Be safe texas members ,,hurricane harvey coming

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
LAND FALL TODAY OR EARLY TOMMORROW
MAYBE CATEGORY 3 (WIND SPEED 111-130 MPH)
MAJOR HURRICANE

having been thru hurricane andrew let me tell you
EVACUATE IF ORDERED TO DO SO
you cant hold your roof from flying away
but if you are not injured you are in better shape to fix things up after the damage is done
BE SAFE

hurricane harvey 2.png

hurricane harvey.png

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
LAND FALL TODAY OR EARLY TOMMORROW
MAYBE CATEGORY 3 (WIND SPEED 111-130 MPH)
MAJOR HURRICANE

having been thru hurricane andrew let me tell you
EVACUATE IF ORDERED TO DO SO

I believe them this time, but the reluctance of some to evacuate comes partly from too much crying wolf. It's SOP in the weather-broadcasting business to hype everything.

Looks like rain is going to be the worst for Houston. If the storm stalls at landfall, two days of rain will cause major flooding.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
your right about the wolf crying,

they hype it every storm now
and last 3 they said were supposed to be terriyfing really didnt see any street flooding

i think the news people the water companies and generator people do this, its become a YRLY event last 3 yrs labor day has had major rain fall
big business in scaring the public into a buying frenzy

not that a hurricane isnt something to not be aware of, but its not hitting houston at cat 3 so im not OVERLY too worried at this time,my neighborhood is really in a good spot, in the last 7yrs with all the storms,the water has never once rose in the street outside of my house

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
your right about the wolf crying,

they hype it every storm now
and last 3 they said were supposed to be terriyfing really didnt see any street flooding

i think the news people the water companies and generator people do this, its become a YRLY event last 3 yrs labor day has had major rain fall
big business in scaring the public into a buying frenzy

not that a hurricane isnt something to not be aware of, but its not hitting houston at cat 3 so im not OVERLY too worried at this time,my neighborhood is really in a good spot, in the last 7yrs with all the storms,the water has never once rose in the street outside of my house

Well said, BTS. I suspect that y'all will get some freeway flooding for sure, with all the rain. But, being far enough from the coast, Houston probably won't get much wind damage. Unless of course Harvey gets up to Cat. 4 or worse...:eek:

Anyway y'all know what to expect. I always think it's exciting for the few days leading up to landfall: everyone with singleness of purpose. Although we skedaddled to Mobile ahead of Katrina hitting Gulfport. Good move....:cool:

We'll be watchin' ya!

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It's been quite a bit more terrible than I imagined

richard thanks for posting at least we know you are alive...:)
i am going to start a thread to ask our texas members to let us know how things are going if they have power and their survival priority allows them to post