Re: Nw WEI

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Re: Nw WEI

Ihave a few problems with the wei3d...

1 The edges of the balls are all pixellated.
2 The page loads REALLY slow
3 I just downloaded complete Java ugrade, and balls remain pixellated
4 Looks less clear to me than the WEI currently does, the airplane view WEI you can tell exactly what's going on, what passes,

I realize my computers performance may affect the operation of the 'signifigantly higher kilobyte' 3d version, however when it 'works,' the lack of clarity takes away from walking aroud the table. The way I aim it really kills me to have a non-round ball!!!

Does anyone out there with a known strong computer have similar issues?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
newfosgatesucks said:
Ihave a few problems with the wei3d...

1 The edges of the balls are all pixellated.
2 The page loads REALLY slow
3 I just downloaded complete Java ugrade, and balls remain pixellated
4 Looks less clear to me than the WEI currently does, the airplane view WEI you can tell exactly what's going on, what passes,

I realize my computers performance may affect the operation of the 'signifigantly higher kilobyte' 3d version, however when it 'works,' the lack of clarity takes away from walking aroud the table. The way I aim it really kills me to have a non-round ball!!!

Does anyone out there with a known strong computer have similar issues?

I've noticed that when you use the "up" arrow to zoom in, the balls become clearer. My computer is one year old and I don't know that much about it.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
What are you guys talking about? Is there a new 3-d version of the Cuetable (Wei)? I looked here and on Cuetable.com and did not see it. Where is it?

Thanks.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
iusedtoberich said:
What are you guys talking about? Is there a new 3-d version of the Cuetable (Wei)? I looked here and on Cuetable.com and did not see it. Where is it?

Thanks.

Yes there is but we can only post a link to it right now. Check out the thread "What Would You Do #212" and you'll see the link in Skin's post. It takes you to the 3d table of the layout.

I know nothing else about it right now.

Skin

Verified Member
The 3D WEI is a beta (trial) version of a program they are working on. They want input at the home site, so if you have anything to pass along to them, you can write them here.

http://pool.bz/blogs/houseman/2-3dcuetable-work-progress.html

Personally, I like the 3D tabel a lot. My only beef is when going right or left, the table seems to swing on a virtual arc instead of moving across in a plane parallel to the screen.

Skin

Last edited: