sunnyone

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Hey Ducky and all of you other balloonheads that keep interferring in my "sunnyone" thread, take a hike. I welcomed her to the site almost 18hrs. before any of you hoopleheads knew she was a member, so back off while I formulate a plan to eliminate the Wall Street type in her life and keep her for myself (to teach her one-pocket):) .

RBL
sunny has not confirmed that her gender is a she:eek: just sayin

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
a classy forum!

a classy forum!

mr. vapros ... you are so wrong about damon runyon! and i am so right! unfortunately, all of the resource guides have erased all of the evidence!

mr. beard ... i look forward to drinking from your fount of one-pocket knowledge. and i shall try to refrain from 'hitting' on you, difficult as that may prove to be!

mr. cowboy ... my bf is pretty good, for his model year. but he has a speech impediment which doesn't allow him to say the 'm' word. perhaps that is in your vocabulary?

Ill ... a quite astute observation! having a bf doesn't signify gender any more than being blonde! nor does this response!

clare ... i hope you someday hop back into this thread. since i am new to this forum, i don't want to annoy people by getting their names mixed up.

example: i had thought that 'sjd' stood for san jose ducky? but several boys were kind enough to send me pm's explaining what the 'd' represents?

they said that mr. san jose preferred his name to be preceded by the accurate adjective 'little' or 'tiny' or -- and this i thought rather odd -- 'needle.'

any suggestions on what he prefers to be called?

thanks

sunny

p. s. ok, i am just a gurl.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wow, another "gurl" with some bite

Wow, another "gurl" with some bite

....Ill ... a quite astute observation! having a bf doesn't signify gender any more than being blonde! nor does this response!....

...example: i had thought that 'sjd' stood for san jose ducky? but several boys were kind enough to send me pm's explaining what the 'd' represents?

they said that mr. san jose preferred his name to be preceded by the accurate adjective 'little' or 'tiny' or -- and this i thought rather odd -- 'needle.'

thanks

sunny

p. s. ok, i am just a gurl.[/QUOTE]

I have a few appropriate names for him, but I will refrain for the moment. You have covered the subject quite nicely. SunnyBun, I think I am falling in love.

Beard

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
gosh!

gosh!

mr. beard ... i don't think i've ever experienced such an instant and deep bonding with anyone ever!

how about this? i'll send you a sultry e-card -- personal from sunny to the beard?

then as a token of reciprocity? you can make a charitable contribution to sunnydoesgood? all i'll need is your black amex card number along with the pin. of course for security reasons, i'll need your ssn? and your mother's maiden name? and the name of your favorite pet?

then, i think we'll be all set!

so nice to meet a kindred spirit!

sunny

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
sunnyone said:

thanks

sunny

sunny, trust the Ghost, if you want SJD to be very fond of you, what he most likes to be called is Papie - it really is a sweet, affectionate name for the cantankerous old son-of-a-bitch isn't it?...:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
sunnyone said:
mr. cowboy ... my bf is pretty good, for his model year. but he has a speech impediment which doesn't allow him to say the 'm' word. perhaps that is in your vocabulary?

sunny

Of course I can say it: Miller Lite:) .

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
sunnyone said:
mr. beard ... i don't think i've ever experienced such an instant and deep bonding with anyone ever!

how about this? i'll send you a sultry e-card -- personal from sunny to the beard?

then as a token of reciprocity? you can make a charitable contribution to sunnydoesgood? all i'll need is your black amex card number along with the pin. of course for security reasons, i'll need your ssn? and your mother's maiden name? and the name of your favorite pet?

sunny

Dear Ms. Sunnyone,

Patronizing these two old gentleman will not only NOT gain you anything, it will greatly increase your chances of becoming a "bite" victim.

I will excuse your reference to my manhood, (or lack thereof) as you are new to the forum, and are not aware of the fact that the subject has been WELL covered...
In fact, extreme jealousy is the reason I am so high on their "cheap shot" list...Their "short"comings, will be well covered in my new book, "Drinkin' with the Duck".

I would suggest that you get your check in the mail ASAP, so as not to be shut out. The book will also include, some very discrete photos, Doctor's attestments, as well as my place in the "Guinness World Book of Records".

Sincerely.

BIG Duck (Gigantus Duckus, is my actual, proper species designation)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sunnyone you may not be familiar with the members cafe section of the site
heres a link for more info on sjd/s forthcoming treatise "drinking with the duck"
http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3973
in my post http://onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=46338&postcount=10
i also beleive this book will be helpful in your quest to master (the "m" word??:eek: :rolleyes: if its " please be my mrs"with some guys you are correct its not in their vocabulary or if it was it got washed out with D soap) one pocket

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No black amex

No black amex

sunnyone said:

sunny

As much as I like to go off on beautiful blonde women, there are no black Am Ex cards in my neighborhood. To procure the more extravagant products we use instead a concealed weapon and a face mask.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
As much as I like to go off on beautiful blonde women, there are no black Am Ex cards in my neighborhood. To procure the more extravagant products we use instead a concealed weapon and a face mask.

