One Pocket Tournament @ Red Shoes Billiards (Illinois) 8/16/2014

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday August, 16th 2014. This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field), Double Elimination (3/2), one day ("IRON MAN") event. For additional information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com) Sign-up...12:00 PM (noon)

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
I believe the last one was won by Ike Runnels with Mike Eck coming in 2nd. I don't think there's been another one since then.

u12armresl

Verified Member
John, what time will doors open, and if you are playing, does that entitle you to practice time on the tables?

Thanks, see you Saturday.

Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday August, 16th 2014. This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field), Double Elimination (3/2), one day ("IRON MAN") event. For additional information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com) Sign-up...12:00 PM (noon)

u12armresl

Verified Member
Anyone?

what time will doors open, and if you are playing in the tournament, does that entitle you to practice time on the tables?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Anyone?

what time will doors open, and if you are playing in the tournament, does that entitle you to practice time on the tables?

Darren....the reason that John hasn't responded to you is because he's out of town/off the computer this week...I do know that Red Shes opens at 11:00 a.m.

- Ghost

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
I'm back....I get to the pool room at the crack of dawn on tournament days... official OPENING TIME is 11:00 AM...I have no problem with guys who get there @ 10:30 AM (any earlier YOUR IN THE WAY...LOL). As far as "practice/warm-up time" for tournament players there is NO CHARGE (free). During the "PLAYERS MEETING" I explain the "practice policy". #1. you are free to practice on any "open table" while you are in the tournament. #2. If anybody joins you...THEY ARE ON THE CLOCK. #3, If you get knocked out of the tournament...YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK. I have seen "player's" friends/family think that they can play for free because they have a "player" in the tournament...or..."players" who get knocked out of the tournament @ 9:00 PM, play pool against a customer until 3:00 AM and try to "hit the door" without paying his portion of table time, using the logic of "I was in the TOURNAMENT". See "yall" on Saturday....REMEMBER.. sign-up 12:00 PM (noon).

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'm back....I get to the pool room at the crack of dawn on tournament days... official OPENING TIME is 11:00 AM...I have no problem with guys who get there @ 10:30 AM (any earlier YOUR IN THE WAY...LOL). As far as "practice/warm-up time" for tournament players there is NO CHARGE (free). During the "PLAYERS MEETING" I explain the "practice policy". #1. you are free to practice on any "open table" while you are in the tournament. #2. If anybody joins you...THEY ARE ON THE CLOCK. #3, If you get knocked out of the tournament...YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK. I have seen "player's" friends/family think that they can play for free because they have a "player" in the tournament...or..."players" who get knocked out of the tournament @ 9:00 PM, play pool against a customer until 3:00 AM and try to "hit the door" without paying his portion of table time, using the logic of "I was in the TOURNAMENT". See "yall" on Saturday....REMEMBER.. sign-up 12:00 PM (noon).

Seems like a fair policy. We have guys that play in the one pocket and nine ball tournaments that will hit balls when they are knocked out on any open table in the tournament room until the tournament is over, usually 2 to 4 am in the one pocket and 8 to 10pm in the 9 ball.

If I made it to the hot seat, it was usually a 2/3 hour wait and I would sit around and BS, watch the other matches and maybe eat something and have a beer. Now I hit balls on and off during the wait. Guess who won the last two one pocket tournaments.:D

Love your room and hope to make it back again sometime.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
jrhendy...Do you mean at your place, that once "I" play in a ONE POCKET or 9 BALL tournament...."I" am clear on table time for that day???

There are eight tables in the tournament room. They don't usually rent them out while a tournament is going on, and as the tournament winds down those tables are open for practice by the remaining players. There are a few who are knocked out that practice by themselves for hours. The tournament director allows this as long as they are courteous and do not interfere with any matches.

If they make a game with another player, and there is a table away from the streaming table, they go on table time.

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
I will see tonight when I get to work "IF" #1...somebody has a cell phone with a camera and access ONEPOCKET.ORG for posting #2...see if any of my very able staff has erased the TOURNAMENT BOARD yet? It was not erased as of last night. I think we are "AOK" on #2. because that would require somebody to do some actual WORK...and we wouldn't want that to happen. When I get a phone call asking "how many people WORK at Red Shoes Billiards"?...my answer is "ABOUT HALF"!