Freddie passed

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I am really saddened to pass the news that my good friend and our forums most respected person passed this morning. He died in his sleep last night..I believe from pneumonia. Freddie fell and broke his hip several days ago and was scheduled for surgery on I believe Monday. I'm guessing that his body was traumatized and was weakened because of it and pneumonia took control and caused his passing.

I spoke to Fred's son Dino after posting the above and he informed me that his dad died during a procedure..and a simple one at that. His heart stopped and they failed to bring him back. That's all I know, I will be in Chicago tomorrow and talk further with the family.

This is so sad and i'm fighting back tears as I write this, may god bless and take care of our friend.

R.I.P. my good friend I love you

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
In my Hawaiian language

Ma Poina Oe Ia Au
You will never be forgotten in our hearts

Aloha oe
Farewell with love

Keone

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Freddy

Freddy

This is a terrible blow and loss to our pool world.

Rest In Peace Freddy, pool will never forget you.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I am very saddened to hear that Freddy has passed.

My condolences to his family and many friends.

Jim

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Freddie passed

Just terrible news. Thanks so much for sharing yourself and your knowledge Freddie. Rest in Peace.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
freddie

freddie

Sorry to hear of Freddie's passing, knew him since 86, when i met him at a tournament at south side billiard cafe. He will be missed.

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
......so sorry to hear of Freddie's passing.....and sorry for Your loss...Billy....I know what it is to loose a Loved one.....be assured that Freddie....was a Winner in life.....to have the Respect that He had...from His peers....is what this game is all about.....in that light......He broke and ran out......

DrGonzo

This is terrible. I'm truly sorry to hear this. God speed, Freddy. I wanted to make it down to Chicago one final time...I'm very sorry I wasn't able to.

Bank on Brother.

Your friend,

Jon

chicagomike

Verified Member
I just read the sad news....RIP Freddy, you taught me alot and I enjoy being your friend. You will be missed by many, but not forgotten.

P.S. Keep the move.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This is shocking and terrible news. Even after the cancer diagnosis, I'd thought Fred would have been with us for a couple of more years. I'm sure he was wanting to do just one more Hall Of Fame dinner.

Thanks for telling us, Bill.

~Doc

baby huey

Verified Member
I am pained by his passing. "Its over before it began." God bless you Freddy.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Had just laid down for a nap, when Dennis called me with the terrible news...Just when it appeared things were looking
up for him...What a rotten break he didn't get to reap the rewards...It is indeed, a very sad day for the pool world he loved
so much...RIP Freddie.

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
This is terrible news. My condolences to Freddy's family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him. I have learned from and enjoyed his several books...and his spirited and insightful postings on these forums and others.

God bless you Freddy, keep making those impossible banks..

Glad you got a chance to dazzle a few high society dames and a count or baron or something from some fkn place recently.

Another giant of our game passed on...a very sad day. But perhaps thankful for a relatively short time of suffering.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I'm in such pain and sorrow over the loss of my oldest and closest friend in the pool world that, I really can't think of what to say. I'm sure when the shock wears off and the reality of this most terrible day hits me, I'll be able to express myself appropriately.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Yes, this is the most brutal news I've had in a long time. I can't believe it yet. Will take a while to sink in on me. Nobody liked The Beard any more than me, I don't think...

bstroud

Verified Member
I have known Freddy since I was 17. We battled heads many times.

I just can't imagine what the pool world will be like without him.

He was one of the last of the pool players with a real personality.

There was never anyone like him in the pool room.

He has forgotten more than most players ever knew.

I will miss him more than I can say.

Bill Stroud