one pocket for life

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
So I'm so out of stroke and sleep deprived its pathetic. I left work at the poolroom feeling like a battered old man 2day...overheated my car, and broke down....

Made it back to the pool room to see a gentleman from out of state asking for
some twinkie action...

All I can say, is the worse you feel and play, has NOTHING to do with winning. It all comes down to playing smart. I got up, then upped, then raced, and emerged victorious, and it taught me a lesson, that in this game, the most beloved gift of the pool gods, know your limits, know your bounds. When you're in stroke push them. But when you have had life beat you down and take your stroke, your bankroll, and your confidence, be safe, and super safe aggressive....

All you have left when you are stripped down to the bare man you are, is your heart, and since thats all you got, put it out there and play for it. And when you're down 6 to -2 you can torture someone. Which is, by the way, the purpose of this game, to torture...lol

Following is the most important thing I ever learned about pool, which is entirely self taught, so here goes :
You cant sum up the theory of One-crack in one sentence or statement - it is a FIGHT between two, and your ability to discern the balance needed in each situation between these determines your long term W/L record :

The Fear of Defeat ONLY CONTRIBUTES to the lack of success...(Put your balls into it)...So shoot to win....

And 2ndly, I know a safe guy. My brother, the sorry guy, cant go back and undo a thing. Hes dead. So dont be sorry. you cant rewind a bullet, you cant rewind a pool shot.

We are all who we are, plus the things we learn from others. I posted a while back Squeeze remedy - I had a freakin torture artist puttin me to sleep, so I played him and when I finally out patienced him, patience became more inherent to my game, and I chalk tonight up to stickin in for that. So anyone that avoids a match, or a player, due to his tactics, his nature, etc, has missed an opportunity to learn more in one way or another. Get up there and knock em down. If you got the heart.

And if you do Ill need 10-6:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
newfosgatesucks said:
So I'm so out of stroke and sleep deprived its pathetic. I left work at the poolroom feeling like a battered old man 2day...overheated my car, and broke down....

Made it back to the pool room to see a gentleman from out of state asking for
some twinkie action...

All I can say, is the worse you feel and play, has NOTHING to do with winning. It all comes down to playing smart. I got up, then upped, then raced, and emerged victorious, and it taught me a lesson, that in this game, the most beloved gift of the pool gods, know your limits, know your bounds. When you're in stroke push them. But when you have had life beat you down and take your stroke, your bankroll, and your confidence, be safe, and super safe aggressive....

All you have left when you are stripped down to the bare man you are, is your heart, and since thats all you got, put it out there and play for it. And when you're down 6 to -2 you can torture someone. Which is, by the way, the purpose of this game, to torture...lol

Following is the most important thing I ever learned about pool, which is entirely self taught, so here goes :
You cant sum up the theory of One-crack in one sentence or statement - it is a FIGHT between two, and your ability to discern the balance needed in each situation between these determines your long term W/L record :

The Fear of Defeat ONLY CONTRIBUTES to the lack of success...(Put your balls into it)...So shoot to win....

And 2ndly, I know a safe guy. My brother, the sorry guy, cant go back and undo a thing. Hes dead. So dont be sorry. you cant rewind a bullet, you cant rewind a pool shot.

We are all who we are, plus the things we learn from others. I posted a while back Squeeze remedy - I had a freakin torture artist puttin me to sleep, so I played him and when I finally out patienced him, patience became more inherent to my game, and I chalk tonight up to stickin in for that. So anyone that avoids a match, or a player, due to his tactics, his nature, etc, has missed an opportunity to learn more in one way or another. Get up there and knock em down. If you got the heart.

And if you do Ill need 10-6:D

Good job.
Thats basically the same advice I give" toughen up"
Rod.