Truman's Bank Pool Tournament, Looavull

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
1st. Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 28 & 29 i believe it is. 64 players, no pro players allowed, Calcutta. tune up now. Bank Shot Billiards, Louisville, ky. pool room opens at 11am on Saturday, tourney begins around 0200 pm.:frus

keoneyo

Verified Member
Im curious to know. How easy is it to get a full field of 64 non pros? Why bar the pros? Why not a handicap? Or are there enough tournaments for pros to compete?
The only reason I ask is in my area we havent had a bank tournament for over 10 years and you couldnt have one today.

oldroller

Verified Member
Don't

Don't

know about all pros but Truman don't allow JB fer sum reason.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
1st. Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 28 & 29 i believe it is. 64 players, no pro players allowed, Calcutta. tune up now. Bank Shot Billiards, Louisville, ky. pool room opens at 11am on Saturday, tourney begins around 0200 pm.:frus

Reading the title of this thread reminds me of when I interviewed Truman Hogue for his induction into the Bank Pool HOF. When I asked where he grew up he said Loovle (in one syllable, I swear to God). I had to ask him to repeat it a couple times and then spell it before I realized he was talking about the city that I thought had three syllables, "Louisville". I am sure he was thinking, "damn yankee" lol

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Entry

Entry

do you have to show up the day before, or can you just walk in and enter? Anyone got a number for the pool room? Might be a nice tune up prior to Derby Banks....

B

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
bank pool

bank pool

Short rack, handicapped, races to 19 balls if you are an AA PLAYER down to 10-11 balls if a C player. Call bank shot, to see about sign up. DOUBLE ELIMINATION 40.00 entry fee, pays pretty good with calcutta.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
going on now

going on now

Proper pronunciation: Loo-uh-vull.

I hit a scratch gear against my friend Greg Sullivan, and got punished for my scratching, lost to him, Played a very good match against my friend Clay from this board, won that match, never scratched never fouled, played very good. Won that match.
then lost to a b player giving him 3 balls, however on a bright note i did buy Louie Demarco in the blind bid in the Calcutta, so still got a chance to make some dough. Almost didn't play was sick all day yesterday, didn't get out of bed til 0100 pm, light case of food poisoning.

shw

Verified Member
Truman's Bank Tourney..

Truman's Bank Tourney..

Played a very good match against my friend Clay from this board, won that match, never scratched never fouled, played very good. Won that match.

Clay here..... Yep Big Jim, that was a fine display of bank pool ability. you made banks from everywhere. one railers. two railers. banks through openings a ball and quarter wide! Good defense. basically no mistakes. A damn strong match. I certainly couldn't slow you down. After that whuppin', I may have to go back to bar table 8 ball. Still, I had fun playin' and talkin' with you even if you did beat me to death.

Also, Bank Shot Billiards and Truman run a pretty good tourney. Started on time. Ran smooth and pretty quickly. Decent food and drinks. All, or at least most, of the players were friendly and well behaved. Overall, a good tourney.

see you at the Derby.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
finals

finals

I went back Sun. nite to watch the finals, ronald Grant, aka Blood, came in second, and JT finished first, dont' know his last name. JT had earlier defeated Demarco who was probably the best player in the tournament. This tourney paid pretty good, 2160.00 for first place, 1550.00 for second. 700 for third place finish.