rules question

craveman1

I have a question about the rules concerning a foul with your cue hitting object balls by accident while playing a shot. My cue hit a ball in the stack and it made 3 to 4 balls move. We were playing "cue ball fouls only" meaning normally a "non cue ball" moved would not be a foul and would be replaced as best as possible... however my opponent said that if you move more than 3 "non cue balls" at once it is a foul.. Then someone else stated it was a lose of game. Can someone clear this up by giving me the "normal" way to play fouls like this. Thanks!!

Deeman

Verified Member
I have a question about the rules concerning a foul with your cue hitting object balls by accident while playing a shot. My cue hit a ball in the stack and it made 3 to 4 balls move. We were playing "cue ball fouls only" meaning normally a "non cue ball" moved would not be a foul and would be replaced as best as possible... however my opponent said that if you move more than 3 "non cue balls" at once it is a foul.. Then someone else stated it was a lose of game. Can someone clear this up by giving me the "normal" way to play fouls like this. Thanks!!

I think moving three balls is a Derby City thing as I have not seen it that way anywhere else, but Hell, I don't get out much anymore! :)

DeeMan

onepockethacker

Verified Member

The way that most people play (myself included) is if you move 2 or more object balls its a foul

craveman1

Thanks for the responses. Unintentional = foul sounds reasonable to me. BTW Great site, I've been an on and off lurker for years.