'Mika the Magnificent!' + what's the pettiest sharking you've seen?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Speaking of 3-cushion and sharking, here is my favorite done to me:

I was gambling with the room owner for like $300/game in the middle of california somewhere after hours. I was with my friend/partner. The billiard table was in the back and the only thing separating the back room from the parking lot was a wall full of glass. My friend and I were sitting along the wall facing the lit parking lot while the owner was at the table. It was late and the last 2 people (young man and young woman) left and were walking to their car. The woman looked at us and lifted her top and started bouncing her ample breast up and down. (I thought I was in a Frank Zappa video)

My friend and I just looked at each other and I mentioned to the room owner that he had some loyal friends. We won $900 total and a memory!

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Speaking of 3-cushion and sharking, here is my favorite done to me:

I was gambling with the room owner for like $300/game in the middle of california somewhere after hours. I was with my friend/partner. The billiard table was in the back and the only thing separating the back room from the parking lot was a wall full of glass. My friend and I were sitting along the wall facing the lit parking lot while the owner was at the table. It was late and the last 2 people (young man and young woman) left and were walking to their car. The woman looked at us and lifted her top and started bouncing her ample breast up and down. (I thought I was in a Frank Zappa video)

My friend and I just looked at each other and I mentioned to the room owner that he had some loyal friends. We won $900 total and a memory!

Lucky dog.
I said 'pettiest' sharking. Not 'prettiest'.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
'Mika the Magnificent!' + what's the pettiest sharking you've seen?

About 15 years ago I️ was at a bar in OCMD called the Green Turtle with my then girlfriend (now my wife). Playing a guy and his girlfriend is pretty drunk, and good looking in a tight shirt and a skirt. We were playing cheap. I️ cleared my balls and got straight in on the 8 for the game winner. Before I️ could shoot, the guys girlfriend (facing the other way) throws her leg up over the pocket, bends over, lifts her skirt, and pulls the remaining threads wayyy to the side, showing me (and unfortunately my wife) absolutely everything we could handle. I️ missed the shot 😳.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
About 15 years ago I️ was at a bar in OCMD called the Green Turtle with my then girlfriend (now my wife). Playing a guy and his girlfriend is pretty drunk, and good looking in a tight shirt and a skirt. We were playing cheap. I️ cleared my balls and got straight in on the 8 for the game winner. Before I️ could shoot, the guys girlfriend (facing the other way) throws her leg up over the pocket, bends over, lifts her skirt, and pulls the remaining threads wayyy to the side, showing me (and unfortunately my wife) absolutely everything we could handle. I️ missed the shot 😳.

hahaha - that's what happens when tables play wet. ouch

Dead Empty

That's called...

That's called...

the worst i ever have ever seen of pettiest sharking or crap was when i was having a tough time beating this guy at nine ball. it would be a good score and i couldnt get over the hump with him as he was hitting extra good that day.

so i called a foul saying he touched the cue ball while lining up his shot. of course he didnt but i argued for a few minutes and finally agreed to do the rack over and give him a break.

naturally he was so steaming he couldnt shoot anymore and the money was a gift.

oh how terrible i felt taking all his money his stole from somebody.

That's called "roughing him up". A guy I used to travel with was playing a world champion's son. I left with the guy's girl friend. My friend won a ton. She was hot, I was bored, it wasn't intentional from a roughing up standpoint. However, if done intentionally I could see where it would be effective.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Bet you guys didn't know that besides being a master-cuist, Mika also excels at sleight of hand.
Notice the classic chalk-tapping misdirection before making Corey's chalk DISAPPEAR! He even looks to do an extra little kick to make sure it's good and hidden. A good magician never reveals his secrets.

What's the pettiest crap you've seen on a pool table?

I played in a lot of bars in East Texas in the 60’s. There was all kinds of sharking and intimidation. I would spit in the chalk my opponent was using. When he put the chalk down to shoot I would pick up the wet chalk and replace it with dry chalk. I would do this several times. Never found out why he miscued or the hit was off. I won often and always bought the house a beer when I left. It soothed a lot of wounds. Never had a problem.