#Frustration.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

I’ve been thinking* about some three-cushion billiards matches I saw recently on POV. About how difficult that particular type of contest is.

Is there another game - - involving a cue ball and some object balls - - with a higher percentage of missed shots?

In my favorite game, one-pocket, I don’t include playing a safety nor purposely leaving a hanger as a miss. Although, come to think of it, maybe a ball not pocketed in one’s own pocket should actually be scored as a miss.

What about bank pool?

I don’t know how the percentage of made shots in banks compares to that in tripartite cushion billiards, but there certainly seems to be a lot of misses in both endeavors.

Snooker, 8-ball, rotation games … well, the vexation level just doesn’t seem to ratchet up quite so high, does it?

I’ve heard of golf on a snooker table, not exactly sure what it is.

Relying on the wisdom of crowds is my life,

Sunny

*P. S. (Yes, you louts, I can think! I’m not all yap, yap, yap. Not all the time, anyway. Okay … I do occasionally savor the sound of my own voice. So bite me. Gomers.)

P. P. S. Apropos of nada ... a former beau once told me that I had a fallen-angel smile. Was that a compliment? Just curious.

unoperro

Verified Member
P. P. S. Apropos of nada ... a former beau once told me that I had a fallen-angel smile. Was that a compliment? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Were you standing on your head naked when he made the compliment? If so it wasnt much of a compliment.:sorry

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Sunnyone; I'm getting to like you more and more! I understand You've has some issues with 3 Cushion instruction before. I'm here to tell you, I offer my services, (for instruction in 3C of course) and it's a " Tin Roof" to you, (on the house). All I'd like in return is my expenses paid, (Air fare, lodging and meals). I live in Cocoa Beach, FL. You've captivated my interest! If interested, PM me.

Now, to your questions. In the USA, the average 3C player makes, 0.50 billiards per inning, that means this level of players make a 3C billiard every other attempt at the table! NOTHING to brag about by ANY means!

The TOP players in the USA average between, 9.00 -1.40 3C billiards per inning, meaning, every attempt at the table yields TOP players make about one to one and half points per appearance at the table, this is NOT bad playing for the USA!

And to the, "crème da le crème," the BEST in the WORLD in continents like, Europe, South America and Asia, they average anywhere from 1.50 to 2.00! This is an astounding average for the TOP players, and the VERY, VERY BEST, always hover around the 2.00 mark! this has NEVER been heard of before in the history of 3 Cushion Billiards!

In the hay day of 3 Cushion in this country, Willie Hoppe was considered the BEST player for more than 25 years! Hoppe's GRAND LIFETIME AVEGRAGE was, 1.16! Granted the playing conditions were NOT the same as the, "Modern" game. I'm sure if Hoppe were to play on todays equipment, His average would have risen to meet his opponents!

So, Sunny, when you watch 3 Cushion again and if you have the opportunity go to and sign-up at, http://kozoom.com they are the premier LIVE streaming organization for world cue sports! Then, You'll have an REAL idea of how the game of 3 Cushion Billiards should be played!

I think, "Bank pool" and "3 Cushion" have MANY similarities, obviously banking a ball to a specific pocket or area and controlling the CB for the next shot, (position) in certain instances. This is ONE of the MAIN reasons I feel 3C is more difficult than pocket billiards! The control of ALL 3 balls in the 3C! I've really never paid too close attention to what the percentages were RE: bank pool misses. I'm NOT qualified to answer that question, too bad Freddy's not around to reply. Maybe John B. has some idea about the answer. RE: 3C!I hope in some small way I've cleared things up for you

Last edited: