Rank of one pocket players who post here?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'll give a little run down on my game.
Vapros, SJD and I are all in the 1st tier, in the 77yrs. and older category. :p
Rod.
P.S. Hendy will join us in a year or so. :eek:

I'm for a super seniors one pocket tournament if we can hold it in Houston.
Double elim/ race to 3. $200.00 entry fee with $5000.00 added. 16 player field, play it out in 4 days. Gotta be 70+ by kick-off, which would prolly be as late as October this year.

If I get an interest list I will pursue the venue and the added purse.

Any takers?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Double elim/ race to 3. $200.00 entry fee with $5000.00 added. 16 player field, play it out in 4 days. Gotta be 70+ by kick-off, which would prolly be as late as October this year.

Any takers?

Super Senior One Pocket Challenge (70 and up)

#1. Bill Incardona (count me in)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I agree DR Bill. I think we got action:D Some think I play better than I think I do:eek: Oh well:lol John B.

If i'm reading this correctly (maybe not) are you looking to accommodate Wayne and travel to Ca. to play him? That would also be a good match to stream. Maybe Lenny or Ray Hanson would be interested in streaming it and charging a reasonable fee to watch it, I believe this match up would create a lot of interest (west vs south) Then maybe the Hacker can get into the mix. Of course since you all will be close to Phoenix maybe you can visit with Bernie.;)

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Any takers?

Perfect.

Do it in October and I'll have the nuts! (Youngest old bastard there.) :D

I'm in.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If i'm reading this correctly (maybe not) are you looking to accommodate Wayne and travel to Ca. to play him? That would also be a good match to stream. Maybe Lenny or Ray Hanson would be interested in streaming it and charging a reasonable fee to watch it, I believe this match up would create a lot of interest (west vs south) Then maybe the Hacker can get into the mix. Of course since you all will be close to Phoenix maybe you can visit with Bernie.;)

Dr. Bill

I would give up a nice piece of change for a stream of a round-robin among those 4 (and I'd kick in a few bucks for travelling expenses if you or one of those 4 would manage a fund.... but not Hacker... I asked him for change for $100 and he gave me two twenties, three fives and 11 ones.) :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Any takers?

I am in. Been hoping for a pool trip before Derby City.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim, Rob quitting for three months will have no bearing on your ability to jump tiers, it will only put his 1st tier ranking in jeopardy. If you want to move up a tier you must challenge and beat a 2nd. tier player.:frus

Dr. Bill

OK Dr, I guess you can't tell I was fooling around. I've had enough ass whippings to know where I stand

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

Any takers?

I'll play. sign me up.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dr. Bill

I agree with some of it but would put Matchin up with Wayne & Bernie. I still want to play Wirth & Stroud before I give in there, and if you think Ghost can beat me you can get your $$ back.:sorry My bags are packed and ready to go. IF we play and I win, I will fire whatever I win back at you 8/7. We can play at Red Shoes or Chris's.

Does it look like I wanna play somebody? When I get done with you guys I will start looking at the next tier (Or maybe the lower one).:lol

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Dr. Bill

I agree with some of it but would put Matchin up with Wayne & Bernie. I still want to play Wirth & Stroud before I give in there, and if you think Ghost can beat me you can get your $$ back.:sorry My bags are packed and ready to go. IF we play and I win, I will fire whatever I win back at you 8/7. We can play at Red Shoes or Chris's.

Does it look like I wanna play somebody? When I get done with you guys I will start looking at the next tier (Or maybe the lower one).:lol

You must have a couple of Social Security checks saved up. I'd play you but I don't want to waste the Government's, money.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Houston

Houston

I think if ya'll have a seniors tournament...you should back the entry back to 66 and 1/2 years young...that is retirement age isn't it...

I know if it comes to pass I will be there...

