Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Freddie, first let me say that there is no kiss with my method of playing the safety by following through the 8 ball sending the cue ball to the center of the top rail. Secondly Truman didn't find the shot I just described, he hit the 1 ball thinly and went up table to the left side of the table, running the risk to leave a possible free bank for Piggy. My shot would position the cue ball near the top center diamond negating that possibility. And thirdly and finally, I don't need days to figure the right shot, i'm sure you can understand that by now. You have for some unknown reason have always felt that my conception of playing strategically was sub par. You really have no clue how I think, which has been evidenced in this thread. I never questioned your thinking ability, I have always maintained that you are one of the few real "thinkers" in pool. It is only in the area of bank pool that you are taking the worst of it trying to out move me. :sorryI believe that you have been blinded with thinking that anyone outside of Chicago doesn't understand how to play, (Whattaya reaching out for sympathy with the "Chicago bad," crowd. I never talked bad about Pittsburg.:)) which consequently limits your ability to learn. I on the other hand respect many players, and also many of the modern day players as well. You seem to be stuck in that old school way of playing gear, and that's not going to beat the players of today.
(Werent you just complaining about ME judging you a few sentences ago with that sub-par thing?) I asked you to read my post #43 and you said that Truman shot the shot I described, when in fact he didn't, which is confusing to me as well as you read and write, you didn't understand what I said.Never said he shot your particular shot choice, what I meant, for brevity's sake, was that he played safe rather that shooting. And playing safe was yours, Trumans and John B's side of the equation. Maybe your mind is closed to suggestions. I understood all of your shot choices, some I liked and some I didn't. We put our thoughts out there for whomever wanted to adopt a way of thinking and playing, at least they have a choice. That's what's great about this site. I only wish there were other players that would participate in debates of this kind, we would all be for the better if there were.

Dr. Bill

Sorry, there is a kiss possibility depending on how full you hit the bottom ball. Look, I said it was a good (ok, creative), choice if someone decided to play safe. The best SAFETY choice. But not to me the best shot choice.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sorry, there is a kiss possibility depending on how full you hit the bottom ball. Look, I said it was a good (ok, creative), choice if someone decided to play safe. The best SAFETY choice. But not to me the best shot choice.

Beard

What you're failing to realize is playing safe off the 8 ball by following through the 8 ball will enable you to position the cue ball in a much more difficult position (top rail center dia.) for the incoming player (Piggy) Also all object balls will now be on the right side of the table completely eliminating all possible return banks From this position the return safety will also be a more difficult shot. Now that's the difference between Trumans saftey and mine.
Which was meaningless to you. That's called using your imagination to win with. (moving)

Then you said there's a possible kiss with the shot.:lol
That depends on how bad you play, i'll shoot this shot 50 times and bet I don't kiss.:sorry

Then in closing you said that I can't out move you playing bank pool. Well bank pool and one pocket are very similar when it comes to choosing the correct thing to do. If you would of said that you know more banks than me, or you can beat more kisses than me, I would agree, but I seriously doubt that you can out move me playing pool. Any game.:sorry

When i'm in Chicago you and I will go to the pool room for a friendly game of bank pool, playing one and stop Then we'll find out the answer about who out moves who.:D:)

I hope everyone goes to the store to buy their "popcorn" don't forget the drinks.
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What you're failing to realize is playing safe off the 8 ball by following through the 8 ball will enable you to position the cue ball in a much more difficult position (top rail center dia.) for the incoming player (Piggy) Also all object balls will now be on the right side of the table completely eliminating all possible return banks From this position the return safety will also be a more difficult shot. Now that's the difference between Trumans saftey and mine.
Which was meaningless to you. That's called using your imagination to win with. (moving)

That depends on how bad you play, i'll shoot this shot 50 times and bet I don't kiss.:sorry

Then in closing you said that I can't out move you playing bank pool. Well bank pool and one pocket are very similar when it comes to choosing the correct thing to do. If you would of said that you know more banks than me, or you can beat more kisses than me, I would agree, but I seriously doubt that you can out move me playing pool. Any game.:sorry

When i'm in Chicago you and I will go to the pool room for a friendly game of bank pool, playing one and stop Then we'll find out the answer about who out moves who.:D:)

Dr. Bill

That sound everyone just heard was Billy I throwing down the gauntlet... This thread just got REAL interesting. Will Freddy accept the challenge? stay tuned folks...somebody's ego might get bruised

P.S. I WILL PLAY THE WINNER 1 AND STOP I DONT MIND PAYING MY DUES

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
That sound everyone just heard was Billy I throwing down the gauntlet... This thread just got REAL interesting. Will Freddy accept the challenge? stay tuned folks...somebody's ego might get bruised

P.S. I WILL PLAY THE WINNER 1 AND STOP I DONT MIND PAYING MY DUES
You can play one and stop, and i'll play one and safe. What do you say?
It sounds like a tough game, but it's really not. Not for you.

