Smorg re Annigoni

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Are u kiddingq

Are u kiddingq

gulfportdoc said:
Did Annigoni get into any 1P action while he was in Tampa? Did the Tubster sweat, or bet? :cool:

Doc

Tony does not play 1p, he hates the game and he has told me that many times over the years. Don't know exactly wny but I would guess he does not have the patience and it is too slow.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
suki said:
Tony does not play 1p, he hates the game and he has told me that many times over the years. Don't know exactly wny but I would guess he does not have the patience and it is too slow.
OHHHHHHHHHH, he would play if he knew the, Tubster. Right, Doc? LOL.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Naaahh!

Naaahh!

hemicudas said:
OHHHHHHHHHH, he would play if he knew the, Tubster. Right, Doc? LOL.

I doubt it Bill. I think Tony would have to think twice about facing the Big Chief across that Gabriels. Why, people come from 3 counties just to observe the Tubster's shot selection... Actually I had mentioned 1P just to be in keeping with the forum's main subject matter.

Doc

yobagua

Which makes me wonder why that writer wrote about being on the road with Annigoni. (Playing on the Rail) A worthy road player must be able to play one hole! IMO! This is where true drama comes from.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
yobagua said:
Which makes me wonder why that writer wrote about being on the road with Annigoni. (Playing on the Rail) A worthy road player must be able to play one hole! IMO! This is where true drama comes from.
Amen, Yo. In days of yore, you could make it just playing bar box but that action has been dead for years. That's another reason I believe the greatest road team in history was Ronnie and Keith. What game wasn't covered? Golf, anyone?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
TONY & ONE POCKET

TONY & ONE POCKET

Troy said:
Nope, not a chance...
As Suki said, Tony HATES 1-Pocket.

Troy
He might not like it, but don't think he can't play it some. Troy, I think you know how I played, and I had all I could handle with Tony when I first came up here several years ago. He grew up playing in the city & plays all games pretty well. When I was writing for Cue sports Journal I included him as one of the best all around players in the Bay Area. Fillipino Gene was on that list too.

Troy

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
You're correct John, and yes, I do know how you played and still play.
Tony can play any game, but his dislike of 1-Pocket is almost legendary... :)
Fillipino Gene is another story -- the last I knew he still shoots very sporty.

Troy
jrhendy said:
He might not like it, but don't think he can't play it some. Troy, I think you know how I played, and I had all I could handle with Tony when I first came up here several years ago. He grew up playing in the city & plays all games pretty well. When I was writing for Cue sports Journal I included him as one of the best all around players in the Bay Area. Fillipino Gene was on that list too.

justnick

Tony Annigoni met Buddy Hall in the finals of the monthly nineball tournament this past Sunday and split the money.

You forgot to mention,Tony only split the money becouse buddy's back was hurting him ...

Last edited:

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Woops

Woops

hemicudas said:
Be careful, Suki. You are knocking, Doc's actiion, LOL.

I should have put 2 & 2 together. Oh well if "Doc" ever comes back to California I will give him action. lol

titanic jerry

Verified Member
get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Seattle when C.J. Wiley lost $20,000 to Luat and BEAT Efren with 3 or 4 on the wire for $10,00, Harry Platis asked Annigoni to play some one hole and Annigoni asked for a ball. Tony Annigoni is no one pocket player.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
titanic jerry said:
In Seattle when C.J. Wiley lost $20,000 to Luat and BEAT Efren with 3 or 4 on the wire for $10,00, Harry Platis asked Annigoni to play some one hole and Annigoni asked for a ball. Tony Annigoni is no one pocket player.
Jerry, I believe, Smorg, would want weight from, Harry, too, LOL. But seriously, Jerry, isn't, Harry, playing better one pocket all the time now? I understand he is not the big score OP sucker he once might have been.

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
hemicudas said:
Jerry, I believe, Smorg, would want weight from, Harry, too, LOL. But seriously, Jerry, isn't, Harry, playing better one pocket all the time now? I understand he is not the big score OP sucker he once might have been.

You are right about that $Bill. There used to be a string of players that would follow Harry to the pool room, not any more. His game has improved a bunch. He is also tough to beat at bankpool. The action in Seattle has faded a bit though. It seems that the players are moving towards poker.

Lunchmoney

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Asking For A Ball

Asking For A Ball

titanic jerry said:
That doesn't mean Harry plays better. Per the previous posts, Tony doesn't like one pocket, but I can't believe he needs weight from Harry, even though I know Harry plays better now. Years ago I was giving a guy 9 to 7 before I found out he played as good as I did, except he couldn't play unless he had the nuts. He told me the way he learned to match up in Springfield, MO was to get at least one more ball than you needed - and then one more in case they got lucky.

Mark Tademy

Suspended
From
Salt Lake City
hemicudas said:

The first time I played Harry we played 10 to 6 and he didn't move too bad but he was real careful about shootin at his hole. The second time we played we played games to 25 balls respot with Harry only needing 10 he quit after two games. I ran like 15 or sixteen out the second game. I miss some of the games

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Mark Tademy said:
The first time I played Harry we played 10 to 6 and he didn't move too bad but he was real careful about shootin at his hole. The second time we played we played games to 25 balls respot with Harry only needing 10 he quit after two games. I ran like 15 or sixteen out the second game. I miss some of the games
Mark, you and I played golf on a 6 x 12 with pool balls in a room in Salt lake called the Farmers Daughter many years ago. Then you brought a guy out who was playing cards in the back and he and I played all night. You were just a kid then but hit them pretty good. You lost at golf but beat me playing one pocket as I recall.