Jimmy Reid update

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Talked to Jimmy Reid for about an hour yesterday. He still cant eat anything, he still has a bad infection in his stomach and he is still not healthy yet. However, he is still alive, and has no more cancer. Also, he still has his famous sense of humor. He was telling me that an unnamed, newly-reformed old-timer, famous for traps, dumps and treachery, told Jimmy that he would "pray" for him. Jimmy objected saying, "Wait a minute, I ain't so sure about how good you stand with the man upstairs. Maybe I'd be better off if you prayed for the cancer!"

One small snitch: While cutting up jackpots, Jimmy reminisced about when he beat Richie Florence in Detroit playing 10 ball. They played for 72 hrs and it was a good score, but Jimmy multiplied it (as us old timers are wont to do) by 10x. I finally said, "Jimmy, you do remember that I was staying with you and Barbara at the time and watched the whole match?" I even once wrote about the end of the match, whereby he made Barbara, after 3 days of sweating, go to the store to get groceries and make her cook us breakfast rather than go out and eat. He was legendary "eye-candy" for the girls, but definitely not a day at the beach. I suppose it would be redundant to tell the Florida orange and the five-ball-on-the-dresser story. He was also credited with the Mike Sigel story about Sigel bragging so much about his pool knowledge that he put "N -one" on his licence plate. Jimmy, you are still the greatest and I will pray for you --- carefully.

the Beard