2006 Open?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Have dates/locale been set for the 2006 US 1pocket Open?

Lou Figueroa

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
A few weeks ago, I heard the promoters are trying to negotiate with another Las Vegas hotel to accomodate the one pocket/BCA event since deal with the Plaza went sour.

Martin

lfigueroa said:
Have dates/locale been set for the 2006 US 1pocket Open?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

bells

From
joe thomas country.........
open back in michigan

open back in michigan

they need to bring the open back to michigan....................i loved going to that event. there was always tons of people and great one pocket......................................

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
bells said:
they need to bring the open back to michigan....................i loved going to that event. there was always tons of people and great one pocket......................................

I went to that tournament in '98-'99...nice room, no food or booze though. Kinna far from home too but the Billiard Playground was a fun time.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I must admitt, having played in the Kalamazoo event for four years and then Vegas last year, that I prefer Kalamazoo. It was very cool and Matt put on a great event. I would like to see it return there, but I suppose that is more than unlikely. I think Mark will eventually turn his version of the event into something special.

Lou Figueroa

Voodoo Daddy said:
I went to that tournament in '98-'99...nice room, no food or booze though. Kinna far from home too but the Billiard Playground was a fun time.

Last edited:

one and stop

Verified Member
Kalamazoo YES YES YES

Kalamazoo YES YES YES

The upper midwest needs more one pocket tournaments. Having been to the Kalamazoo tournaments, I must agree that this would be a great place to come back and enjoy the action. To Florida, I don't need Booze to enjoy and bet on Pool.

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
one and stop said:
The upper midwest needs more one pocket tournaments. Having been to the Kalamazoo tournaments, I must agree that this would be a great place to come back and enjoy the action. To Florida, I don't need Booze to enjoy and bet on Pool.

HAHAHAHA...me either but the guy I was with sure missed the booze, HAHAHAHAHA

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Voodoo Daddy said:

Voodoo, Gotta correct you here....I played in the open every year, and as you said, there was no booze at the Billiards Playground, but they sure did have food - they had a grill area with 5 booths and they made a great 1/2 lb. burger - I ate quite a few of them......And as others have said, I do miss that tournament, it was great - too bad Matt couldn't get some decent sponsorship for the tournament so he could have kept it going. Ghost

Last edited: