Let's try a little One Ball One Pocket...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't know how or if this will work, but let's give it a try. Let's try to play a game of One Ball One pocket on the wei table.

Anyone and everyone can chime in and kibbitz about the shot, before or after a shot is posted. If you shoot something, it should be something that you can reasonably expect to execute, or you might get called out by the sideline judges, at the cost of... a drink? pride? a token donation to OnePocket.org? who knows? Ideally, you should set up the shot on a real table and give your idea a whack, and post the results accordingly. Or give it three whacks, and post a best two-out-of-three result average. For anything wilder than that, you might need to have multiple witnesses :D

Let's say you elect to shoot for pocket "A" or "B" and you stay with that pocket the rest of the way (wei?)

Or, you can elect to stay on the sidelines as "judges". Anyone that doesn't sign up will be a "judge". The judges role is to accept bribes (just kidding), and chime in if you think someone is fibbing their shot by shooting over their head.

If we can make this work, we can tinker with the "rules" for next time.

Okay, let's start with, who wants to play, and which is your pocket? We'll leave this open for 24 hours to sign up -- or until we have say a maximum of four on a "team". Players will rotate to shoot in the order they sign up, unless they happen to be absent the forum, in which case the shot passes to the next player in line on the same team.

Let's say you have 12 hours to shoot or your shot passes. This will make for a long game, but lots of opportunity for shot discussion, so I doubt the pace will be a problem, but if it is, we can adjust that next time.

One more thing -- this is for fun, and learning. Save your wagers (and hard feelings) for the real tables :)

Wei posting advice is always allowed.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAOk1PBac4Qcpt3RcYs1kBac1kbod1kcQi1kAni1kBReza1qDmxYou_have_pocket_A_and_must_break_from_within_the_box,_and_have_to_drive_the_one_ball_to_at_least_one_cushion_beyond_the_one_it_is_now_frozen_to.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Ball One-Pocket

One Ball One-Pocket

NH Steve said:
I don't know how or if this will work, but let's give it a try. Let's try to play a game of One Ball One pocket on the wei table.

Anyone and everyone can chime in and kibbitz about the shot, before or after a shot is posted. If you shoot something, it should be something that you can reasonably expect to execute, or you might get called out by the sideline judges, at the cost of... a drink? pride? a token donation to OnePocket.org? who knows? Ideally, you should set up the shot on a real table and give your idea a whack, and post the results accordingly. Or give it three whacks, and post a best two-out-of-three result average. For anything wilder than that, you might need to have multiple witnesses :D

Let's say you elect to shoot for pocket "A" or "B" and you stay with that pocket the rest of the way (wei?)

Or, you can elect to stay on the sidelines as "judges". Anyone that doesn't sign up will be a "judge". The judges role is to accept bribes (just kidding), and chime in if you think someone is fibbing their shot by shooting over their head.

Okay, let's start with, who wants to play, and which is your pocket? We'll leave this open for 24 hours to sign up -- or until we have say a maximum of four on a "team". Players will rotate to shoot in the order they sign up, unless they happen to be absent the forum, in which case the shot passes to the next player in line on the same team.

Let's say you have 12 hours to shoot or your shot passes. This will make for a long game, but lots of opportunity for shot discussion, so I doubt the pace will be a problem, but if it is, we can adjust that next time.

One more thing -- this is for fun, and learning. Save your wagers (and hard feelings) for the real tables :)

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAOk1PBac4Qcpt3RcYs1kBac1kbod1kcQi1kAni1kBReza1qDmxYou_have_pocket_A_and_must_break_from_within_the_box,_and_have_to_drive_the_one_ball_to_at_least_one_cushion_beyond_the_one_it_is_now_frozen_to.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

We used to do this on the snooker table,(except you had to 'break' from the 'D',) so I guess I'm in on this table. Sign me up. I'm off till friday night. If the game ain't over by then, someone's shooting too slow.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
NH Steve said:

I have a limited window to play so I'll be a judge. Um, a judge with no degree.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
This could be interesting. It could also fall apart.:D Since I can't get to a table until tomorrow afternoon (Tues.), I'll take pocket "B".

I don't really know the break shot. But since there is a break box, the 4-railer is out. I assume one choice would be up and back on the 1-ball, but that keeps whitey on A's side.