We'll play in Tunica.

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You can play one and stop, and i'll play one and safe. What do you say?
It sounds like a tough game, but it's really not. Not for you.

We'll play in Tunica.

Billy I.

Billy I always moving. We will both play 1 and stop or we will both play 1 and safe. What do you say? It sounds like a tough game, but it's really not. Not for you. I will even let Freddy coach you:eek:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
note the time gentleman 10:49 i feel either Freddy or Billy will reply to my post within 2 minutes...lets see how well i know my fish

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy I always moving. We will both play 1 and stop or we will both play 1 and safe. What do you say? It sounds like a tough game, but it's really not. Not for you. I will even let Freddy coach you:eek:

You're not even trying to match up, you've already beaten me with two balls now you want to play me even>:lol There are only a few guy's that i'll play at my age, John Hendy, The Ghost, Freddie, and you. And if your not nice, or if you continue to insult my intelligence i'm crossing your name off the list.:p:sorry

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You're not even trying to match up, you've already beaten me with two balls now you want to play me even>:lol There are only a few guy's that i'll play at my age, John Hendy, The Ghost, Freddie, and you. And if your not nice, or if you continue to insult my intelligence i'm crossing your name off the list.:p:sorry

Dr. Bill

WOW you got me in some company there.. I dont know whether to feel honored or pissed off LMFAO

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
For the last time...

For the last time...

Which was meaningless to you. That's called using your imagination to win with. (moving) I am not failing to realize anything. I understand all too well how strong the safety you suggested is. I have already stated that. I never equated it to Truman's choice except in the case that I preferred to shoot at the one ball rather than play any kind of safe. I havent changed my mind about that.

That depends on how bad you play, i'll shoot this shot 50 times and bet I don't kiss.:sorry I will experiment on a real table and get back to you.

Then in closing you said that I can't out move you playing bank pool. Well bank pool and one pocket are very similar when it comes to choosing the correct thing to do. If you would of said that you know more banks than me, or you can beat more kisses than me, I would agree, but I seriously doubt that you can out move me playing pool. Any game. Here is what I have to say. Forget about you, there is no human alive in this solar system that can outmove me playing bank pool. I have in fact invented a format to determine such a thing. Two equal players will face off and play. "Whomever" and I will move away from each other and record on tape, our shot, game strategy and moving critique. We will then present each side to an esteemed panel of "experts" to determine which line of thinking would they like to follow for their cash. The stakes could be that the loser has to pay off in body parts

I hope everyone goes to the store to buy their "popcorn" don't forget the drinks.
Dr. Bill

Truth and Consequences,

I will put this shot up for debate at the Cincinnati bank tourn Mar 23rd, just for kicks. No matter the outcome, my mind isnt going to change, and I am sure Jesus couldnt change yours. I do this only for the more open minded people on the forum.

One and stop! Now you really dug yourself a hole. If we eliminated straight backs from over 3 ft, I aint sure who the hell would have to like that game.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Truth and Consequences,

I will put this shot up for debate at the Cincinnati bank tourn Mar 23rd, just for kicks. No matter the outcome, my mind isnt going to change, and I am sure Jesus couldnt change yours. I do this only for the more open minded people on the forum.

One and stop! Now you really dug yourself a hole. If we eliminated straight backs from over 3 ft, I aint sure who the hell would have to like that game.

Beard
Now you're starting to sound like Artie, with his open challenge for $30,000 by choosing a panel of experts to decide the winner. We really don't need to do all of that, this thread would be a good example of what to expect if we chose a panel of experts. By the way, you can expect the transcripts to be mailed within two months.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Truth and Consequences,

Beard

Originally Posted by wincardona
Which was meaningless to you. That's called using your imagination to win with. (moving) I am not failing to realize anything. I understand all too well how strong the safety you suggested is. I have already stated that. I never equated it to Truman's choice except in the case that I preferred to shoot at the one ball rather than play any kind of safe. I havent changed my mind about that. Which brings us back to the core of our disagreement, glad you remembered that.

Then you said there's a possible kiss with the shot.
That depends on how bad you play, i'll shoot this shot 50 times and bet I don't kiss. I will experiment on a real table and get back to you.
Why would you or any knowledgeable player need to experiment with my suggestion on how to shoot this shot? It's obvious there's no kiss if hit anywhere near decently, the picture will tell you that.
Then in closing you said that I can't out move you playing bank pool. Well bank pool and one pocket are very similar when it comes to choosing the correct thing to do. If you would of said that you know more banks than me, or you can beat more kisses than me, I would agree, but I seriously doubt that you can out move me playing pool. Any game. Here is what I have to say. Forget about you, there is no human alive in this solar system that can outmove me playing bank pool. I have in fact invented a format to determine such a thing. Two equal players will face off and play. "Whomever" and I will move away from each other and record on tape, our shot, game strategy and moving critique. We will then present each side to an esteemed panel of "experts" to determine which line of thinking would they like to follow for their cash. The stakes could be that the loser has to pay off in body parts Well that's fine with me, betting body parts, even though by doing that i'm laying a price, but you need odds on your money (body parts) playing me.

