Another member met

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I was able to get out today for a little bit and meet up with fellow member poolisboring (Don) - had a great time! Not only a good shotmaker but also a heck of a nice guy...

Thanks for making such a long drive Don and it was great sparing with you today!

We met at Michael's and I thought we may be able to get on the stream but I think it needed to be turned on and no one was able to do it who was there. Thank goodness though, I made some bad shots (and some good ones).

Hope to meet up again sometime Don and good luck with YTK or whoever the next local member you face off against!

Have a couple of WWYD's to post..

Had to get a selfie of me and Don with his vanity license plates =D

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
i had a great time also Chris, Michaels is an amazing poolroom!! i loved those super tight pockets we played on!! we definately have a similar one pocket style, i felt like i was playing against a better version of myself..... thanks again for taking the time to meet and play some--i enjoyed it!! PIB :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Cincy, is Michael's where you usually play?

First off, welcome to the site! :)

Actually no. I don't get to play that often with work and family life. Until I get my own table again, I usually play 2-3 times per month and it's at the pool room closest to me in Florence, KY - "Kick Shots".

They have (4) 9' diamonds with pretty tight pockets (I don know the size) and maybe another 8 of the 8 footers. I like that it's real close to home but what I don't like is I smell like a mixture of body odor and a cigarette factory when I leave...

I do love playing at Michael's though and Michael is a great guy and good for the sport. Also, doesn't play too bad himself - he used to be a real good bank pool player at one time.

Are you a local?

Grinder797

I live in Monroe off 75, but kinda new to the area. I used to live in Hillsboro, East of Cincy in Richard Harris country. Big fan of one pocket but rarely shoot also, do to work.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I live in Monroe off 75, but kinda new to the area. I used to live in Hillsboro, East of Cincy in Richard Harris country. Big fan of one pocket but rarely shoot also, do to work.

Cool, good to meet you and once again welcome to the forums! Great bunch of guys here with a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge of one pocket and bank pool.

Don't be afraid to participate in the threads, it's how we all learn!