Possible Journal Entries - Any Interest?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi All,

I finally got to read some of the Journal entries and really enjoyed them. I am trying to think of some unique entries for everyone's enjoyment and got to thinking about what my wife wrote re: our trip to Australia from late 2000 to May 2001, including side trips outside Australia. We entitled them "Life is Good". I found 5 of 6 installments and after rereading them last week I got the idea to post them in the Journal section to contribute (she's a good writer). We emailed these to our friends during our trip.

If there is interest I would be happy to start a Life is Good Journal thread and post them in sequence, just not sure if there would be interest. Please let me know.

To keep this pool related, I did befriend a snooker cue maker by the name of Peter Handley, who made me a snooker cue in exchange for one of the cues I brought with me. It's the coolest souvenir ever!

Thanks,
Dave

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Dave I would certainly be interested. These journal entries do not always have to be pool related.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Absolutely! 12squared has a great entry today in the journal section. Claims his name is Gross, and hence his moniker on this site. He and his wife have quit their jobs and are going traveling. Good on you both, Dave. Have a fine time. Don't forget to post updates as you go. That's what the journals are for.

Best to you
Bill :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok guys, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Yes, keep it going!! BTW, you know you can include photos in your posts? Either by uploading directly (but they cannot be too big in terms of file size), or by linking to them if you already have them posted elsewhere.

This is an example of linked -- using the little photo icon in the tool bar (square yellowish box with mountain and moon or sun).

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dave i have enjoyed resding yours and all the other journal entrires
there must be at least 20,000 views of all the threads startedso people are reading them and speaking for myself enjoying them whether they are pool related or not
:)
it was a ballsy decision to make and carry out
i am jealous....:D
wish i would have done something like that

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Absolutely! 12squared has a great entry today in the journal section. Claims his name is Gross, and hence his moniker on this site. He and his wife have quit their jobs and are going traveling. Good on you both, Dave. Have a fine time. Don't forget to post updates as you go. That's what the journals are for.

Best to you
Bill :)

Thanks Bill, but this was 16+ years ago, just sharing our adventure with my new friends. And yes, my last name is Gross and the reason I chose "12squared" as my AZB and 1pocket.org name (12 dozen (12squared) = 1 gross. :)

I will be posting the next edition of Life is Good maybe tomorrow, it gets better.

Steve - I'll think about pictures but this was before digital so I would have to scan some if appropriate, so let me think about that.

Doc and Larry - It was a little ballsy, but it helped that we did well on our house in San Jose ~ the best investment we ever made that was pure luck; and the fact we have no children also made it easier. And with the housing market in Ft. Collins, we did well in the exchange. And yes, we got jobs and lived happily ever after, although I am retired now but Di is still working for a couple years more. Although she's threatening. :)

Thanks for reading this stuff, as mentioned, more to come. We will continue looking for the 6th and final edition, but for now it's lost.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
For those of you that were following our travels 2000-2001, I lost my patience and posted all 5 "Life is Good" emails we could find, trying to find our last one. It's a lot to read so please take your time, no hurry.

It was a pretty cool trip I must say. Thanks for your interest.

Dave

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
For those of you that were following our travels 2000-2001, I lost my patience and posted all 5 "Life is Good" emails we could find, trying to find our last one. It's a lot to read so please take your time, no hurry.

It was a pretty cool trip I must say. Thanks for your interest.

Dave

What a great read from both of you.

I really wish you two wrote more of your experience. I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
What a great read from both of you.

I really wish you two wrote more of your experience. I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks

Thank you, Steve. My wife's a good writer! But the important question is when are you coming out w/your book on The Rack and all their characters???? :)

Dave