help me its my shot

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Very hard shooting over the 1ball, a little RHE, probably won't hit a rail, but maybe. If you don't miscue, you'll probably get safe.

You know I think it's a bad spot if I take a chance on fouling. :)

I have nothing to add to what's been suggested here but I like Rod's choice the best. Simple and spin may not be needed. Shooting over the ball doesn't seem like it would be much of a problem since there is not much to do with the cue ball.

Off the six is good too but I still like Rod's choice better. The one rail kick with a little hold up is my third choice and not number one because it has a little more involved that the others. Hitting the point of the side pocket is one reason plus if hit too hard you're heading toward the hole.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I would play the kick to the 11. I saw this shot right off the bat but read through all the post to see if anyone else came up with that shot and sure enough there was a couple of post. I don't see anything real hard about this shot, however I would not hit it so hard as to try an move the 11 to my side, just hard enough to get a rail.---Smitty

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Is this what you kind of mean Jeff?

Yep,
That's it... I don't think I would miss the 11, looks doable...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Guy i was playing against shot the side/long 3 rail kick today in our game. Pulled it off easily and even hit my ball.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hey Larry,

If you cant see the 6 then I am shooting the 3 ball pretty much straight on with follow and leave the CB on the head rail near his side of the table hopefully enough over where he does not have the 11 to shoot. He will have the 6 or the combo from here but if he misses either one he may be in some trouble.

III, you don't like your money. I would never and never thought about that shot. LOL---Smitty

Guy i was playing against shot the side/long 3 rail kick today in our game. Pulled it off easily and even hit my ball.

jtom and androd
being jacked up i would not have alot of confidence
if i could do it it really is the shot
unoperro
not having a system for how much holding english needed i would be crossing my fingers hoping it worked...:D
but i like it if i could do it
jeff
very creative not sure its for me
mr 3c
i like your shot....:)
if i saw it i would shoot it
its a natural
for the record
i shot the 3 straight ahead 2 railing it to my sidr following the cue ball to the head rail

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
jtom and androd
being jacked up i would not have alot of confidence
if i could do it it really is the shot
unoperro
not having a system for how much holding english needed i would be crossing my fingers hoping it worked...:D
but i like it if i could do it
jeff
very creative not sure its for me
mr 3c
i like your shot....:)
if i saw it i would shoot it
its a natural
for the record
i shot the 3 strsight shrsd 2 rsilig it to my sidr folloeimg the cue ball to the head rsail

To be fair... today he wasn't tree topped and it was also his only shot.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I like shooting lag speed between the 2&3with a little "holdup" on whitey . Go 2/3 rails down in front of opponents pocket.

Following almost straight thru the 3 looks good.

I like going between the 2 and 3 also and back down by his pocket.. simple and easy to execute.. no way you will end up frozen again when he replies

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Larry,

The 1st shot I looked at was the 3 ball shot and decided to look elsewhere when I saw the possibilities left with shooting that shot... It leaves a free shot at the 6 ball, which even if he doesn't make it, could spell serious trouble...

It's very difficult to judge some angles from pictures, but it doesn't appear the 6 is available for the Kid's shot.

Jacked up looks questionable because it's very difficult to cue this shot with proper speed, let alone cue it with RHE.. This shot is fraught with peril for me...

Kicking between the 2/3 looks like it's probably the best shot, even though the angle appears a tad long, might have to shorten it with a little inside on the CB...

Mr. 3 cushion has a good shot IMO, it looks easy enough and very natural, plus you can get to the part of the CB that's needed to execute the shot.. I gotta admit I didn't see it Bill, I think it's very doable.. It's certainly understandable why you would be the one to spot shots like this..:)

I just suggested the kick on the 11 as a possible, because it gives a doable escape from here.. It's straight across, and I kick pretty good across the table.. It's an option I would utilize when others aren't available..

Interesting WWYD Larry

Thank You.. :)