself taking more risk than being rewarded, but occasionally it pays off. Looking forward to trying to make a fair game with those who are looking for one
Old 05-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I'm sorry to say I have not been able to put in the practice time lately and I may not perform and play as well as I hope to. I hope this does not upset those who may have me penciled in on their dance card. I sold my cue for a new one although I had been playing with it for the last 15 years. I have also ordered new glasses to try, so hopefully these minor changes won't affect my game too much more than not practicing has affected it already. This is not a pool player sob story or any attempt to soften up any potential opponents. That is all.
Sorry to hear that Mike. I'm in great shape, my arthritis I'm both my thumbs are somewhat under control, my rotary cuff injury in both shoulders are also feel I g a little better, my back is feeling as good as it has in over a month which is wonderful..i guess.. and im ready to go as soon as my sun burned skin starts to heal. See you soon...i hope

DR. Bill
Old 05-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewkirk View Post
Mike, I was worried that I would get to play you, and that I should play you
if I should be lucky enough to dance with you. Seeing that you have jumped at every game offered at tourney. You certainly are going to have sore feet with all that dancing.

It sounds like you have too much firepower for an old guy like me to fool with. So now I don't have to worry about paying, because I wouldn't want to be accused of taking advantage of you, since you obviously can not see(new glasses).

I will like seeing you match up with others and adjust to your glasses and new cue, though.

Or, you could say I am trying to crawfish out of playing you.
Looking forward to seeing you...I'll be around if you change your mind
Old 05-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Sorry to hear that Mike. I'm in great shape, my arthritis I'm both my thumbs are somewhat under control, my rotary cuff injury in both shoulders are also feel I g a little better, my back is feeling as good as it has in over a month which is wonderful..i guess.. and im ready to go as soon as my sun burned skin starts to heal. See you soon...i hope

DR. Bill
I'm thrilled to hear that you're feeling well and looking forward to seeing you. Perhaps we will get the chance to spar as the last couple times I've asked you over the years you have had other games lined up and have been unable. I always manage to get sunburned as my hair line isn't what it used to be. Stay well and I'll see you there...I hope
Old 05-27-2017, 07:46 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post

DR. Bill
Where did you get my medical records?
Old 05-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Verified Member

Default Like I said ----->

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
You see, this is what I hate to hear and read, cuz it's so unfair to me.....

Re. matching up, guys all tell these phony-baloney tall tales about why they aren't playing good right now - bad back, new glasses, etc. etc...and that unfairly ruins it for me...

Cuz when I have to say similar things about my all of my own many health/aging related, play-challenging difficulties - I'm not believed they want to just lump me in with all of those fib-telling hustlers - (while unlike the other guys, my woes are all 100% true )

- Ghst

Can I get a hug...

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 05-27-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:39 PM
Verified Member

reading through this, think i need some heavy duty waders.....mas bueno caca....

oh...and for those that didn't know...ghost can only stand for two hours and he can't see.....

(i'm in my banger prime.....)
Old 05-27-2017, 10:54 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
reading through this, think i need some heavy duty waders.....mas bueno caca....

oh...and for those that didn't know...ghost can only stand for two hours and he can't see.....

(i'm in my banger prime.....)
Come on in...the water is fine