PS. If you moved as eloquently as you write, i'd already would of offered you a few fingers as a settlement.

When i'm in Chicago you and I will go to the pool room for a friendly game of bank pool, playing one and stop Then we'll find out the answer about who out moves who.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What would be interesting...

What would be interesting...

...is if Steve Booth put up a poll. "Who do you like in the one and stop bank game?" We can even have a three way, Me, Billy and Hackerpuss.

Since the poll is anonymous, people hesitant to get into our discussions would have a voice. Should be an honest tally (aside from a few "automatically against me's.") I will just have to overcome that deficit.

Beard

remember folks, one and stop, means as soon as you shoot your inning ends immediately. Different from one and a safety, where you can bank one and then play safe.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
...is if Steve Booth put up a poll. "Who do you like in the one and stop bank game?" We can even have a three way, Me, Billy and Hackerpuss.

Since the poll is anonymous, people hesitant to get into our discussions would have a voice. Should be an honest tally (aside from a few "automatically against me's.") I will just have to overcome that deficit.

Beard

remember folks, one and stop, means as soon as you shoot your inning ends immediately. Different from one and a safety, where you can bank one and then play safe.
My bad,:sorryall along I was thinking that you were just busting my balls by vehemently opposing my shot choices. But I can see now that you really are serious, I don't know what to say, other than i'm sorry.:eek::D

Now you're adding another player into the mix, and one that plays better than me.:eek: This tells me that I never did have a chance to win any argument with you, never.:heh

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Beard

For anyone taking this serious you better pick the Hacker because this is a JOKE. These guys couldnt beat me if they tried to chop me up. :D WINDOW OPEN
THE MORE I THINK OF THIS, THE MORE I LAUGH LMFAO FREDDY NOW BACK TO REALITY AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
For anyone taking this serious you better pick the Hacker because this is a JOKE. These guys couldnt beat me if they tried to chop me up. :D WINDOW OPEN
THE MORE I THINK OF THIS, THE MORE I LAUGH LMFAO FREDDY NOW BACK TO REALITY AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE

I agree, you play at least two balls better than either of us, I don't want you in this contest.:sorry If Freddie thinks that his superior moving is going to make up the difference of the speed of both you guys, he's made his first mistake in moving.:frus

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bring me back to reality

Bring me back to reality

Since the game is so out of line, maybe the HackerPuss can even it out. I cant speak for you, but I dont need two balls from him in that game. I would take 8 to 7. Should be enough to stick him in the donnicker.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Since the game is so out of line, maybe the HackerPuss can even it out. I cant speak for you, but I dont need two balls from him in that game. I would take 8 to 7. Should be enough to stick him in the donnicker.

Beard

LMFAO I love when guys flap their gums about how they can win a game and then when they are called out they ask for weight... I guess thats how its done in Chicago:eek:
P.S. when i stick you in the donnicker make sure you bring a copy of your book, you can use it as your bum wad:sorry

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Back up your giggles

Back up your giggles

LMFAO I love when guys flap their gums about how they can win a game and then when they are called out they ask for weight... I guess thats how its done in Chicago:eek:
P.S. when i stick you in the donnicker make sure you bring a copy of your book, you can use it as your bum wad:sorry

Well, when a guy giggles about how easy it is going to be to beat me, what other choice do I have? All those giggles should be worth at least a ball.

Beard

When I was your age and I played guys that were 71 yrs old I gave them a room, a bottle, a hooker, and two or three balls.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well, when a guy giggles about how easy it is going to be to beat me, what other choice do I have? All those giggles should be worth at least a ball.

Beard

When I was your age and I played guys that were 71 yrs old I gave them a room, a bottle, a hooker, and two or three balls.

You are the one that brought me into the equation saying you could beat me or Billy playing one and stop. Like i already said i dont play pool for recognition or ego, i play for MONEY period. I pick out a sucker and than take him off....with that being said when would you like to play?:lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Beard

Let me explain what I said and how to interpret it. I said that the Hacker is two balls better than either of us. That's two balls in a regular game of bank pool, not two balls playing one and stop.

Imo the moving part when playing one and stop isn't as big as you think it is. Ball striking imo is more important than moving, when playing one and stop.:sorry Also one's ability in striking balls well, and controlling the cue ball in terms of importance, is at it's highest. So I wouldn't if I were you fall too much in love with getting 8/7 from the Hacker, trust me, i'm a doctor.:D I myself probably couldn't win with that game.:sorry

Dr. Bill