Beard
thats a black mask card i think:rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sunnyone for someone who was left a pool table in their loft to find an interest in one pocket is quite fascinating to me.:confused:
most naive newbies to pool bang balls around and want to play 8 ball(no disrespect to skin or artie:) )
to even know one pocket is a pool game takes some exposure to pool/imho
SO????????????just askin

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
sunnyone for someone who was left a pool table in their loft to find an interest in one pocket is quite fascinating to me.:confused:
most naive newbies to pool bang balls around and want to play 8 ball(no disrespect to skin or artie:) )
to even know one pocket is a pool game takes some exposure to pool/imho
SO????????????just askin

It is odd, I wondered the same thing. People typically play every other game there is, for years, before they even look at the game of one pocket. I find, someone really has to be hard core player, to even understand the game, let alone enjoy it:D At least I have found, from my experience.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
staying current.

staying current.

mr. ghost ... if papie is sjd's preferred name, or ducky, or whatever? i shall of course address him in the manner most appropriate to his station.

mr. big duck ... gigantus duckus, that is funny!

i hesitate to presume on a new acquaintance, but -- thanks to mr. Ill -- i see your doubleday (knopf) print run will be only 1,500,000.

since that amount will be snapped up immediately, i wonder ... could i pre-order multiple copies for family and friends? i realize that i might be required to pay a premium beyond the $50-per charge. but for an instant classic such as 'drinking with the duck,' who would complain? if you need to limit my initial purchase to several hundred copies, i will understand.

thanks in advance for your consideration!

mr beard / mr Ill ... black mask, good one!

mr. Ill ... i didn't inherit a pool table ... the key word was billiards. (hint: no pockets!) do try to pay closer attention, thank you so much!

mr. ill / mr. cali ... re: one-pocket. this post is already way too long? i'll grace you with a separate response. to follow!

sunny

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
newbie / one-pocket

newbie / one-pocket

mr. ill / mr. cali ... re: one-pocket.

as with many newbies i went to youtube and started watching pool videos.

pool, rather than billiards because my bf's coach said he had to run 50 in a row before he could play 3-cushion. and my long run is like three? that game is super-hard! and super-frustrating!

plus, i had the table moved because of the terrible feng shui and then i had the cloth changed to blue because of my art and prints and then a gf spilled some wine and i had to change the cloth again?

anyway, my bf suggested that he might concentrate on billiards and i could have all the other games. good compromise! yes?

so back on youtube i fell in love with efren! he has such a shy, sweet smile! reminds me of an uncle.

at the same time i had a coach in the pool room who fired me in the middle of my first lesson for ... well i do enjoy a chin-wag when i'm out and about! yes, i'm a blabberer, if that's a word?

so he said something such as 'a nine ball game shouldn't take longer than a one pocket game' and that reminded me of efren. so i went back and watched his galveston matches?

and guess what? the commentator, joey a, was so good that even a newbie could pretty much follow along.

then ... joey was on a big truck stream and i chat-asked him if he were joey 'get ahead, stay ahead?' and he was!

so, one of my gf's -- her dad -- met joey a in louisiana and it turns out they know some of the same pool degenerates (characters) from his days in college in new orleans.

so joey a has kind of become a friend / mentor?

where was i? oh, one-pocket! i liked it at first for the wrong reasons -- because i'm so bad at all the games but when you mess up in one-pocket, you might still make a good shot by accident.

but, little by little, i'm starting to learn enough to appreciate some of the subtleties of the game? not many, just a few! i know i'm like pre-k and most of you guys are post-grad.

but it is a beautiful game!

sunny

CaliRed said:
It is odd, I wondered the same thing. People typically play every other game there is, for years, before they even look at the game of one pocket. I find, someone really has to be hard core player, to even understand the game, let alone enjoy it:D At least I have found, from my experience.

CaliRed and lll: My thoughts EXACTLY.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
clarevoyance

clarevoyance

first ... mr. Ill ... i wasn't aware of the cafe section, thanks! in reading it, i sense that maybe you were kindly directing me to a more suitable venue? one where my mouth-time (as opposed to serious one-pocket discussion) might be more fitting?

ms clare ... i can't recall a single post -- in any pool forum -- that struck home as smartly as did yours on the subject of communication!

Bob, you have not offended me, and I doubt you have offended any others. Although this forum is comparable to a pool room, it is not actually a room. It is a forum, where people's body language, unspoken communication, etc. is not observable. We have to use the written word to do our communicating.

clare, you are so right! when i talk, i'm using hands -- elbow squeezes, shoulder pats, exclamation points, finger wags, the finger, -- i am animated! eyebrow accents, moues, frowns, smiles, grins (different from smiles!) winks, nods ... the entire unspoken language of speaking!

then ... in a forum, it goes from 3-d to flatland, just like that! subtle allusions appear as gross insults. a would-be sly wink-and-a-nod is seen as a direct insult.

although, i guess i have to admit, if i am mouthy ... it comes through, loud and clear wherever i am!

sunny

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sunny, you're mighty literate to be futzing around with us cretins on this forum. Does your mother know where you are? :eek: :p

vapros said:
Sunny, you're mighty literate to be futzing around with us cretins on this forum. Does your mother know where you are? :eek: :p

Speak for yourself, Vapros. :D You should share some of your beautiful poetry with Sunny. (Please do not share those dirty limericks that you write :) )

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
hey, buster boy!

hey, buster boy!

mr. vapros ... fyi, i can futz around anywhere i chose to futz! get it?

plus, if you think i am yappy? you should meet my mom!

although i did show her the end of the efren one-pocket match in galveston. she wasn't really that taken with it.

but i also brought her into that tallahassee chat room to watch one of mr. dwight's streams. of course he dropped an f-bomb and then ended up hitting on my mom, who is, um, married? like to my dad?

but she thought it was hilarious and found it quite fascinating, this pool subculture that most people don't know even exists.

(my mom is a clinical psychologist who also teaches a class. hmm, maybe a pool forum would be an interesting case study for one of her students. no, probably not, all of us here are so well balanced!)

sunny

p. s. thanks to ms. clare i hear you are a poet? who knew? don't worry about limericks; i grew up with three older brothers so i know all the words! or a lot of them, i bet.

so ... a poet, at least two authors -- 'banking' and 'drinking' -- what sort of den have i stumbled into?