Put that damn phone down!!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I have begun to notice how many really bad drivers are on our highways and byways today... It's a real war zone out there nowadays, and I try my damnedest to avoid any heavy traffic situations... Doesn't matter though, here in Houston it's crowded all the time, except from 3:00 AM until 5:00AM..

I believe most of it is due to the cell phone... When someone is driving in the fast lane and only doing about 60 MPH, you can bet they are yakking or texting on the phone... I see it all the time, whenever I'm at a red light, and the lead car/truck doesn't move when the light turns green, they are on the phone, texting...when you see a car wondering out of their lane into another lane, they are texting on the phone... It's an epidemic!!!

I wonder how many accidents are directly related to someone using a cell phone while driving? How many injuries? Fatalities? I would bet it's a big number, might even rival DWI or DUI... Might be more...

Unless a person has experienced an accident first hand, they don't fully comprehend what kind of damage that 4000 lb. chunk of metal they are driving can do to anything it hits.. They simply don't have a clue that at even 30mph a vehicle weighing 4000 lbs can totally destroy any object that's half it weight... An automobile is a lethal weapon when in motion and should be handled with the utmost care and attention while behind the wheel...

My hopes are that if you happen to be one of the offenders to whom I am referring, you will take heed and realize that not only are you responsible for your own life, but the lives of your passengers as well, plus the lives of your fellow drivers...

You may not realize it now, but things happen in the blink of an eye out there on the road, and lives are forever altered every minute of every single day by careless drivers...

Put the phone down, please, and pay attention when you're driving, the life you save might be your own...