What shot do YOU shoot to WIN the game from here?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The entire state of Kentucky concurs.

The entire world of one pocket concurs, including the lower level bangers.

It is like the most important rule in one hole, or one of the most important, not to take a chance of coming out of the one hole.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
the entire world of one pocket concurs, including the lower level bangers.

It is like the most important rule in one hole, or one of the most important, not to take a chance of coming out of the one hole.

Please refer to todays photos and video for the correct position of the balls, and of me making the shot! See post #17

Tyler, again! This is a 'prop' bet action shot! You can really make money on this shot, I have many, many times!
:frus:frus

8andout

Verified Member
Is this a trick question?

Is this a trick question?

Play the cueball off the 12 and put it on the first diamond behind the 13. He shoots the combo and misses- then concedes the game. You win in one shot!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Or go over on an adjacent table and fire a 7-rail draw stroke. He concedes the match after seeing it.

I converted one "Kentuckian," I'll wait on you! JK :lol:lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
So, Here's the original diagram in Post #1.

Attachment 10694

And Here's a diagram providing a solution to the problem! Again, PLEASE excuse my poor excuse for a curve on the CB!

Attachment 10695

And finally, here's photos of the position of balls on the table, and a video of me making the shot from the diagram in post #1!

Attachment 10696

Attachment 10697

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CfbsCzVys[/ame]

The ENTIRE SECRET to this type of EXTREME effect cushion first, is, "THE CORRECT ANGLE INTO THE 1ST CUSHION!"

That really aint a bad shot.....I used to practice that kind of stuff with Mike Massey.Not as hard as it looks. Short bridge,short stroke of course and real low left...medium speed. It'll hook right in there. John B. __________________
Click here to order the DVD
Click here to order JB shirts

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
bill, thanks for some of this stuff. many or most havent been exposed to unconventional shots. although they need to be practiced to see the extent to what one can do.

also on dirty cloth and dirty cue balls as most one pocket players play on in the poolrooms many shots cant be made often enough to be worthwhile.

overall you are not a complete player without odd shots in your repertoire.

Beatle; Like I've said ALL my life, "There's ALL kinds of paddles for everybody's ASS!" ;)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
bill, thanks for some of this stuff. many or most havent been exposed to unconventional shots. although they need to be practiced to see the extent to what one can do.

also on dirty cloth and dirty cue balls as most one pocket players play on in the poolrooms many shots cant be made often enough to be worthwhile.

overall you are not a complete player without odd shots in your repertoire.

One pocket has more niche and odd shots than any other game.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
One pocket has more niche and odd shots than any other game.

The subtleties in "Carom" games are, "boundless"! One of the MOST essential components of a TOP Carom or 3C players is the ability to "control ALL 3 balls!" So the, "niche", "odd" or "nuance" shots appear more repeatedly! Examples-----> "masse" and "pique" shots, along with different strokes, "dry" stroke, "follow-thru," "short", "rapid", "slow" and "dead-ball."

In pocket billiards, 95% of the time in 95% of ALL the games played on a "pocket" table, the 1st OB's job is completely "finished" when that ball travels into the POCKET! NOT so in, Carom games! When pocket players say, "I missed that ball by an inch," in the Carom games, it's "literally" a game of missing by millimeters!

The "closest" pocket game that comes to mind where, I would compare similarities to the "subtle" nuances in the Carom games is, "Bank Pool." Because the player is controlling the effect of the OB contacting a cushion also the speed and position of the CB for the next shot! The one thing about "Bank Pool" is there is absolutely NO luck involved! Every shot has to be "clean" into the pocket!

Last edited:

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I would bank the 12 towards my hole and draw the CB back under the cluster. I feel like most here, you are trying to put up shots that require you to win right then, if you only need 1 ball and its sitting in the jaws, why not just play a safe until you have a winning shot. on this layout you are turning the CB loose, what happens if you scratch then he is right back in the game.--Smitty

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
comment

comment

You forgot! You have to WIN, the game in ONE shot!
Besides the 12 can't be banked, my diagram may be off a touch! I'll be back later, and tweak the diagram!

1) They did not forget; they are, as are most folks these days, not paying attention.

2) Speaking of paying attention ... and I DO have to respect your game, why not set the ball positions properly THE FIRST TIME?? Doing it later, after baiting those who are inattentive from the git-go is quite lame.