another one .what to do??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you have pocket A
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Fanatic

Verified Member
Ugh...lll....where do you get these layouts from :eek:
I'd probably change the scenery here by using the ten and banking it into the cluster (13 ball); leaving the qball on the rail...they favor my side...that's all I can think of doing ... sorry can't post the table :(
XOXO

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fanatic said:
Ugh...lll....where do you get these layouts from :eek:
I'd probably change the scenery here by using the ten and banking it into the cluster (13 ball); leaving the qball on the rail...they favor my side...that's all I can think of doing ... sorry can't post the table :(
XOXO

Don't mess with the cluster Fanny, they all favor your pocket. Knock the 10 up-table on your side, and don't let him see it. Put the cue ball as near to his pocket as you can.

PS..Don't feel bad about being WEI-less...I doubt if Bill Gates would have the patience required to jump through all the hoops, now necessary....:eek:

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Don't move anything. Take a scratch and go to the head rail and then up to the second diamond on the long rail. He isn't likely to try the cut shot on the 15, as there would be no way to play shape. The cueball might go right back to where you left it.

Even better, if you can pull it off - kick off the head rail and get in behind the 1 and 5. It's not as touchy as it looks. A gentle hit on either ball would not be serious.

Don't call us - we'll call you. :eek:

Fanatic

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Don't mess with the cluster Fanny, they all favor your pocket. Knock the 10 up-table on your side, and don't let him see it. Put the cue ball as near to his pocket as you can.

So I would cross the 10....Much better option... I like where your leaving the qball...didn't think of that ...thxs.
XOXO

P.S---I saw your other post...thank you:)

timdog24

Verified Member
lll said:
you have pocket A
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

I think I'd leave those four balls that are all pointing towards my hole alone. They go for me and not for my opponent. Can you cut the 10 towards your pocket and send the cue ball two rails down table. Your opponent would have a tough shot with no reward on the 15, where he gets one or sells out the game. Or he'd have to deal with the 10 near my hole and hopefully leave me some return bank, better move, etc..

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
Don't move anything. Take a scratch and go to the head rail and then up to the second diamond on the long rail. He isn't likely to try the cut shot on the 15, as there would be no way to play shape. The cueball might go right back to where you left it.

Even better, if you can pull it off - kick off the head rail and get in behind the 1 and 5. It's not as touchy as it looks. A gentle hit on either ball would not be serious.

Careful V-man...If you wasted a ball doing that, I would just cut the 15 towards my hole, and put you on the side rail behind the cluster...:eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Roll down and see what happens next.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DITW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4XIcW4XHVe4cGPp4cFJw4gDWH4gCpN4kOYH4kJRP2kbik2kWbh@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
SJDinPHX said:
Careful V-man...If you wasted a ball doing that, I would just cut the 15 towards my hole, and put you on the side rail behind the cluster...:eek:

I assume you mean the 10, but I like my shot better. I don't often dispute you grizzled ol' grizzlies, but it looks to me like you might offer the man a choice of banks. Maybe we'll get a consensus here. :D

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
SJDinPHX said:

PS..Don't feel bad about being WEI-less...I doubt if Bill Gates would have the patience required to jump through all the hoops, now necessary....:eek:

That's the shot I like.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I say Tim's shot is best - for all of the reasons he stated, and also for one more possible component to his shot, that he slept...if you really juice up whitey, you have a good chance of snapping out of the corner and caroming into the outside of the 15, sending it over to your side, whitey deflecting up-table - and thus removing his only makeable ball....:cool:

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
I say Tim's shot is best - for all of the reasons he stated, and also for one more possible component to his shot, that he slept...if you really juice up whitey, you have a good chance of snapping out of the corner and caroming into the outside of the 15, sending it over to your side, whitey deflecting up-table - and thus removing his only makeable ball....:cool:

- Ghost
I agree, the position is too strong for player A, you must challenge player B to do something half difficult, with little reward.:eek: It looks like the angle offered on this shot lays good for Tim's shot, and his upside justifies the possible return shot on the 15 ball.

Billy I.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Why not just cut the 10ball close to your hole -- it won't go, but it sure should lay up nice and close:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eTYk4eXhg4kOYH4kJsH3kEni3kaYa3kaYP@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
This looks doable so I think I'll force the issue a little bit here. Those four balls lined up for my hole aren't going to stay there long if he has a shot at them. Moving the 4 over takes away the safety on my long rail from him, too. He's in a tought spot behind the 1 & 5, especilly if I get the cb frozen up on one of them or the rail.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4XIcW3XbHH4XaAk4kOYH4kLFS2kJEl3kawj@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:
This looks doable so I think I'll force the issue a little bit here. Those four balls lined up for my hole aren't going to stay there long if he has a shot at them. Moving the 4 over takes away the safety on my long rail from him, too. He's in a tought spot behind the 1 & 5, especilly if I get the cb frozen up on one of them or the rail.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4XIcW3XbHH4XaAk4kOYH4kLFS2kJEl3kawj@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Very good shot. If you execute it you have him in trouble.;)
Rod.
PS, I like your thinking.

SUPERSTAR

What's the actual score in balls between pocket A and the other guy? EDIT: Just saw the balls on the bottom rail representing the score. Sorry.

Any particular reason you'd want to leave everything down table?

Because if you force them to take a flyer bank on the 13, and they actually connect, goofy things can happen.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:

Skin

That's a very good shot Skin, I didn't see it. You have a large area where the cueball can hit and still be good.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SUPERSTAR said:
Any particular reason you'd want to leave everything down table?

The balls strongly favor pocket A. Because only two balls go in his pocket. You have to make a terrible shot to leave him one of them. You're right a bank could be made but you'd still have to break the cluster to get a chance to make more and would chance giving up the game if you missed.
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this came from winning 1p. i dont know how to weii it but the concept to show a situation where a legal jump shot (using your normal q) might be a shot option.
if you jump over the line up of balls and hit the 15 to bank it towards your hole and leave the q behind the row of balls would be one helluva (circus) shot
personally i like skins shot

to maybe keep this thread going (although for probably not much longer)
do any of you ever consider jumping balls as an option in 1p.
how about when the q hits the object ball first and then jumps over a blocker?