1Pocket Question

lfigueroa

Verified Member
1Pocket match for serious jelly beans.

Player A is shooting, going to a high number (spot involved), and has to transfer balls from his corner pocket to his side pocket.

He ends up filling up his side pocket, cuts a ball towards his hole, and the cue ball goes towards his side hole and, because of the balls are virtually over flowing from said pocket, rolls to the lip of the pocket and seemingly stops (or, some say, backs up from the pocket). Cue ball stays on the table.

What's the call?

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've noticed that on drop pocket tables, a player going to 10 often has to use both the side pocket and the far corner pocket to avoid spilling out on to the table.

For sure, if you don't clear your own pocket sufficiently, and you send an object ball that would clearly drop into your hole, but instead it tipples the snow cone of balls and stays on the table -- sorry, it doesn't count. But that's an object ball.

According to the world general rules:
http://www.wpa-pool.com/rules3.htm

3.20 CUE BALL SCRATCH

It is a foul (scratch) if on a stroke, the cue ball is pocketed. If the cue ball touches an object ball that was already pocketed (for example, in a pocket full of object balls), the shot is a foul.

That sure sounds like what you describe :) :)

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Foul

Foul

Oh that is foul. You wouldn't get away with that if we were playing. Was the great figueroa negligent in cleaning his pocket out? :D I am going to send you an e mail right now.

kollegedave

lfigueroa

Verified Member
'twas not moi... (though I do sometimes get carried away running all those balls).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lfigueroa said:
1Pocket match for serious jelly beans.

Player A is shooting, going to a high number (spot involved), and has to transfer balls from his corner pocket to his side pocket.

He ends up filling up his side pocket, cuts a ball towards his hole, and the cue ball goes towards his side hole and, because of the balls are virtually over flowing from said pocket, rolls to the lip of the pocket and seemingly stops (or, some say, backs up from the pocket). Cue ball stays on the table.

What's the call?

Lou Figueroa
Lou,

Since it's been 6 years, 3 months & 17 days and you've only got two responses to your question, let me give it a whirl. (I'm bored). It's not a foul(gambling), but wait, there's more:

1. Player A is a moron for filling up the side pocket with balls. This could've just as easily stopped his opponent from scratching.

2. Player B is an imbecile for allowing Player A to fill up the side pocket with balls. He should've objected.

3. The 4 neutral pockets are not to be used for repositories of any balls that are not spotted up upon a miss. The "made" balls go somewhere else. Find a place and put them there.

I sure hope this clears it up for you:D .

Denis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Don't play anyone who's a thief. The rack in the table holds 12 balls.
I always put mine there. Nobody has tried to steal one in many years.:p
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Lou,

Since it's been 6 years, 3 months & 17 days and you've only got two responses to your question, let me give it a whirl.

Denis
dennis you have too much free time on your hands:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Don't play anyone who's a thief. The rack in the table holds 12 balls.
Rod.
Rod,

Snooker tables didn't have any "end of table" place to store balls, we had to put them in the side out of necessity, but the balls were small and didn't usually cause a problem. Putting them in the side led to other problems on a snooker table though.

Diamonds don't (to my knowledge) have anyplace to store made balls either. In higher stakes games I made sure they were not in the side pockets.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Don't play anyone who's a thief.
Rod.
Only one player in my life has stolen a ball from me, that I know of anyway. When he's no longer with us I'll tell the story, including my revenge, which cost him $100 about 12 yrs. later:) . Both were quite funny.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Rod,

Snooker tables didn't have any "end of table" place to store balls, we had to put them in the side out of necessity, which led to another problem.

Diamonds don't (to my knowledge) have anyplace to store made balls either. In higher stakes games I made sure they were not in the side pockets.

Dennis

In higher stakes,:) when in shaky joints they always went in my girl friends purse.:rolleyes: along with my pistola.
Rod.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Cowboy Dennis said:
Only one player in my life has stolen a ball from me, that I know of anyway. When he's no longer with us I'll tell the story, including my revenge, which cost him $100 about 12 yrs. later:) . Both were quite funny.

Dennis

Listen, I told you it was a god damn accident!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
stevelomako said:
Listen, I told you it was a god damn accident!

Actually...given the I.Q. of the "Hamtramck Flash", I wonder who must have snitched on you Steve ? (probably someone from Chicago)...:rolleyes:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
SJDinPHX said:
Actually...given the I.Q. of the "Hamtramck Flash", I wonder who must have snitched on you Steve ? (probably someone from Chicago)...:rolleyes:

He made all 15 balls in the game and I snatched 14 of them, they were all in my jeans pockets or I would have never been caught....he was always checking my pants out :eek:, kept asking me if I was hiding bananas?