Hard Times Bellflower One Pocket July 16-17

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Hard Times is hosting a two day one pocket and two day 10 ball tournament this weekend. One pocket begins at noon on Thursday. Entry fee is $100 for the one pocket, I think. We are expecting some good action!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Hard Times is hosting a two day one pocket and two day 10 ball tournament this weekend. One pocket begins at noon on Thursday. Entry fee is $100 for the one pocket, I think. We are expecting some good action!

Have you heard or seen who's on the list. How many have signed up? I heard Alex P is in town. Should be a good event. I might play depending on the field.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Hard Times One Pocket

Hard Times One Pocket

I have not seen the list yet. I heard Rafael Martinez called Little Al to say some of the northern California guys will be there.

I saw you playing one pocket last night, Frank. You can really play!

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
So far this list is pretty small which is a promising sign for those players who are good at the game and want to get in at the last minute. I'm also hearing that Bobby Emmons is driving from AZ and I sent an invite to Nick Varner but I'm not sure where he stands yet.

SO FAR -

$1,500 Added ONE POCKET - OPEN TO 64
Ernesto Dominguez
Rafael Martinez
Jerry Matchin
Randy Hatten
Isaac Pineda

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
The late fee for this event has been waived altogether.

You can sign up for the tournament as late as Thursday at 11:00AM with the tournament director.

$100

Wayne

Verified Member
So far this list is pretty small which is a promising sign for those players who are good at the game and want to get in at the last minute. I'm also hearing that Bobby Emmons is driving from AZ and I sent an invite to Nick Varner but I'm not sure where he stands yet.

SO FAR -

$1,500 Added ONE POCKET - OPEN TO 64
Ernesto Dominguez
Rafael Martinez
Jerry Matchin
Randy Hatten
Isaac Pineda

I am playing and Santos and Phil Misson said they were playing when I saw them yesterday in Santa Monica. My guess would be between 16 and 24 players.
Wayne

keoneyo

Verified Member
6 left.
Winners side.
Our guy Wayne Pullen plays Santos Sambajon
Rafael Martinez plays Rodney Morris

Loser side
John Schmidt just beat Brandon Shuff
he will be playing Damian Alishan, local favorite

Starts at noon PST.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
When the smoke clears (so to speak), we hope to see Wayne standing at the winner of the winners' side position!:)

~Doc

I do too Doc. Wayne has been a friend for over 10 years. His dedication to the game and his work ethic has been exceptional. His fairness when it comes to competition is renowned in So Cal. As well as his winning attitude.

Saying that, in my gut I feel for the other 3, and also am cheering for them.
Imagine. Wayne is the only non pro. A single parent who raised a daughter on his own and now is a proud grandfather. After years of struggle created a very successful business and still continues to work everyday. On his game as well.

The other 3 are pool professionals and make their money playing pool. They need the win. That $1300 on top gives them a lot of breathing room. For Wayne he just enjoys the game and the competition. Hes already won in my estimation.

Wayne

Verified Member
Thanks guys. Just got home now I have to babysit. I was happy with the 3rd place finish. My ego would have gotten too big if I had won it all.