B

baby huey

Verified Member
I read the threads and I think most everyone is in the right ranking catagory. Of course, when you get older you might not be able to bring the same speed day in and day out and table equipment affects older players a little more. Wayne and I have unfinished business from a few weeks ago. His schedule and mine just aren't co-mingling very well. We're going to get our match done. I like Wayne's game, he might be the best one pocket player in LA now that One Pocket Rich is in semi-retirement. Henderson and Almanza can really bring it from time to time but father time doesn't always cooperate with the body. Bernie in Arizona is a quality player who benefits from being able to play Scott on a regular basis. That will keep you sharp and ready to rumble.

over and out

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Dr. Bill

If you play in LA I can stream it. I just need food from the deli down the street and some action with the quack a practor(Not you, Dr Bill). I owe him one from the last trip.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I think if ya'll have a seniors tournament...you should back the entry back to 66 and 1/2 years young...that is retirement age isn't it...

I know if it comes to pass I will be there...

B

And I think it should be 75+, but then we would not have enough players.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I believe I ended up playing Big Phil. I beat him at Hollywood and came down to Santa Monica and got beat and he offered me a ball (without me asking) and we ended up close to even.

You and Phil are probably the two best guys to play anywhere down there. You will make a fair game and don't have one foot out the door when you match up.

Yes, beating Rafael twice in a row might get me looking to play someone else.:D

John you don't know me but the last time you came to play at HOB you brought a bright light with you. You were so charming and funny. Any pool room would be blessed with the likes of you. Please come again.
Oh yeah and bring that bearded tall drink of water. Hes good for some laughs too.;)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Of the players who post here that I've either played, or watched extensively, Brumback is probably my best candidate for the top honor. What's interesting about his play is that, although he's the best bank pool player of today, he also finishes high in the 1P (and 9-ball) divisions at the DCC-- despite probably not playing all that much 1P in comparison to banks during the year. He's so widely known for bank pool, that his 1P prowess tends to stay in the shadows.

I've never seen Wayne play except on video. He certainly might be right up there with the top guys, if he's not there by himself.

Bernie and Hacker have also got to be pretty close to the top as well. Bernie is apt to beat all but the AAA players. I don't know in how much private action he partakes, but he's a threat to win, or to place in the top half dozen, at any event.

Hacker is a more complex study. He puts me in mind of the late great Mike Surber, who believed that there was no percentage in playing champions. It's better to pick your game and match up advantageously. Hacker is an excellent tactician and ball maker. But his best attributes may be stealth and cunning: a master of the trap. That's why I predict that you'll never see Hacker and Bill I. ever play again. They'll never get past the negotiation stage.

One of the players Ghost is referring to who might be a higher tier guy, is Mitch Ellerman. Mitch is an excellent player. His best attribute? He's fearless.

~Doc

Mike was a great guy. We played $ 100 a game one pocket at hollywood billiards about 9 or 10 years ago. I beat him 6 games.
As far as my rating goes on his site Doc its real simple. If im playing pool everyday I think I will beat everyone on the site. The problem is I usually never play. Pool down here is depressing. The last 6 years I have hit pool balls an average of an hour 1 time out of every 2 or 3 weeks so what you have been seeing is a guy without all his weapons sharpened. I havent played MY one pocket game in at least 8 years because since I never play I cannot shoot shots I would definitely make. I have to opt for a "move" when I would normally fire something in and run out. I have alot of negative thoughts that go through my head when i play these days which causes me to miss shots. That being said I did play last thursday against Slava the russian guy who was with us at buffalos. We played 9 ball races to 7. I won the 1st set but played bad because of the negative thoughts. I blew up at myself and then I remembered something Buddy Hall told me about 12 years ago that I had not been doing for years. I started doing it the next set and i broke and ran 5 out of 7 racks and played a perfect set. Once Slava saw that he was done. I have a feeling this stone crab just got both his claws back( in other words my entire arsenal) so in other words everyone on this site if ****ed:sorry:D:D:D