Steve, when we get 8 players, you'll have to tell us who is on the teams.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i may not learn the wei in time for this years obopt (one ball one pocket tourney) but im going to try and cram to make the deadline . if not i will be ready for the next one.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dick,

That's a real nice shot. But what does it have to do with the layout that Steve posted? A little early for Yukon Jack isn't it?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAWj2PJBc3QcQq4Rdnt4UAWj4UcLI2UGKn2UbPN4UbCa2kJBc3kAfR3kDQk3kbHj1kWYj@[/CUETABLE]

(1) Thank you (2) Do not savvy your reply, what did I do wrong :confused: (3) No it isn't, unless you're a SISSY ! (no hard feelings) ;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
(1) Thank you (2) Do not savvy your reply, what did I do wrong :confused: (3) No it isn't, unless you're a SISSY ! (no hard feelings) ;)

(1) You are welcome. (2) You did not follow the guidelines for the break. If you take that pocket, you have to break from the other side of the headspot. (3) I already knew that.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
(1) You are welcome. (2) You did not follow the guidelines for the break. If you take that pocket, you have to break from the other side of the headspot. (3) I already knew that.

Wasted 45 minutes (of what little time I have left) posting a sensational, pro type, WEI shot, only to find it nullified by some stupid rule.....I QUIT !!

Dick <---rarely drinks before noon, unless faced with a lot of stress. (like this) :eek:

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
SJDinPHX said:
Wasted 45 minutes (of what little time I have left) posting a sensational, pro type, WEI shot, only to find it nullified by some stupid rule.....I QUIT !!

Dick <---rarely drinks before noon, unless faced with a lot of stress. (like this) :eek:

Second prize is.....I was impressed. Besides who cares about the rules:confused:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Since Dick was the first person to post a shot, that would make him on the A team. Since he fouled, it's now B's shot.;) I don't have any experience at 1 ball one-pocket, but I'll offer this shot from B's side:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAWg2PELU4Qcxp3Rchs4UAWg2USbq3UYMq2kELU4kBtc4kEOn4kcOf2kTOk2qQtF_________________________________________________________________________________________&&This_is_B's_turn...&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]
I guess Hendy would be one of Dick's partners, so after my B guys hash out a shot, it would be John's shot next...

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fatboy said:
Second prize is.....I was impressed. Besides who cares about the rules:confused:
It is true that the rules are ...... flexible.

So far only three for sure?
Me
Cowboy Dennis
Doc

We need at least one more to even this up before we start. I am ready to break -- I tried SHD's four-railer, but from the box, I could not blast the cue ball hard enough to get around -- of course since no one was looking, I might have pulled it off :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
It is true that the rules are ...... flexible.

So far only three for sure?
Me
Cowboy Dennis
Doc

We need at least one more to even this up. I am ready to break -- I tried SHD's four-railer, but from the box, I could not blast the cue ball hard enough to get around -- of course since no one was looking, I might have pulled it off :)

Flexible rules ??? I'm back in !

I have not yet mastered editing an existing WEI table, but I have mastered cheating. (JK) :cool:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

I have not yet mastered editing an existing WEI table, but I have mastered cheating. (JK) :cool:
WC FIELDS Anything Worth Having Is Worth Cheating For

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:

Dick, I'll take you for a partner as long as you know how to make this shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAOk1PDud4Qcpt3RcYs4UAOk7UQSM7UFnN8UMqW4Ucpu1kDud4kBEU4kCSm4kLgm4kLgm4kLgm4kMNj1qDmxYou_have_pocket_A_and_must_break_from_within_the_box,_and_have_to_drive_the_one_ball_to_at_least_one_cushion_beyond_the_one_it_is_now_frozen_to.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
SJDinPHX said:

Alright, that makes four, let's give it a shot! Looks the shooting order is:

I break to pocket "A"
Doc shoots next for pocket "B"
Dennis goes for pocket "A"
and Dick wraps it up no matter what Dennis leaves him :D (unless he forgets his pocket, lol)

Okay, here is my break -- I broke kind of soft with inside english, and got a little thinner hit than I had in mind, but I'm satisfied.

Doc, you are "on the clock" :D
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAGk1PBqf4QdOv3Rcps4UAGk4UbmN4UWtL1kBqf3kBdW3kFMk3kbHE3kWWW@4AWtL3PWWW4QdOv3Rcps@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
Alright, that makes four, let's give it a shot! Looks the shooting order is:

I break to pocket "A"
Doc shoots next for pocket "B"
Dennis goes for pocket "A"
and Dick wraps it up no matter what Dennis leaves him :D (unless he forgets his pocket, lol)

Okay, here is my break -- I broke kind of soft with inside english, and got a little thinner hit than I had in mind, but I'm satisfied.

Doc, you are "on the clock" :D
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAGk1PBqf4QdOv3Rcps4UAGk4UbmN4UWtL1kBqf3kBdW3kFMk3kbHE3kWWW@4AWtL3PWWW4QdOv3Rcps@[/CUETABLE]

Glad I got Doc, instead of one of you loser's... Kill, rape, and maim, Doc !

Do we get to talk over the optons,as in partners, or is this stupid "mum pool" ?