BANKS Tournament on DIAMOND 10 FT PRO-AMS at Southern Classic Tunica, MS

FASTEJ

www.payorplaypool.com

$1000 guaranteed 1st place

ALL ENTRY FEES WILL GO TOWARDS PRIZE FUND FOR THIS EVENT!!!

PAYOUTS WITH FULL BRACKET
1ST $1000
2ND $500
3RD/4TH $250
5TH-8TH $100

KAMUI PAY OR PLAY
BANKS TOURNAMENT

Level----------Round of-----------Entry Fee
1-------------------512--------------$5
2-------------------256--------------$10
3-------------------128--------------$20
4--------------------64--------------$40
5--------------------32--------------$80
6--------------------16--------------$160
7-------------8 (Quarter-final)---Loser 5th-8th
8-------------4 (Semi-final)------Loser 3rd/4th
9---------------2 (Final)------- Loser 2nd Winner 1st

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm a kinda slow and all so...

I'm a kinda slow and all so...

Could someone help explain this tourny format to me? I've read it about 4 times and still don't understand any of it.Thanks,John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Now they have tournaments on 5 x 10's. :frus Now that I am 71. "Way back when," I could play myself 10 to 8 playing 1pkt on a 5 x 10 over a 4 1/2 x 9, and 8 to 7 playing bank pool.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here is the explanation of how it works: http://www.payorplaypool.com/tournament-format.html But it'll take several readings to figure it all out.

I hope FastEJ will explain further how this is going to work. It's single elimination with buybacks, only different from the DCC type format. I don't know how many players he's expecting. A lot of it will depend upon how many 10' tables will be available. If there are only 1 or 2, e.g., the tournament might last for days.

Presumably this is a legitimate tournament, and not just publicity for Kamui. Reading through the rules however causes me to expect lots of confusion, and probably collusion.;) Those factors may translate into low participation.

I'm curious and interested regarding the format. If I'm there, and they have it, I'll play.

Beard, if you're going to Tunica, I'm surprised you wouldn't jump all over the chance to play on the 10-footers. You might be the only player in the field with experience on the big tables!

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Now they have tournaments on 5 x 10's. :frus Now that I am 71. "Way back when," I could play myself 10 to 8 playing 1pkt on a 5 x 10 over a 4 1/2 x 9, and 8 to 7 playing bank pool.

Beard

Me too Fred,...Sad ain't it..We coulda been contender's, playing on 5 X 10's..;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Beard, if you're going to Tunica, I'm surprised you wouldn't jump all over the chance to play on the 10-footers. You might be the only player in the field with experience on the big tables!

Doc

Doc i think the problem is the reading glasses dont focus so well after 3 feet
........:eek:...........:D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Me too Fred,...Sad ain't it..We coulda been contender's, playing on 5 X 10's..;)

Yeah. How would you have liked it in the 60s if they played those 1pkt tourns on 5 by's? I aint kidding when I say I could play myself 10 to 8 on Big Bertha.
I mentioned this once, and I will mention it again like you did with your Ronnie "pedophile" veterinarian story. It was humorous.

I ran 10 and out on table 13 (5 x 10) in Bensingers 5 games in a row playing for $10 a game. I was playing the house man, Juan 10 to 7.

Beard

FASTEJ

Could someone help explain this tourny format to me? I've read it about 4 times and still don't understand any of it.Thanks,John B.

John,

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=260618

This is a link to a discussion about the format before I introduced it at the USBTC in Reno earlier this year. Hopefully this will clear up a few questions you might have.

If you have any further questions, you can ask them in this forum and I'll do my best to answer them.